Singapore baby and child clinic (SBCC)

apollo

my BB is also going to see the PD from SBCC at TMC when he's born... heard tt the PDs there not bad but the waiting time v long...

mum2rben

my boy was seeing the PD at tmc too... many ppl tells me the PD is good...
but i find him simply too busy... like have no time for my boy... being a first time mum, i was a bit disappointed cos he did not tell you much (maybe assumed that you know) and didnt brief me on how to take care of my baby... not sure if he knew my boy wasnt drinking any milk while in hospital as i couldnt letdown at all... i had to ask the nurse to give my boy formula as he was so hungry and noisy at that times.... the PD for my wardmate (while in the hospital ward) gave her a detailed briefing on what to take note after bringing the baby home...

Mine seen Dr Ong at SBCC @ tmc when 6 days old for jaundice

Find that waiting time too long, cus that time only 6 days old, so only need to wait for 2-3 people den our turn.

Otherwise, within the waiting area, there's like 10 kiddos lor.
And without appt, waiting time expected to be 3 hrs..

and, bill kinda expensive la i find. cus of the consultation fees

shaynamommy

I have tried various PDs for my 5 yo dd until I chanced upon a PD when she was admitted into hospital 2 yrs ago. I didn't have any preferred PD and the hospital sent Dr Lim KH from Kinderclinic to see my dd and they hit it off really well. She always look forward to seeing him and absolutely adores him (cos he spends a lot of time talking and playing with her). Now he is seeing my newborn son as well and takes the pain to teach us a lot of things that we are not aware (like how to calm him down when he is wailing, how to coax him into poo-ing etc). I dun mind waiting for him cos he does spend quality time with us. Also, like him cos he does not over-use medications. I scared of those PD that prescribe a lot of med at one go. very effective but I dun think it is good for the child.

apollo

i just brought my newborn BB for check up this morning... they say newborn can see the PD 1st but we still wait for ard 30min... the staffs there (TMC outlet) are quite frenly and will explain our enquiries patiently, we asked alot cos we're 1st time parents..

BB is seeing Dr Ong, both hubby n me find him quite good. though the waiting time is long (30min) but whenever I asked him sth, he'll explain clearly. I only asked can newborn drink water, he not only ans my qns and also explain very clearly to me WHY they cant drink water and wat's the consequences of drinking too much water...

redjn

I have been seeing this PD - Dr. Ho Chin Seng. What I like about is his operating hours. In term of service he is good as for charges so far so good is acceptable to me, frankly speaking, he may look abit ~~~ wordless to discribe can u imagine my mum give him a nickname "流氓医" but she still finds he is gd. Well at least after comparing him to other PD i had seen. thou' his clinic is far away fm my place (i live in Clementi area) but still I am willing to make the trip.

Australia Clinic (Tel : 6452 1205)

Address : 225, Upper Thomson Rd, Singapore, 574357

Operating hour :
Weekday : 9 am – 12.30 pm , 2 – 4.30 pm , 7 – 8.30 pm
Wednesday : 9 am – 12.30 pm , 7 – 8.30 pm
Weekend & Public Holiday : 9 am – 12.30 pm

SunShine07

have seen him before, not bad though.

Dr ong will explain everything to us. Hmmm, very patient and details. But the fee is super expensive loh...

now happen to see another good doctor around my neighourhood. waiting time also very long. but he is very good doctor, very similiar like dr ong. not expensive. less then $50:D

apollo

have seen him before, not bad though.

Dr ong will explain everything to us. Hmmm, very patient and details. But the fee is super expensive loh...

now happen to see another good doctor around my neighourhood. waiting time also very long. but he is very good doctor, very similiar like dr ong. not expensive. less then $50:D
also a PD?? where?? less den $50 include the consultation n everything??

ya doc ong's fee is ex.. tt's y we decide to bring bb to polyclinic for future injections.. chose doc ong tt time cos bb just born and shd nd a good PD to give him a thorough check.. hehe

SunShine07

also a pediatrician?? where?? less then $50 include the consultation and everything??

ya doc ong's fee is ex.. that's why we decide to bring baby to polyclinic for future injections.. chose doc ong that time cos baby just born and should need a good pediatrician to give him a thorough check.. hehe
Nope, Gp, but a lot of baby also go there. For me, i also go to polyclinic for all the necessary injections. only when my son is sick then go to him.

Ever go to other Pediatrician, but always need to go back the 2nd second. But this doctor, see once is enough. and fever gone down immeidiate after giving him a dose or 2 only

YES thumbs up for SBCC Dr Ong! very patience & detailed dr.
my 2 girls are under him too.
but hes always very busy. theres was once on a sunday, my girl fell off the trolley, i went back to TMC. On call Dr ong to come back to hospital but he didnt ans hospital staff's call. was abit disapointed but well i guess popular dr are always bz. ended up on call another paediatrician from TMC but i didnt really like him & had to pay ard $250+!!!!

ahpei

Anyone goes there? Any comments?
I go to SBCC in AMK centre, and my kids are under Dr Koh. I find Dr Koh very good, and he would explain stuff in details, and he will tell what to expect in the next few days, how many more days the fever will go down .... etc etc...

he really good ah!:Dancing_tongue:

vks

I need to provide some feedback on the attitude and behaviour of SBCC clinic at Ang Mo Kio. Recently I visited there to see the doctor but I was disappointed with the approach of the staff at the reception. They were not able to pronounce some baby names properly which indicates their inefficiency, and were making fun of it. They kept of laughing for long time which clearly shows the unprofessional attitude. I think proper training should be given to such staff before they are put on duty.

tez

My reply came abit late. For parents searching for PDs, do try out my mobile app PdGoWhere to search and locate available paediatricians. Full disclosure: App development is purely a hobby and the app is free and not for profit!

Do search for PdGoWhere in the app stores.