Son refused to eat medicine

AugBoyz

Same like you haha.. But when i go oversea with hubby, he won't even miss us .. maybe he's too young to understand. When i drag the luggage and go he'll cry until very ke lian then when overseas i call my mother in law whether he got ask for us, she say NO. So sad hahaha... But when we back home, he'll run to us and hug us very tight. Really very touching. haha :shyxxx:
coz no one there to reprimand him, scold him, say NO to him etc ma. Grand parents are the BEST coz everything also OK YES ALRIGHT :001_302: Can be King till u n hubby comes home fm trip.

Phoebii Cheng

coz no one there to reprimand him, scold him, say NO to him etc . Grand parents are the BEST coz everything also OK YES ALRIGHT :001_302: Can be King till you n hubby comes home fm trip.

That's true...grandparents to them are the best....like my parents will just give in to my son.....:tlaugh:

Mummy to Baby V

Hmm.. are all of you all stay at home mum? Cos my son not living with me.. Weekend parent.. Thus, it will be hard to bring him back on friday..lol
I'm SAHM, moved to KL. My boy took medicine for the first time at about 8 months old. My hubby had to hold him tightly and pressed his cheeks while I used the syringe feeder. He hated it and for a week, he cried when someone presses his cheeks. Fortunately he outgrew the phobia and is very cooperative in taking medicine now. Else I cannot imagine battling him alone in the day!

SH74

my boy nv hv prob taking med until recently. initially we resort to mixing med w abit of fruit juices or milk. but doc say it's not advisable cos it'll dilute the med n might hv other reaction when mix w it. suggest dat we forcefeed. she said it's normal for this age to behave like dat. they'll grow out of it nearing 3 yr old.

initially we r able to 'con' him to drink d fruit juice + med. but aft some time, he knows n refused totally. so we forcefeed him. if any outsiders see the way we forcefeed, i think they'll call police cos it looks like child abuse. hahaha... it's v traumatic for us n our boy. but no choice cos it's antibiotics n he mus finish d course.

but aft 3 times of forcefeeding n my boy having 3 nights of nightmare, he decided to take med on his own when we ask if he wan to eat med himself. now it's heavens for us. no more screams n shouts n cries coming fr our house.

don

Alpha Male
Haha.. thanks everyone for your valuable suggestion..
My son finally took his medicine..SH, my son is coming to 3 years old..
But the strange thing is that he prefer chinese medicine more than western although western is sweet..

Me rasie my voice and "beat" his hand when he dun drink.. Later he sadly drink all of it.. haha.. agreed.. sometimes must be harsh.
But it only works when i am around.. My wife and grandmother cannot deal with him..

Maybe my son is scared of me..

Haha

AugBoyz

My monster also love chinese med. We start to bring him to see chinese doctor when he was 2yrs+ due to his prolong cough. We were afraid that he will not take the powder med when we mixed it in his milk but we were wrong, he drank all. Now tt he is 3yrs+ we jus mix with water n he gulp them down. Most comical thing is when he cough abit he will tell me "Mummy, I have cough, bring me to see auntie doctor." *faintz

Nowadays I dun bring him to see western doc unless its high fever or some infection. Normal flu or cough we always goes to that chinese doc.

Phoebii Cheng

Wow!.....but chinese med has stronger taste than western med...

Just the other week, I also saw my nephew gulping down the chinese med...I ask him, is it sweet? and he nod his head....

Hmmm.....

AugBoyz

Wow!.....but chinese med has stronger taste than western med...

Just the other week, I also saw my nephew gulping down the chinese med...I ask him, is it sweet? and he nod his head....

Hmmm.....
Chinese med is never "sweet" as in the candy sweet. Its has got a bitter sweet taste with a smell. Some kids can take it some cant :)