Sippy Cup

Jode

My bb is 12 mths old and still drinks water from the teat, rather than the spout.
She knows how to suck from the spout. But after a while, she will cry and refuse to drink her water, even though she is thirsty.
How can I help her?
The logical transition is from spout to straw right?

pixie

Jode, the logic thing is not true but rather use it just as a guidance.
My girl is 14 months old. I give her straw-type right away. Never use spout-type before.

I am suspecting that your girl dislike spout, try giving her the straw-type or even give her a glass of water and let her drink off a straw and once you confirmed she prefers straw to spout, just get a new sippy cup or just change to straw.

Last edited:

Jode

Using the Avent sippy cup.
Gave my girl both the soft and the hard spout. And she doesn't like both.
Let her try the straw before... but she doesn't know how to suck using the straw.
Shall I just let her be?

pixie

Yes, leave her be. When your girl is ready, she will drink off the spout or with a straw. All babies reach their milestones at their own pace.

Alisa

my son is 11 mths, we give him sippy cup he also only plays with it. we give him try straw last mth and he knows how to use it so we will just but straw bottle.

My girl just turned 12 months and we found out tt she knows how to drink using straw. So we skipped the spout and now using straw bottle too.

xiaodaisy

sippy cup might a little troublesome as my girl need to hold up to drink it therefore she choose to drink it from straw at 6mths old =)