Signs of labour?

shinexuan

Hi mummies, i am now 38 wk preggy, baby has enagaged since 36 wk, but i show no signs of labour yet... Not even dilated at all (according to Gynea).

However 2 days ago (Fri), i woke up feeling a little menstrual cramps, so i went toilet to pee... after i pee-ed, i cant go back to sleep, cos of the little cramp wor..so i tot, maybe THIS is it! Gonna start of labour liaoz.. but after a while (abt 10-15mins), i feel asleep and when i woke up the next morning, the cramp is not there anymore.

But hor, this menstrual cramp has been coming back and forth since fri til now... Like today, i have such crampy feeling almost whole day.... then my lower back also a bit aching... my pelvic bone also feeling more sore (like gonna rip open kind of feeling)...

Can i ask if any of you experienced such thingy before? is it pre-signs of labour? or just another part of pregnancy? :err:

Any advise from mummies here?

Thanks! :)

hueychye79

Hi mummies, i am now 38 wk preggy, baby has enagaged since 36 wk, but i show no signs of labour yet... Not even dilated at all (according to Gynea).

However 2 days ago (Fri), i woke up feeling a little menstrual cramps, so i went toilet to pee... after i pee-ed, i cant go back to sleep, cos of the little cramp ..so i thought, maybe THIS is it! Gonna start of labour liaoz.. but after a while (about 10-15mins), i feel asleep and when i woke up the next morning, the cramp is not there anymore.

But , this menstrual cramp has been coming back and forth since fri til now... Like today, i have such crampy feeling almost whole day.... then my lower back also a bit aching... my pelvic bone also feeling more sore (like gonna rip open kind of feeling)...

Can i ask if any of you experienced such thingy before? is it pre-signs of labour? or just another part of pregnancy? :err:

Any advise from mummies here?

Thanks! :)
Shinexuan mummies,

Hang on! You are almost there.

That time I also give birth around 39 weeks 2 days..

Before that also not much discharge and the braxton hicks is very frequent.

Tummy always feel very tied. Cannot sleep well at night.

Just take note if your tummy cramp, check the time interval.

For me, most of the braxton hick attack me at night.

:001_302:

Jia you.

What I have learnt from the antenatal class for sign of labour is “regular contraction” , say certain duration and interval for a period of time. :001_302:

Hihi, i am currently 34 weeks pregnant now. Since last week, I have been having tightness in my tummy(plus a bit of pain) and backache when I sleep at nite.

Is this normal or a sign of early labour?

shinexuan

Shinexuan mummies,

Hang on! You are almost there.

That time I also give birth around 39 weeks 2 days..

Before that also not much discharge and the braxton hicks is very frequent.

Tummy always feel very tied. Cannot sleep well at night.

Just take note if your tummy cramp, check the time interval.

For me, most of the braxton hick attack me at night.

:001_302:

Jia you.
Hi hueychye79, for me discharge as per normal leh... but just got the menstrual crampy feeling lor... oh, and also the feeling is like you got mild gastric pain in upper tummy.... plus aching feeling at lower back... i realsied that when i lie down, its better but when i stand up or sit down, its back again... boo... :( I am hoping she will be out by end of this coming wk! :001_302: hahaha... cant wait liaoz... keke..

shinexuan

What I have learnt from the antenatal class for sign of labour is “regular contraction” , say certain duration and interval for a period of time. :001_302:
Hi Claire Mama, i read abt this too (cos i didnt attend the classes :) ), hmmm think mine is not regular enuff... oh gosh.. got this feeling that mine might take her own sweet time wor.... anw, i wll continue to monitor the intervals...
oh, btw when nearer to labour, does baby's movemt slowdown? cos mine seems to slow down her movemt since yesterday... b4 that she is like ACTIVE!, but just yesterday, i noticed she didnt move as much as days b4... still got movemt, but not as much... is it normal ah? :)

shinexuan

Hihi, i am currently 34 weeks pregnant now. Since last week, I have been having tightness in my tummy(plus a bit of pain) and backache when I sleep at nite.

Is this normal or a sign of early labour?

Hey pinkyhippo, i think might be early signs of labour wor... i suggest u call your gynea and double check.. better to play safe. :)

Hey pinkyhippo, i think might be early signs of labour ... i suggest you call your gynea and double check.. better to play safe. :)
hihi, thanks for the advice - went to see gynae yesterday. He said that it's most likely due to baby stretching inside plus bcoz baby is big size, so probably that would explain the increase in discomfort.

My princess is 2.5kg at 33+weeks - is this considered big? I am quite petite.. and throughout pregnancy, only put on 4kg....

shinexuan

hihi, thanks for the advice - went to see gynae yesterday. He said that it's most likely due to baby stretching inside plus bcoz baby is big size, so probably that would explain the increase in discomfort.

My princess is 2.5kg at 33+weeks - is this considered big? I am quite petite.. and throughout pregnancy, only put on 4kg....
Hi Pinkyhippo, WOW u only put on 4 kgs?? i think its too little.. did ur gynea say anyting abt ur wgt? i not sure if its consider too big for 33 wks.. but mine was 2.6kg at 36wks... maybe its ok i tink.. :err:

Hi Pinkyhippo, WOW you only put on 4 kgs?? i think its too little.. did your gynea say anyting about your wgt? i not sure if its consider too big for 33 wks.. but mine was 2.6kg at 36wks... maybe its ok i tink.. :err:
yeah only put on 4 kg, so difficult to gain weight for me...sigh..

gynae said maybe a bit big, must monitor over the next few weeks....

shinexuan

Hi pinkyhippo, i think you belong to the 'very slim' league (*envy!*), thats why its harder for you to gain wgt... but its ok, as long as gynea say u and baby are doing fine, i think shld be ok one...
good ma, later after birth easier to lose wgt... all the best gal! :)

chowlm

Hi 1st time mummies, I'm mummy of 3 kids with the youngest just 2 mths old. My advice is if you experience contraction at regular intervals then get ready to go to hospital. An important sign is you need to listen to your body and look out for discharge. Once you've spotting, you must go to hospital. Another sign is water bag rupture, it is a sign that you suddenly have alot of water discharge, don't mistaken it as urine. If discharge is cloudy, your baby is stressed up, you must act immediately. Some mummies have water bag leakage, is like mens but clear discharge also must go hospital to monitor. Every baby is different & they choose their own timing so mummies have to wait patiently and be prepared in case labour time is more than 12 hrs.

Hi 1st time mummies, I'm mummy of 3 kids with the youngest just 2 mths old. My advice is if you experience contraction at regular intervals then get ready to go to hospital. An important sign is you need to listen to your body and look out for discharge. Once you've spotting, you must go to hospital. Another sign is water bag rupture, it is a sign that you suddenly have alot of water discharge, dont't mistaken it as urine. If discharge is cloudy, your baby is stressed up, you must act immediately. Some mummies have water bag leakage, is like mens but clear discharge also must go hospital to monitor. Every baby is different & they choose their own timing so mummies have to wait patiently and be prepared in case labour time is more than 12 hours.
hi chowlm, thanks for the info. you mentioned that with cloudy discharge, it means that the baby is stressed up. How can i differentiate cloudy discharge? Coz i have been having fungal infection and discharge has always been a bit thick and cloudy....

hueychye79

Hi Claire Mama, i read about this too (cos i didnt attend the classes :) ), hmmm think mine is not regular enuff... oh gosh.. got this feeling that mine might take her own sweet time .... anw, i wll continue to monitor the intervals...
oh, btw when nearer to labour, does baby's movemt slowdown? cos mine seems to slow down her movemt since yesterday... before that she is like ACTIVE!, but just yesterday, i noticed she didnt move as much as days before... still got movemt, but not as much... is it normal ? :)
Hi Shinexuan mummies

Is pretty normal because I also encounter the same situation..

When visit gynae told her about the baby movement slow down, she did the CTG check for me. Of course everything ok! (Gynae comment I am too busy, so cannot feel the movement.. ha ha...)

Just monitor the baby kicks - total 10 kicks per day. :001_302:

Hope you have a smooth labour...

shinexuan

Hi 1st time mummies, I'm mummy of 3 kids with the youngest just 2 mths old. My advice is if you experience contraction at regular intervals then get ready to go to hospital. An important sign is you need to listen to your body and look out for discharge. Once you've spotting, you must go to hospital. Another sign is water bag rupture, it is a sign that you suddenly have alot of water discharge, dont't mistaken it as urine. If discharge is cloudy, your baby is stressed up, you must act immediately. Some mummies have water bag leakage, is like mens but clear discharge also must go hospital to monitor. Every baby is different & they choose their own timing so mummies have to wait patiently and be prepared in case labour time is more than 12 hours.
Hi chowlm, thanks for the advice, but can i ask if i have regular interval of contractions, but they are all painless, does this means that its not the real labour? Still need to go hospital or even call gynea? Cos my gynea adviced that unless its quite painful contractions at reg interval, dun admit hospital 1st, mostly will end up longer labour (if not painful enuff, still need to waste time in hos to wait for pain to be strogner, dilate b4 actual labour...) so he asked me not to waste time and money if the pain is not PAINFUL enuff...

I think wat he meant is to that i still need to wait for the pain to get intense anyway, so might as well wait at home (more comfy).. until PAINFUL then admit hospital... i think tis advice is gd. He help me save time and $$... lolz..
:tlaugh:

shinexuan

Hi Shinexuan mummies

Is pretty normal because I also encounter the same situation..

When visit gynae told her about the baby movement slow down, she did the CTG check for me. Of course everything ok! (Gynae comment I am too busy, so cannot feel the movement.. ha ha...)

Just monitor the baby kicks - total 10 kicks per day. :001_302:

Hope you have a smooth labour...
Hi hueychye, ya, 1 day after this post, baby's movemt go back to normal liaoz.. *phew..* i think that day i was busy with sth the whole day, so didnt notice her movemt and get gan cheong over nothing! hahaha... anw, thanks! When is ur edd? :)

TANZHENZHI

Hi Mummy Shinexuan, for me i also wait until really big pain then i go hospital. Like what hueychye79 says when you're busy you can't really feel the baby movement. I loves to move alot when i'm working so i didn't really feel him unless i sit down quietly and talk to him then i can feel his movement ;) I also feel my back aching alot and below feel like going to rip open type of feeling then the contractions start to pain every 2-5mins. I tell my husband to rush me to hospital as the pain really unbearable. I reach the hospital @ 11.30pm and gave birth my bb boy @ 4.01am. So the waiting time is consider fast ;) I keep telling him to be good and must come out faster, dun let mummy pain so long and he did it. The nurse burst my water bag, then my gynae came in she ask me to push, i push for 2nd time and he's out crying loudly.. Woosh.. i was so happy when he was out and i keep laughing happily and my gynae also laugh and say wow it's so fast and smooth. ;) Wish you have a smooth labour too.. :001_302:

kittylovers

TANZHENZHI, you're so lucky to have such smooth delivery, any tips? I'm quite gan cheong and don't know what should I do.... My edd is on this month end :)

shinexuan

Hi Mummy Shinexuan, for me i also wait until really big pain then i go hospital. Like what hueychye79 says when you're busy you can't really feel the baby movement. I loves to move alot when i'm working so i didn't really feel him unless i sit down quietly and talk to him then i can feel his movement ;) I also feel my back aching alot and below feel like going to rip open type of feeling then the contractions start to pain every 2-5mins. I tell my husband to rush me to hospital as the pain really unbearable. I reach the hospital @ 11.30pm and gave birth my baby boy @ 4.01am. So the waiting time is consider fast ;) I keep telling him to be good and must come out faster, dont let mummy pain so long and he did it. The nurse burst my water bag, then my gynae came in she ask me to push, i push for 2nd time and he's out crying loudly.. Woosh.. i was so happy when he was out and i keep laughing happily and my gynae also laugh and say wow it's so fast and smooth. ;) Wish you have a smooth labour too.. :001_302:
Hi TANZHENZHI, wow so gd, yours is so fast! i am still waiting.....

waiting.... no signs yet leh... but always got menses crampy feeling... comes and goes... sighz... impatient to wait liaoz.. keke..

I hope mine will be as fast as yours! :) You took epidural?

-jOanna

dun worry. when my waterbag broke at home, and reached hospital, they said im not dilated at all! and my waterbag BROKE! haha.. then they induced me :) took 25hrs to dilate lor! omg