So very burnt out, and I am only in my mid-30s......

Guess what? Received a "post Christmas present" of sorts in the form of an official HR memo that my contract will not be renewed. Surprised? Hardly. In fact, I was kinda expecting this to happen because my boss has been milking my ass off courtesy of imposing non-stop overtime (OT) work schedules for the past few months - an undisguised rush to wrap up as many outstanding projects in the shortest amount of time possible as opposed to opening fresh accounts for clients. Oh, and the entire department was rewarded with zilch bonus this year as my company decided to begin trimming the fat in the cost department complemented by periodic downsizing.

Thankfully, I wasn't all that dense and already had some inkling of the impending unfortunate predicament about to befall me, so I've been quietly sneaking off to attend a fair number of interviews and in the meanwhile managed to secure some job offers. Then again, truth be told, I am feeling extremely exhausted both mentally and physically after slogging for 5 years (and some) for my present company. Or as they say, burnt out. Mind you, I am only in my mid-30s.

My girlfriend dumped me years back, add to the fact I honestly did not have time to go for holidays since forever no thanks to work commitments, so basically my life now is defined by shuttling between office and home day in and out.

More at https://www.prolificskins.com/post/2017/12/27/so-very-burnt-out-and-i-am-only-in-my-mid-30s