Signs of Labour

mommysnake

Hello mummies..:)

Can you share your experience when are in labour? How do u know 'that' is the moment? Are you in alot of pain? were you alone at home? at work? and how soon did u get to the hospital?

I am currently abt 8 months pregnant (first time mum) and i know everyone feels different when they are in labour but would really like to hear your amazing stories. Thanks and cheers! :twink:

marshmallows

For me my waterbag burst one night at 3am+ when I was trying to sleep in my bed. Heard a 'gok' sound and thought what it was LOL. After a feel seconds I got up wanting to go pee and felt wet below. Went toilet and saw pinkish water on my panty liner. No contractions though.

Quickly took a shower, check my hospital bag and woke hubby up. Drove me to hospital and was 2cm dilated. Was until about 6am+ then I felt the horrible contractions. My boy was born at 11.35am that morning via natural birth w/o epidural. Considered fast for first birth haha! :)

Last edited:

mommysnake

Thanks for sharing ur story, marshmallows.:)

Btw, is the 'gok' sound very loud when the water bag broke?hmm, I wonder. I've read from other forums that some women heard a 'pop' sound then the water flow out.

marshmallows

Not very loud. If I was asleep I think I wouldn't have heard it hee. The loudness is like what u hear from your stomach when you are hungry but in this case it's a 'gok' :) I thought my boy kicked me till got sound but felt weird cos I didn't feel any kick haha! It was waterbag burst!

lekdao

For my first delivery i had slight red discharge at 9:00am. After my shower called my gynae and was told that i will not deliver so fast, anything just head to hospital and hospital will update him. At 3:00pm there is still no sign of water bag burst nor contraction, and called hospital to check. They asked me to head to hospital for a check up since its already 39 weeks, i was 1cm dilated and very mild contraction-was sent back home to rest. Till the next day 5:00am plus, the contraction was more intense, decide to head to hospital. Wheeled to delivery ward at 6:30am, gynae was there at 8:00am to confirm i will only deliver at noon. My baby was out on 12:30pm via natural birth w/o epidural.

2nd delivery felt tummy not too good, went toilet cleared bowel but stomach dun feel good. Suspected is contraction, called gynae since need to go for check up. Was told to rest at home till the strong contraction then head to hospital. Headed to hospital at 3pm after hubby has settled all his work, by then i was already 6cm dilated. gynae was there at 5:30pm to check on me, and i will only deliver at 8pm. Asked me wanna induse, agreed gynae called my hubby to get rush to hospital coz baby coming out soon. My gal was out on 6:30pm via natural birth w/o epidural.

Both delivery gynae helped me to break the water bag.

mommysnake

Ladies, thanks for sharing..interesting stories there.:)

No epidural? wow!..thats cool! i always have the impression that childbirth is extremely painful, in many movies and documentary prog, they show the woman screaming like in alot pain but i know it depends on individual, yeah!..some of my friends told me there isnt much pain and they gave birth w/o epidural too.:)

lekdao

Extremely painful is depends the level of pain you can take. I feel extremely painful at the very last stage of the delivery, Abt 30mins b4 the baby is out, by then its too late to hv epidural. During my 1st delivery, i felt so painful till i forgotten abt epidural and requested to c-sec. LOL ...... and 2nd delivery, i dun feel the intense contraction pain but felt so pain when the gynae slit the virginal and requested for epidural .... LOL .... anyway for my whole family, no one take epidural except my sis-in-law (heard that her 1st delivery, almost tear down the delivery room). hahahah

I heard woman 'moaning' when they are in the delivery ward. hahahaha ..... but for me, i just lie down and enjoy the TV programme, when the contraction come, inhale the laffing gas, high for a while.

mommysnake

Extremely painful is depends the level of pain you can take. I feel extremely painful at the very last stage of the delivery, Abt 30mins b4 the baby is out, by then its too late to hv epidural. During my 1st delivery, i felt so painful till i forgotten abt epidural and requested to c-sec. LOL ...... and 2nd delivery, i dun feel the intense contraction pain but felt so pain when the gynae slit the virginal and requested for epidural .... LOL .... anyway for my whole family, no one take epidural except my sis-in-law (heard that her 1st delivery, almost tear down the delivery room). hahahah

I heard woman 'moaning' when they are in the delivery ward. hahahaha ..... but for me, i just lie down and enjoy the TV programme, when the contraction come, inhale the laffing gas, high for a while.

LOL!!..wow lekdao..abit drama but i think its normal to react to the pain,lol.. one of my friend told me she was screaming and crying aloud at the labour room..the nurse have to calm her down and the other one told me her baby just 'swim' out after 10mins of labour, she said no pain.. so amazing!! :)

I heard some say first bb very painful and tend to arrive earlier than EDD..wat u do think?

lekdao

LOL!!..wow lekdao..abit drama but i think its normal to react to the pain,lol.. one of my friend told me she was screaming and crying aloud at the labour room..the nurse have to calm her down and the other one told me her baby just 'swim' out after 10mins of labour, she said no pain.. so amazing!! :)

I heard some say first bb very painful and tend to arrive earlier than EDD..wat u do think?

I deliver both baby at 39 weeks plus. I think depends on individual lah, my sister her cervic opened when she is 20 weeks plus, so gynae gotta stitch to prevent premature baby. i got friend her family seem to hv overdue history, most of them deliver at 40 weeks plus for their 1st baby.

I totally felt nth at all! No pains no nth!! Edd was on 9th, so my family got worried so on 9th noon, I went down had my lunch, ate ice jelly I rmb! Cos after that 1 mth no cold food Ma! Hahaha. Went down kkh at 130pm, was dilated 3cm!! Doc say contractiions very regular but I wasn't feeling anything, admitted to general ward at 3pm, started bleeding at 4plud, started feeling the pain, like menses cramp or stomach cramP every 10mins, the pain got
More intense at 10plus pm, sent down to labour ward, water bag burst at 4cm!! Was ao damnPain!!! Bear till 5cm hubby rush down and tool epidural, 1230 8cm dilated, 0456 give Birth to her, the pain was intense for me, maybe cos I didn't know how contractions feel like at all, no mentally prepared for the labour pain! Hahaha

mommysnake

Its very interesting to hear your stories, mommies..:)
I have alot of respect to all the amazing & wonderful mommies..Yeah! *salute* :red:

pearl87

Hi there. There are actually several signs of labor. When you are already there, you will get to experience more intense Braxton Hicks contractions and a feeling of "nesting instinct". Once you've very near, you will also experience vaginal bleeding.