single mother need help to rent a flat from HDB

mspinkpooh

As far from what I know when I enquire HDB , only married or divorcee can apply house .
If single , need to be 35 & above to apply house .
Single below 35 years of age , doesn't matter with child or not , they don't approve applying house to rent .

tangbai

i agreed with gary.
i had similiar problem when i need to get a unit before age 35. MP is sucks! he actually replied to me to ask me to find a parnter, get marry to apply. what kind of solution was that from a MP?!?!?!? i gave up and turn my appeal to Mr Khaw, i was attended the next couple of days, and i got granted.

jean1986

I have the same problem. I already got deed of separation hdb reject me for rental say cannot cause pay more than $1500. I say aapply bto can. Since need 3yrs to build also cannot. Then now I renting open market it eats up 1/3 of my monthly pay!
Super inflexible hdb

Gary

Alpha Male
Jean1986, like i said, whatever u tell hdb, there is no way they can do anything..rules are there for them to follow... they got no right to overwrite the rules... but if u look for the minister and explain ur situation, at least he can understand and maybe he can help u..

yukisy

@Gary: yes, that's what i did also, i email directly to Mr Khaw
I also got my rental flat direct in less than 3 months! guess i was just plain lucky. now already staying for 1.5 years!

brokensmile

Email address.

May I know what is Mr khaw boon wan email address, I have one BIG complicated issue n I need to resolve it as soon as possible if not my 5 kids have no place to stay...... :(
Please PM me his email address.

yukisy

Re: Email address.

May I know what is Mr khaw boon want email address, I have one BIG complicated issue n I need to resolve it as soon as possible if not my 5 kids have no place to stay...... :(
Please PM me his email address.
I think u can goggle for his email
just type his name and search

ltz

@Gary: yes, that's what i did also, i email directly to Mr Khaw
I also got my rental flat direct in less than 3 months! guess i was just plain lucky. now already staying for 1.5 years!
Hi Yukiy, May i know what did you write to Mr Khaw? i also having problem with family members and worse part is they insist i have to stay with them which is driving me CRAZY. i have approached MP mr khaw boon wan, but keep getting reject letter. and recently i found out the parents of mine went to find him too.. TELL HIM DUN ENTERTAIN MY REQUEST AS I HAVE NO ABILITY TO TAKE CARE MY SON!! WHAT IS THIS? and this letter was sent to HDB.

telling around ppl in neighborhood i get spell from outside and dun listen to them, END UP... i found out they are the one who add spell to me and my son. own parents adding such things... i have checked around. the spell is to listen to them. they treat me like what?? DOG? pls do share with me and help me get out of the hell. Ur help is deeply appreicated .

yukisy

hi
I think first of all don't be so superstition
if u say u can provide for your son, have some concrete proof
example u work a job at least 12 months continuing, latest 15 months cpf transaction and contribute history
stable income
reasonable savings to provide for monthly expenses and emergency
do u received maintenance.?
do u keep a monthly detailed expenses record?
r u able to make time n plan to take care of him?
think of all these first before u even think of living totally alone with your son
all these questions hdb will also ask u

ltz

I just started last as part timer. Until the beginning of this year I have sign as permanent staff. I din keep monthly expense but I dun have any debts. I'm working from 9-6 and by the time I fetch him from child care is around 7pm or sometimes earlier. Only I'm the one who send and fetch him. After sch will bring him out for dinner and we will be back and I will teach him some worda。will that be enough?

yukisy

I think whether u have any debt or not government can easily check through credit beurue
is best to keep a monthly expenses record, a separate bank account for proper regular savings.
thats what I did
spending time is one thing, whether u r able to provide the monthly spending and doing regular savings is another thing
whether u r confidence enough to buy the flat after 2 year of renting from hdb
whether u have sufficient funds to buy and repay the monthly housing loan etc
on top of that, monthly utilities, scc, households expenses, child & self expenses, r u able to manage with your current and future salary?
rental from hdb direct max income only s1, 500. are u prepared to sacrifice a pay cut for the next 2 years just to get the rental from hdb?
how old r u now? and your son?
every year expenses will increase and salary may not.
have u think of all these?
I think maybe your parents feel that with your current situation u r unable to handle your son and yourself totally on your own, that's y ask u to stay with them, at least someone to keep a look out.
my actual situation is different
my elder brother married a foreign bride, plus that time she going to give birth, need my parents help, I have no choice but to come out and stay on my own.just sharing my experience with u, hope u can think careful before letting anger into your head and make wrong decision

ltz

I think whether you haveis 3 years oldany debt or not government can easily check through credit beurue
is best to keep a monthly expenses record, a separate bank account for proper regular savings.
thats what I did
spending time is one thing, whether you r able to provide the monthly spending and doing regular savings is another thing
whether you r confidence enough to buy the flat after 2 year of renting from hdb
whether you have sufficient funds to buy and repay the monthly housing loan etc
on top of that, monthly utilities, scc, households expenses, child & self expenses, r you able to manage with your current and future salary?
rental from hdb direct max income only s1, 500. are you prepared to sacrifice a pay cut for the next 2 years just to get the rental from hdb?
how old r you now? and your son?
every year expenses will increase and salary may not.
have you think of all these?
I think maybe your parents feel that with your current situation you r unable to handle your son and yourself totally on your own, that's y ask you to stay with them, at least someone to keep a look out.
my actual situation is different
my elder brother married a foreign bride, plus that time she going to give birth, need my parents help, I have no choice but to come out and stay on my own.just sharing my experience with you, hope you can think careful before letting anger into your head and make wrong decision
Im already 29 years old and my son 3 years old. I think Im old enough to be indenpend and take care of my son. Continue staying just driving me more crazy. Maybe our situation is diff but being look down by own family members the feeling really bad. I can just say u are t b e few lucky ones not facing this

yukisy

As u said, u r only 29, son only 3 yo. R u sure u can be independent totally? Im not looking down on your capabilities
u also mentioned u just work full time and u never keep a monthly record of expense and saving
May i suggests u to start doing this record keeping for at least 6 months at least till feb next year, and see the difference
My only brother which i mentioned earlier and his foreign wife despite me. Also look down on me. My mother also the same.
it took me a while to prove to them im useful in a way. Meaning to say i can solely survived on my own without their financial help for the past 1.5 years
the more u dwell on all things negative things the more u lost focused on important things like building a more stable future for yourself and your son.
u should work full time and save at least $300 a month so that when time comes your son in p1, u have enough money to substain. When kids in pri sch is a total different situation
my gal is in p2, so i know working and taking care full time is very draining. Now u stay with family u don't sense it yet. Make the best out of your situation if u can

yukisy

Every one in such a society like ours or anywhere being single parents will also be look down or despite of. Is we ourselves want to make the best for our kids.
i think if u can buy a bto or balance flats from hdb rather than rent direct from hdb. Not everyone is prepared for a pay cut just to get the rental flat from hdb direct. Ultimately after 2 years hdn will still want u to buy your own flat. Be calm and cool down and think carefully before u make the next decision
cos if u cannot handle and have to go back to your family say after a few months they more they will look down on u. If u succeeded and ultimately buy your own flat they will have nothing to say. Then that is real capabilities

ltz

Thank u yukisy for ur advice. Im working full time now and I saving more than $300 a mth. I have been trying to apply but becos of the letter they request to stop me. Im facing kind of diff

yukisy

no problem. most important must hv a job n regular savings, what letter is that? if u can afford to buy, I dont see the reason y hdb will reject your application

maybe u go to your mp first? but like I said, before u take action be prepared first with all the questions I asked u and get ready all the supporting documents I told u to prepared
and if they ask u y u want to buy, just tell them is for future security
do u have any siblings?

ltz

Like I said, my parents went to find khaw boon wan and requested him to issue a letter to other mp and hdb to stop entertaining my request. Happen that I saw the letter. have slibling but they have their own house

yukisy

No such things. U can appeal. Just say even though have parents house to stay but future if parents cannot afford to pay will sell but u worried hdb will take back if cannot continued to finance parent house. Say worst situation like siblings rivalry like parents passed away in future will want to sell n split profit etc. By then u will be like too old to get maximum housing loan etc. U got to go personally to hdb or even see your mp to appeal and to revoke that letter. I think u can go after u have a record of what i told u earlier

Mikigoh

Itz, don't mind if I ask, how much are u earning per month? Since u r already 29 yrs old I believe u should have enough cpf. U can consider owning a new flat rather renting it.

ltz

Hi Mikigoh, my salary is more than $2k. i oso wish to buy a 2-3rooms flat but having many barriers that stop me buy. Believe the letter from my parents affect me the most? haiz...