Solids to Boost 12 Months Old Weight

baylene

Hi! My kiddo just turned 12 months and weighs only 9kg at about 76cm in height, considered below average. Has been eating porridge twice a day since 7 months old besides breast milk. He's fine eating, but just distracted when comes to drinking milk, which could be the reason why he isn't putting on average weight. Will be weaning him off breast milk soon. Any recommended recipe to boost his weight?

Last edited:

jasmineseow

Hi! My kiddo just turned 12 months and weighs only 9kg at about 76cm in height, considered below average. Has been eating porridge twice a day since 7 months old besides breast milk. He's fine eating, but just distracted when comes to drinking milk, which could be the reason why he isn't putting on average weight. Will be weaning him off breast milk soon. Any recommended recipe to boost his weight?
you can try giving your kiddo some dried fruits as it will give him more nutrients and also gain some weight from there.. thats what i did for my kiddo! If he still unable to chew or swallow well, u can soak it in milk so that it becomes softer... i buy mine from fruitspree.com and they sell affordable fruit and vege chips and deliver to ur house! rly good service. hope this helps! :)

AlexandraReid

i'd suggest to add some formulas as he needs to put weight, however the best thing would be to consult with the doctor, good luck. To tell you the truth, pediatricians usually prescribe some special formulas which can help to gain weight. I personally used 19 holle goat formulas and my daughter gained weight pretty quickly. By the way, this formula was one of the most preferable because my little princess liked it the most, she got used to it pretty easily and what amazed me the most the price in the online shop was pretty affordable.

Last edited: