Single-Breast Feeding and other questions

WinterSun

Hi all

My EDD is 3rd week of Sep 2011 and there's a few questions that I hope someone could help me with. =P

Due to some medical reasons, I had to remove my left nipple about 4 years back. Now that I'm pregnant, I'm determnied to BF my bb for as long as I can even when I come back to work. Will one breast's milk be sufficient for bb?

Also, I always hear people talk about massage and wrapping after giving birth. Is it a must? So that we can 'push' the womb back to its pre-pregnancy position? My mum told me not necessary to do so and I myself don't really want to as it'll mean additional $...

Thanks in advance! =]

Edwinie

i didn't massage or wrap. i find it a waste of money. it's a luxury, not a must. =)

it goes back to normal by itself (maybe it takes longer than if i wrap, i don't know!).

WinterSun

Thanks Edwinie for the reply.

I'd wanna use that $ for something else coz as it is it is not cheap to have a baby (but of coz comes with all the joy and experiences, one can not get from anything else) so if i can save on this I would. =P

Guess gotta do Kegel exercise too to strenghten it? =P

Edwinie

Thanks Edwinie for the reply.

I'd wanna use that $ for something else coz as it is it is not cheap to have a baby (but of coz comes with all the joy and experiences, one can not get from anything else) so if i can save on this I would. =P

Guess gotta do Kegel exercise too to strenghten it? =P
ya! lol!

they (the companies) say massage can push back the womb to it's original place. i don't believe leh.. i think it will go back to original place (maybe shift a little i don't know) by itself even if we don't do anything!!
and they say the tummy can become firmer.. i don't exercise but i realise that my tummy become firmer. yes, it takes a longer time, but it will eventually go back. if u exercise, then it will be faster!

it's definitely a luxury. so don't need to feel pressured to do it just because people do it. =)

engel

... And I've seen ppl going for the wrap but still 'flabby'.... :) proper intake of food(not dieting) and exercise should do the trick I guess...

Can't wait to pop and go back biking soon... Arghs...

Mummy to Baby V

1. Single breastfeeding: it's best to consult a professional lactation consultant because this is a rare situation. Personally, when my boy was a newborn, he usually fed on one side, for 30-45 minutes. On the next feed, I'd offer the other side. As he grew older, he needed 2 sides to be full. Of course, there are some mums with abundant milk. Or using a pump to stimulate after each feed for more production. Again, it's best to seek LC's advice.

2. I didn't do massage or wrap. My boy was very big for my petite size, so my abdominal muscles were overstretched. Physiotherapy will help.
Most mums I know don't have this problem.

Breastfeeding helps in getting back to shape rather quickly. Of course, provided the mummy doesn't overeat and gain too much weight during pregnancy.

Kegel is important, must do every day even during pregnancy, and after delivery, for as long as we live. With every subsequent child and older age, muscles will sag. Urinary incontinence, drooping womb, etc. are very common among our mums and even friends.

All the best! :)

WinterSun

Edwinie - Yes they will claim that it can do that but i guess it's up to individual's body also... some can pay alot but no results while others just go for a few and be done with it. Must be diligent and do exercise once we are up to it.

Engel - O now that you've mentioned it, i think i know of some who does have the wrap but not much is happening... Maybe on the inside but the tummy is still quite flabby... Mine is not that flat to begin with so as long as the womb goes back to original position and my tummy goes back to pre-preggers i'll be happy... hahahaha~

Mummy to Baby very - Yes i should perhaps write to a professional and also ask my gynae if he can help. And also again, it really depends on individual mum and baby. Can't wait. =P I guess as they grow older they'll need to be fed more so i will have to wait till the time comes to know if i'll have enough supply for my girl. =] O, there's physiotherapy for it? Didn't know that! =) Must be very determined to BF as much as i can and of coz do exercise when i'm ready. And doing Kegel as and when i remember... haa~

Thank you all so much for the reply and encouraging words! =)

lingx

hi may i ask something embarrassing?? do you guys fart and burp a lot? i feel like an orge while doing so. hahahahah its funny actually, but gross to some.

engel

Burped more since 4th mth into pregnancy... Gets irritating since have to keep excusing myself..:/

no excessive farting though...:)

Mummy to Baby V

I burped in first trimester and was rather bloated. Counter it by avoiding rice (including Hor fun, bee Hoon, etc made of rice) and potatoes. Noodles made of wheat are less gassy. And no onions too.