single dad needs advise

Triple

Alpha Male
Hi Decipher,
Alr tried that method but she is not interested.
I also offer to treat her friends for lunch & movie but was also turn down by her.

Creeni,
U could be rite. However, I talk to her almost everyday just before bed time n also explain to her y I do certain things. But when it comes to using her phone, she will just ignore me and stay glued to it. What could be on a young girls mind at her age ?
Think she is in that phase of being rebellious. nothing unusual about it.
Perhaps try not to father her, but be like her buddy.
for example. dun use phrases like "that's not a nice thing to do" .. but instead approach her as ".. eh.. unglam leh.."

Decipher

Alpha Male
Think she is in that phase of being rebellious. nothing unusual about it.
Perhaps try not to father her, but be like her buddy.
for example. dun use phrases like "that's not a nice thing to do" .. but instead approach her as ".. eh.. unglam leh.."
Wrong choice of words friend... 'Father someone' means getting the person pregnant..
'Don't be like a Father to her'

Case sensitive in this sub forum =D

I'll like to thank everyone for sharing esp flowerii
Thank you for taking time to share. Now I have a better idea of what to do.

yukisy

kids of that age wants privacy / identity
rules and instructions dont work at all
sometimes, we got to think back, in the first place, is giving her a hp necessary?
well, you may say that is for easy contact, track her whereabouts, in case of emergency etc but remember our time when we were young, we had no hp at all?
these issues will not arise.
since something is given to her, is hers and you cannot take it back or try to control over her usage

what i suggest is, since she is still studying, and have no means of income, part of her allowance goes to pay the hp bill. make her realise that she also play a part in paying the bills.
if she is just using the hp to surf facebook, instagram, doing group chat with her friends, then is not necessary to have a hp
tell her the importance of having the hp, example: for emergency contact etc
give her a non smart phone, not access to wifi even at home, a plan without data
sooner or later, when she realise that there's is nothing fun using the hp, she might drop the idea to have one

reasoning wouldnt work, or if u dont finish your homework, i dont give you your hp. this sounds more like a threat then an advice.
hope it helps