Singapore Thong Chai Medical (Tong Ji)

lawla12

wow thanks for the details :001_302:
Think will visit during mid apr when i on leave..but like what you say have to c her every week i also cant take leave..
did you bring along your previous test report?
there's a few sinseh there..is the sinseh you c nice? sorry i never visit sinseh since adulthood haha

my friend just started ivf n says that e injection is painful...i really dont have e courage to try n accept if failed...sigh

ooh..juz realise i din ans all ur Q...LOL~

yes yes...i brought all my reports (including my hubby's sperm count etc) to let the sinseh see including my temperature chart....u zap extra 1 set for her to keep ya......

i'll see her twice a mth only...cant afford to take leave evy week lohhhh.....each time i will take 1/2day yaaa...need to save my leave~

You start your ivf aldready? I still thinking whether to postpone the counselling session in may... do you need to take alot of leave for ivf?
not yet....i took IUI twice yaaaa.....the process for injections etc is the same as IVF (but IVF the dosage is higher cos the aim is to produce as many eggs as possible so tat the gynae can haf more to choose from).......

the diff between IUI n IVF is the extraction of the eggs yaaaa.......the procedure where they placed back the eggs (after they fertilised) is the same as IUI (where they inject the sperms inside)....

actually really depends on individual for the leave part......on the actual day where u need to go into the ops room to extract out the eggs, definitely u will to take 1 day leave........the day where u insert back the fertilised eggs, u will need to take 1 day leave too..........

can u take MC from gynae???? definitely the gynae will issue u wif MC.....juz tat i dun wan my coy esp my IDIOT KAYPO boss to know esp when the MC is from gynae, my idiot boss will ask n ask n ask n ask non-stop......tats y i intend to take my leave instead of going through "interrogation" from my idiot boss......moreover, my coy dun recognise preggie-related issue MC, so HR will oso reject my MC.......

the nature of my job is stress n i always kana :9898: from boss...she lob to last min gif me "stunt"...ask me to do tis n tat at 5.30pm..then expects the report at 9am next day on her desk.......tats y i intend to stay at home during the implanation period....understand from the nurse tat implanation takes place abt 1week after the day they insert back the fertilised eggs.........so i intend to take 1 week leave to rest at home esp when i've spent so much $$ on IVF, i would prefer to maximise my chance of conceiving.......

its really up to individual yaaaaa.......me abit kiasu....kekekekee~

ewe

haha thanks for answering my questionssss..:001_302:
did u request a copy of ur medical report fm kkh n pay $80+ n how long it takes for u to received? cos i chk w kkh they say takes abt a mth...
if tats the case i cant c sinseh mid apr when i on leave le...

my leave only left 7 days lor...hw to go for ivf :tlaugh:unless i request for unpaid leave or work every sat instead of alt..
my boss is male n single lor..dun think he understand...sure face black black one..

allycat

did u request a copy of ur medical report fm kkh n pay $80+ n how long it takes for u to received? cos i chk w kkh they say takes abt a mth...
if tats the case i cant c sinseh mid apr when i on leave le...

my leave only left 7 days lor...hw to go for ivf :tlaugh:unless i request for unpaid leave or work every sat instead of alt..
my boss is male n single lor..dun think he understand...sure face black black one..
wow sis, its ony 1 Apr and your annual leave balance is 7??

lawla12

did you request a copy of your medical report fm Kandang Kerbau Hospital n pay $80+ n how long it takes for you to received? cos i chk w Kandang Kerbau Hospital they say takes about a month...
if tats the case i cant c sinseh mid apr when i on leave ...

my leave only left 7 days ...hw to go for ivf :tlaugh:unless i request for unpaid leave or work every sat instead of alt..
my boss is male n single ..dont think he understand...sure face black black one..

ur coy can recognise hospitalisation MC??????

ermm, not sure if KKH will b very strict or not..........mine is private deee, they can gif hospitalisation MC instead of normal MC......BUT, the MC is still from gynae n my coy is VERY sensitive abt it.....

Shashan

did you all watch the charity show @ chnl 8??

Mark Lee went there to see the sinseh there after trying for 8years but no luck...his wife see the sinseh for less than a year, she strike liaooo...

another case the woman had miscarriage twice within a year, also went Tong Ji...she see the sinseh for 5mths, she strike twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i called them up...its walk in registration....they open at 8.30am, but registration starts 7.30am....the person told me usually there's A LONG LONG Q...so its better to come early.....

i asked the person if its free (cos this traditional chinese medicine, give free med, consultation etc)...he said yes, usually the patients will give a small donation for their services......i asked again izzi the same for fernity related issue, he said yes (i really dont know real or not cos he dont speak english, i mix mix abit of chinese n english...i dont know how to say fernity in chinese...LOL~)....

this is their website yaaa

Welcome to Thong Chai Medical Institution

any1 here is currently seeing tis traditional chinese medicine??? can give any advise???

Hi, everybody. i'm new here. just went to see Dr. Tan in thong ji. Not sure is it due to too many patients or she's famous now due to the charity show, feel that her attitude not very good..... feel a bit dissapointed. and it iwas indeed a very long queue. i tried my luck and went there on tues. reach at about 10am to get Q no, and the no is for afternoon section and morning one already run out of no. felt a bit dissapointed too because i thought she will go by Q no, but she told me that she'll have to clear all the follow up patients first, then will be first timers turn... waited till about 2.30pm then i get to see her. But no prescription and didn't talk much too, can see that she in a rush. only request me to bring all my medical report and do basal temperature check, go back to see her when next menses due...:nah:
As TCM at other place for infertility very expensive, thus i have no choice but may have to go back to her again.

lawla12

Hi, everybody. i'm new here. just went to see Dr. Tan in thong ji. Not sure is it due to too many patients or she's famous now due to the charity show, feel that her attitude not very good..... feel a bit dissapointed. and it iwas indeed a very long queue. i tried my luck and went there on tues. reach at about 10am to get Q no, and the no is for afternoon section and morning one already run out of no. felt a bit dissapointed too because i thought she will go by Q no, but she told me that she'll have to clear all the follow up patients first, then will be first timers turn... waited till about 2.30pm then i get to see her. But no prescription and didn't talk much too, can see that she in a rush. only request me to bring all my medical report and do basal temperature check, go back to see her when next menses due...:nah:
As traditional chinese medicine at other place for infertility very expensive, thus i have no choice but may have to go back to her again.

oohh...i did mention above tat u shd go at 7.30am to register 1st......then ur waiting time wont b so long........

when i went there, it was already day 30 of my AF cycle....so ovulation over, waiting for the next AF to come....there's noting much she can do too....she gave me med to brew for 4 days, to b consumed on the 1st day of my new AF cycle...she said after AF is clean, go n see her again........she oso ask me to plot the temperature chart for my new AF cycle.......

shashan, maybe gif her some more time....yes, she's really famous now....she's super busy too, she was invited to gif talks as well......maybe cos we'r new to her, duno "her pattern" yet.......

heibee

As traditional chinese medicine at other place for infertility very expensive, thus i have no choice but may have to go back to her again.

Hi Shashan :)

The lady who strike twins on the tong ji charity show is a very close friend of mine. She encouraged me to go see her physician Chen Qiu Mei at Tong Ji after my miscarriage in Dec 2008.

Initially I also find that Physician Chen Qiu Mei a woman of few words and don't really smile a lot. As time passes, i realised she is a very nice lady afterall. She is the type that 'you need to ask her questions then she will tell you' cos she does not want to pressure you with her questions and stuff as stress is not good thing to a trying to conceive mummy. She is already seeing a lot of patients before the tong ji charity show :)

You are actually very late to go down at 10 plus for Q no. Because starting from oct/nov last year, she told me that the Tong ji management actually rationed the no of patients she sees every morning. I think the reason is so that other kinds of patients can also be see her.
So in order to follow up with her pregnant /trying to get pregnant patients closely, she has told all her patients(including me) to come as early as 7plus to get a Q no so that she can definitely see us and she wants to follow up closely with our cases.

I painstakingly woke up early and took a cab down to get a Q no at 7 plus every single week. I have seen her for 6 mths and taken her prescription for 6 months before i got pregnant. Every time after seeing her i will tell her i just need the prescription. So i will take the prescription and went to other chinese medicine hall to get the herbs as this saves a lot of my waiting time.
As i do not like chinese herbs, every time i was on the verge of crying when i took them but i still hang in there until i got pregnant. I am currently 9 months pregnant and very thankful to her and God.

So press on and Jia you. I am sure all your hardwork (taking temperature the first thing u wake up every morning, going to see physician chen and taking her prescription) will be well rewarded with a cute and healthy baby soon! :)

God bless you
heibee :)

Mummies,

I have been going to Thong Ji on and off for a year. My Doctor is Lu Jing Yan. I go at lunch time. After taking the electronic queue number, I go straight up to the counter. Women going for the fertility queue no need to wait. They will give me another number to go up to level 4. After seeing the doctor, I will just take the 'yao dan' and then cross the road to buy the med fr the medical hall. But for me, I am asked not to take the herbs whilst menses is here. I am asked to take my temp every day as well. Thing is, I don't know how accurate the temp taking is cos I wake up at different times every day.

Shashan

Hi, heibee. Thanks for your advice. I've actually seeing a prof at changi zhong hua hospital now.
I know that DR chen from tong ji is good, but another problem is the queue is really killing people. When I got there at 10am, I still manage to get queue no for afternoon section as they only start giving no at 10am for afternoon section.
The zhong hua hospital Dr tang xue Mei, is also one of the expert in infertility in Nanjing, as I intend to do another ivf, and she's one of the phycisian that familiar with the combination of ivf and Chinese herbal medicine, thus I'm quite confidence with her, waiting time is not long too, thus won't feel so tiring.
As for Dr chen, she has told me, if I'm going to do ivf, she won't prescribe medicine....

By the way, may I know what's your infertility problem? As mine is more complicated, I had premature aging ovaries, Dr chen maybe one of the expert in this problem, thus even if I would like to see her, will hav to wait till after I complete my ivf treatment

Mummy of twins

Hello, HeiBee told me about this thread. I am the one who appeared in the charity show with my twin girls. Chen Qiu Mei is a very good doctor. I encourage you to wait, Shan Shan. She is one doctor who will not see you unless she knows what is your problem. That means, u need to bring any scan pictures or report from your gynea, then she will start to prescribe med for u. She told me to hv patience... so i took chinese herbs faithfully. I had PCO and gynea told me I have either seldom or dun ovulate at all.. I was so discouraged. So i gave up on the western medicine and decided to jus go for TCM. I saw Chen Yi Shi all the way till I was 7 months preggy... aiyoh.. mine is a long story.. I will tell if u r interested. But u must go to her. Don't give up. See? Heibee also preggy, delivering next month. ;)

Shashan

Hello, HeiBee told me about this thread. I am the one who appeared in the charity show with my twin girls. Chen Qiu Mei is a very good doctor. I encourage you to wait, Shan Shan. She is one doctor who will not see you unless she knows what is your problem. That means, you need to bring any scan pictures or report from your gynea, then she will start to prescribe med for you. She told me to have patience... so i took chinese herbs faithfully. I had PCO and gynea told me I have either seldom or dont ovulate at all.. I was so discouraged. So i gave up on the western medicine and decided to just go for traditional chinese medicine. I saw Chen Yi Shi all the way till I was 7 months preggy... aiyoh.. mine is a long story.. I will tell if you r interested. But you must go to her. dont't give up. See? Heibee also preggy, delivering next month. ;)

Hi, mummy of twins. Before u see dr chen qiu Mei, did the western gynae advice u to try ivf? My problem not that easy, I got premature aging ovaries, means ovaries not in proper function, seems
older than my actual age, thus maybe not ovulate too. Dr chen already told me if western side said I can go for ivf, then I should try now, cause she said got one case she handle that have the same problem as me, the western doc said she's not eligible to do anymore. And if I start ivf, she won't give me prescription, so it seems that I'm not suppose to see her now...

But I'll go and see her one more time after I got my medical report, and see what she say next time

Last edited:

AWEN

Hi All,

I’m from Malaysia.... i hv some queries on thong chai … I saw one of their Pre-requisite for treatment - Primary infertility patients should have stopped using contracceptives for two years while secondary patients who have previously experienced childbirth, should also have stopped using contraceptives for two years already. But for me just around 1 yr and 4 mth only. Can I gt visit the doc and doc willing to c me? Who shld I need to ask to? This time I will ask my relative at spore to bring me there , if went there cant c doc will waste my relative ‘s time and pai seh to her….

Shld I need to wait for my next period clean just gt c doc or anytime is ok. My next period shld be this week and I planned for this fri go and c doc… pls advice me how shld I do ?

Thanks a lot

lawla12

I painstakingly woke up early and took a cab down to get a Q no at 7 plus every single week. I have seen her for 6 mths and taken her prescription for 6 months before i got pregnant. Every time after seeing her i will tell her i just need the prescription. So i will take the prescription and went to other chinese medicine hall to get the herbs as this saves a lot of my waiting time.
As i do not like chinese herbs, every time i was on the verge of crying when i took them but i still hang in there until i got pregnant. I am currently 9 months pregnant and very thankful to her and God.

hi heibee...understand tat u've seen Dr chen qiu mei for 6mths....can i check if the med she prescribe is the same for each cycle??

i'm seen her 3times...the med she gave me

-to take day 1 to 4 of my AF (she say its to "clean" up the lumps of blood n to make my blood flow better)

-after my AF is clean (take 4times a week for 2weeks)...tis is to make my egg grow bigger)

-2weeks later i returned to visit her, she gave me another med (4times a week for 2weeks), tis is to make me release my egg (meaning help to ovulate)...then she ask me to ML on alternate days.......i will need to see her in 2weeks time.....

did u check for each stage of our AF, the med is the same for previous mths etc????????

i've been taking 1/2day leave continuously on alternate week...scare my mgr will ask me y i keep taking leave.......was hoping tat the med will b the same for each stage so tat i can skip 1 session (meaning instead of visiting her evy 2 weeks, i can visit her 3weeks instead, at least its not tat routine so my mgr wont suspect much)......

lawla12

Hi All,

I’m from Malaysia.... i have some queries on thong chai … I saw one of their Pre-requisite for treatment - Primary infertility patients should have stopped using contracceptives for two years while secondary patients who have previously experienced childbirth, should also have stopped using contraceptives for two years already. But for me just around 1 yr and 4 month only. Can I gt visit the doc and doc willing to c me? Who shld I need to ask to? This time I will ask my relative at spore to bring me there , if went there cant c doc will waste my relative ‘s time and pai seh to her….

Shld I need to wait for my next period clean just gt c doc or anytime is ok. My next period shld be this week and I planned for this fri go and c doc… pls advice me how shld I do ?

Thanks a lot

ermm.....i've been to Thong Ji 3times only....

the 1st time i visited the sinseh, the receptionist ask me a list of Q like
-how long haf u been married (if i rem correctly, u've to b married for 2years n above, then the sinseh will see u)....
-whether did u eat those "help u to ovulate pills" for the past 1yr/few mths (i cant rem the exact duration)
-whether i've baby or miscarriage b4

i cant rem all the questions ya.....i suggest u call them up (u can find their no on their website)...if not u go all the way there, then u cant see the doc, it will b a waste of time....

the 1st time i went, my AF is oso abt to due soon......she gave me the med to b taken when my AF is here...i've to ask her for it cos she told me to see her when my AF is here but i cant "foresee" if my leave is approve or not....so she gave me the med ya.....for ur case since u need to travel a long distance to see her, i tink u shd tell her...at least she can understand ya....try asking her for the med to eat when ur AF is here......

Jonjonbear

Hi, mummy of twins. Before you see dr chen qiu Mei, did the western gynae advice you to try ivf? My problem not that easy, I got premature aging ovaries, means ovaries not in proper function, seems
older than my actual age, thus maybe not ovulate too. Dr chen already told me if western side said I can go for ivf, then I should try now, cause she said got one case she handle that have the same problem as me, the western doc said she's not eligible to do anymore. And if I start ivf, she won't give me prescription, so it seems that I'm not suppose to see her now...

But I'll go and see her one more time after I got my medical report, and see what she say next time

hi everyone, im new here, 'duo duo zhi jiao' yo!!

well, i have the same pro with Shashan- aging ovaries. I started to go to tong ji in apr till now, and seeing Doc Chen Chiu Lan. In fact, i just went this morning too...

GOOD LUCK everyone....

Dreamy20

Dear all,

i heard abt tong ji and was linked to here through my "researching"
i just married for half yr and keen to start planning for baby.
as my body been weak since young, i hope to start nourish my body to prepare for baby.
i seen from here that you ladies mentioned something about getting ready reports first before seeing the physican?
can you advise me wat types of reports are these?
really appreciate your help :shyxxx:

hi....can anybody tell me whether the physicians in the fertility dept in tong ji know how to speak english? and also does the hubby need to be there each time or juz for the very 1st appt?

tks.

Jonjonbear

hi....can anybody tell me whether the physicians in the fertility dept in tong ji know how to speak english? and also does the hubby need to be there each time or just for the very 1st appt?

thanks.

Hi there, yes i think they can speak english, coz i saw malay n indian lady when there as well, and they chat in english. Hubby need to be there for the 1st time, coz they want to know wats the problem that cant conceive, coz sometime might be the hubby's problem. you need to bring your report from gynea to Tong Ji too (if have). Oh ya, remember to register both you n hubby, coz if is your hubby's prob, then they can prescribe rite away. Good luck loh...... :Dancing_wub:

Hi there, yes i think they can speak english, coz i saw malay n indian lady when there as well, and they chat in english. Hubby need to be there for the 1st time, coz they want to know wats the problem that cant conceive, coz sometime might be the hubby's problem. you need to bring your report from gynea to Tong Ji too (if have). Oh ya, remember to register both you n hubby, coz if is your hubby's prob, then they can prescribe rite away. Good luck loh...... :Dancing_wub:
hi jonjonbear....tks for the reply....hope me n hubby can make a trip down soon....

Fiona73

Just want to say thank you to Thong Chai - Dr. Chen Qiu Mei -a lady will very few words. Went to her 7 yrs ago (recommended by KK gynae) before starting the IVF cycle. After 6mths of follow up. I got preg 3 days before I collect my first injection kid for IVF. Although $$ already spend on IVF but luckily I din have to go through the actual injection. I am very greatful with all help and advice given by Dr Chen. And now without medication aid, I am expecting my No.2. Thank you Dr. Chen.

P/S: Chinese herb is getting more expensive now, if financially allow, can get our medication from other medical hall. This will help to reduce the cost of operation in Thong Chai. The free medicine is meant for the poor & needy.