single parent support group

willows

Hi all,

I am new to this forum.

I am a struggling mum of a 15 months old tot. I am struggling on wether to leave my hub or not. It is really a pain and difficult decision.

My hub had an affair and they had a love child. But when I ask my hub to choose between us, he kept saying that he want to stay with this family. I think it is probably due to the pressure that my in-laws enforce on him, hence he dare not leave us.

But so far he has never ill treat us. But I just can't let go of his past. He said that he has stop seeing his affair, but I don't believe in him. I suspect that he is still seeing her during the day although he came home everynight.

Acutually I would like to leave this marriage, but my biggest worry is my 15 months tot. Financially I should have no problem in bringing her up but just worried about her moral education. Worried that she will ask "Where is daddy?", "Why other people have Daddy? and I don't have?"

like to know how all single parents here tackle such issue? I just doesn't want to hurt my lovely tot.

Feel so heartache.

shi_san_yee

Hi all,

I am new to this forum.

I am a struggling mum of a 15 months old tot. I am struggling on wether to leave my hub or not. It is really a pain and difficult decision.

My hub had an affair and they had a love child. But when I ask my hub to choose between us, he kept saying that he want to stay with this family. I think it is probably due to the pressure that my in-laws enforce on him, hence he dare not leave us.

But so far he has never ill treat us. But I just can't let go of his past. He said that he has stop seeing his affair, but I don't believe in him. I suspect that he is still seeing her during the day although he came home everynight.

Acutually I would like to leave this marriage, but my biggest worry is my 15 months tot. Financially I should have no problem in bringing her up but just worried about her moral education. Worried that she will ask "Where is daddy?", "Why other people have Daddy? and I don't have?"

like to know how all single parents here tackle such issue? I just doesn't want to hurt my lovely tot.

Feel so heartache.
I guess all the single parents have this common issue of addressing to our kids where te missing parent is; it's also a problem I'm tackling, wondering if I should let my son acknowledge his father. He's still very young so it is not yet an immediate issue. I guess if u want to leave the marriage then you have already got your answer. As for your child, she's already exposed daily to her father, so it's best to continue letting her see him, but if u choose not to, they will soon forget about him. No doubt the child will question about her father and compare themselves with other kids from complete homes. I've read that it is important not to bad mouth the missing parent, it only serves to warp their little minds of how fathers are, and that can bring insecurities in their future relationships. So I've decided to tell my son he has a father, but his father has left mummy, full stop. But my son has a very good grandpa and uncle who is his male figure.

Anyway if you do divorce your husband, he will definitely have visitation rights to your child, so, she will still get to see him unless her father decides to stop seeing her. In that case, she will knowshe has a father, she will get to see him and spend time together just that dad and mum don't live together. Explain that all families come in all shapes and sizes. I'm readin to my son about the little animal family that mum sticks around and dad goes away, almost forever.

Just my thought. 

mag_huiling

Hi all,

I am new to this forum.

Feel so heartache.
Just like what shisanyee said... if you decided to go separate ways with your husband, file for divorce, he will be granted visitation right.

As for the third party, have you really checked out whether is he still meeting her or just pure suspect? Maybe all these are just your thoughts and he really left the woman. Maybe you can check up on him before making a decision to split which might affect your child as well.

buttercup2

hi...I am also thinking of filing for divorce. Is there a support group who meet up regularly? I have a young daughter.
I wish I can talk to people who are in the same boat. Thanks.

mag_huiling

hi...I am also thinking of filing for divorce. Is there a support group who meet up regularly? I have a young daughter.
I wish I can talk to people who are in the same boat. Thanks.
Here you can find a number of us, some are unwed, some going thru separation, divorced, etc.... We're planning for a meet up soon. Do join us!

Heavenlina

Hi all,

Im new here in this forum...would like to know more single mums out there, may i know when is the meetup will be?

Thks,
Heavenlina