single parent support group

shi_san_yee

Hi all,

I need some additional information, can't seem to find elsewhere. My son's biological father wants to see my baby, I am still considering whether to allow him to because i am aware he can get visitation rights if he wants to fight.

1. What exactly are visitation rights? Does it mean he can take my boy out? Coz I'm afraid when I go to work, my mum allows him to take baby out, I will not allow, and will consider that kidnap.

2. If he secretly goes do a DNA test (not court ordered), and I find out about it, is there anything i can do?

3. He wanted me to abort, coz I called off the wedding last min (almost got married coz of baby), and told me no need to inform him anything abt baby thereafter, but now he wants to see my boy; don't know what his intentions are. Can he fight for equal custody even if we were never married, and just based that he is the biological father?

4. He agreed beforehand he does not want to have anything to do with baby since we broke up already. Now I'm terrified if he wants to take my baby go see his parents, grandparents, aunties, uncles, and these old people, see once sure want to see again and again and again. Is this EVER preventable?

5. I believe my son is considered 'illegitimate' since I'm a single unwed mum. What difference would it make if i wanna make him my 'legitimate' son? How to make him 'legitimate'?

Last edited:

Ting

Hi all,

I need some additional information, can't seem to find elsewhere. My son's biological father wants to see my baby, I am still considering whether to allow him to because i am aware he can get visitation rights if he wants to fight.

1. What exactly are visitation rights? Does it mean he can take my boy out? Coz I'm afraid when I go to work, my mum allows him to take baby out, I will not allow, and will consider that kidnap.

hmmm, this one im not very sure, cos IF your mum is the main caregiver, she also hv a "right" to give consent? maybe u wanna consider infant care? like that u can prevent him from seeing your baby also.

2. If he secretly goes do a DNA test (not court ordered), and I find out about it, is there anything i can do?
but he needs "samples" from your son (ie, hair, saliva). if he cant get them, then he cant do the DNA tests.. but he can still get it from your mother though.

3. He wanted me to abort, coz I called off the wedding last min (almost got married coz of baby), and told me no need to inform him anything about baby thereafter, but now he wants to see my boy; dont't know what his intentions are. Can he fight for equal custody even if we were never married, and just based that he is the biological father?
do u hv any evidence of him saying all these? abt asking u to abort, n not wanting to hv anything to do with baby? if u do, u can use it against him.
not sure if u can prevent him from seeing your son or not, but at least it helps u on your stand stronger.

4. He agreed beforehand he does not want to have anything to do with baby since we broke up already. Now I'm terrified if he wants to take my baby go see his parents, grandparents, aunties, uncles, and these old people, see once sure want to see again and again and again. Is this EVER preventable?

if he gets custody/visitation rights from the court, then sorry to say, he can bring your son to meet whoever he wants to.

5. I believe my son is considered 'illegitimate' since I'm a single unwed mum. What difference would it make if i wanna make him my 'legitimate' son? How to make him 'legitimate'?
this one im not very sure.

ssy, i think it is best for u to consult a lawyer to seek more advice.:wong19:

shi_san_yee

this one im not very sure.

ssy, i think it is best for you to consult a lawyer to seek more advice.:wong19:

yah i'm the main caregiver... except my mum likes to 'chap' here 'chap' there. and damn those messages were in my old phone (traded-in liao), and i know he's the kind who today say one thing, tomorrow mean another thing. So stress. I e-mailed AWARE, they also ask me consult lawyer (gonna be very expensive?). He says he's coming on thursday to see my boy.

shi_san_yee

hmmm you r working now right??
your salary isit high??
i not sure if consultation will cost you alot anot, since not engaging only consultation.
if not you try legal aid???

LAB > Home
thats y i'm finding out if any single mummy had the same situation. coz here mostly, bb's father didn't go get lawyer to fight for visitation rights.

yje site cannot get in leh

Ting

ehhh how come u cannot get in...?
hmmmm, i can click n the site appears.
maybe u try to google legal aid bureau n check out the details. :)

shi_san_yee

ehhh how come you cannot get in...?
hmmmm, i can click n the site appears.
maybe you try to google legal aid bureau n check out the details. :)
okie will try. but meanwhile i'm still hoping my mum will decide tht her own daughter's wellbeing is more important that some guy outside who re-appears after all the drama to reap rewards..

on a separate note, my confinement nanny commented that my baby cries very loud, must be that i had a bad pregnancy, true lor, i wasn't happy, very stressed, who day getting it from my mum and work of course. ARGH. love my little angel to bits.

Ting

okie will try. but meanwhile i'm still hoping my mum will decide tht her own daughter's wellbeing is more important that some guy outside who re-appears after all the drama to reap rewards..

on a separate note, my confinement nanny commented that my baby cries very loud, must be that i had a bad pregnancy, true , i wasn't happy, very stressed, who day getting it from my mum and work of course. ARGH. love my little angel to bits.
sayangs~
no lahs i dun believe in such tings.
cos, i didnt exactly hv a happy pregnancy either. (i cried, screamed n shouted alot!)
but pin turned out to be an amazingly easy baby to look after.
she doesnt cry alot though she has a loud n sharp voice. :)

shi_san_yee

sayangs~
no lahs i dont believe in such tings.
cos, i didnt exactly have a happy pregnancy either. (i cried, screamed n shouted alot!)
but pin turned out to be an amazingly easy baby to look after.
she doesnt cry alot though she has a loud n sharp voice. :)

hehe their voices all loud loud. very powerful, strong lungs.

Happy 1 mth my little boy today!

iamblessed

Hello to all single mummies!

I stumbled across this forum today and decided to be part of this online community.

A bit more of myself, I am a single mother and my boy is turning 5 this year. Thanks to my mum's support, I am currently homeschooling him.

So take courage, believe in yourself and in keeping your baby cos' it's all worth it.

w.sheep

hi ,

i need some advice.

I am in the mist of settling my divorce.
My daughter is 3 yrs old, staying with me.

Recently she at nite , she will cry and say she wants her papa.
wants papa & mama, not 1 of us..
(i dun noe if any one tell her anything ...)

when i hear that , i really feel very sad.
I feel guilty towards her.

Can anyone tell me how can i handle this.

SunShine07

hi ,

i need some advice.

I am in the mist of settling my divorce.
My daughter is 3 yrs old, staying with me.

Recently she at nite , she will cry and say she wants her papa.
wants papa & mama, not 1 of us..
(i dont know if any one tell her anything ...)

when i hear that , i really feel very sad.
I feel guilty towards her.

Can anyone tell me how can i handle this.
i guess even though nobody tells her she will also sense it.....children are very sensitive...

Anyway to save your marriage?

SunShine07

the marriage really can't go on anymore ..

now my focus is only how i can make the child feel better...
is she very close with her dad?

maybe can seek counsellor help? i am not sure cos for me i stay with parents n brothers, my son like to play with them so maybe no impact for him