Single mum to be

chloec

Hi all,
I'm new here and I needs some help. I am unwed single mum to be (preg at 36weeks). There are few questions that I needs answer.
1) Any single mum got baby bonus? I heard and read online that single parent is not eligible for baby bonus. But i also heard that some get it.
2) Is there any procedure I need to do after birth? eg. custody, child legitimate under me, etc.

My friends are more concern for me so they will throw alot more questions for me. I don't really know what to do. Some ask me to find MCYS so that they can help with my situation. But i don't really know how to start with. When i do more on the research I feel more lost.

Thank you all for helping me.

Mum of 3

hi

Hi I was a single mum when I gave birth to my son. There is no baby bonus given. Until I got married and I was given CDA account which is only $400. I knew its tough but trust me you will feel everything is worth it. My son is now 8 years old. :)

Ambb

Hi, any single mom-to-be around interested to form chat/meetup group for chat, support and company?

Donna1972

Hi I'm also a new single mum .. Going through divorce.
please go to near your place family service centre. Every resident will have at least one. They are a connection to MSF.
Also call AWARE .. They can channel you in the right direction.

The AWARE Helpline is open Monday to Friday from 3pm to 9.30pm.

Call 1800 774 5935 to speak to a Helpliner if you have a problem or want to find out more about our services.

Agree with Donna 1972. Go to a family service centre and see what they can help you with. I'm also a single mum, currently still going through divorce. Honestly, it is not easy to be a single mother..especially if your ex is not supporting at all. But no matter what, im sure the mummies here will always be around to give anyone positive moral support. Jiayou!