single mother need help to rent a flat from HDB

Mikigoh

Hi Mikigoh, my salary is more than $2k. i also wish to buy a 2-3rooms flat but having many barriers that stop me buy. Believe the letter from my parents affect me the most? sigh...
The new HDB news on single unmarried parent can buy a 2-room flat from HDB. You might want to check with them is there is a cap for age. If not age limit, you can apply for the loan. As the govt has said, they will provide every citizen to have a house of their own.

ltz

thanks Mikigoh! :) i will keep on trying to get a place to stay for me and my son. thanks for all the info shared.

shersy

I'm having the some issues now also. 25 this yr.. single mother to be in April. No place to stay now as my dad has chased me out of the house and relatives are not helping either. Anyone can provide any info on how single mom manage to rent a 1 room flat from HDB?

Amy Gan

dear mummies... i was reading this thread and i'm not sure if y'all know about the Government's support in the recent years that, regardless of marital status, you can get a grant amount and there will be a subsidized rental fee for 2, 3 and 4-room flat :) rental is also available but subsidies is only for 1 or 2-room flats. really hoping that the Government will do more for single parents...!

oh if you guys are curious, the place that i got news on the Government's work for single parents is from here! womensweekly.com.sg/gallery/family/parenting/single-parents-support-in-singapore/ its 2022... but i think is pretty relevant still :)