Special needs children on Okto Channel

Hi all,

Just to share next Monday 10pm showing programme on Okto channel called "Autistic Me". Show how parents cope with teenage Autistic children i think.

btw, anyone caught last night programme called "A mom like Alex"?

This lady adopted 7 Down Syndrome babies plus 1 CP baby to give them a better future. It was so humbling to watch.

rae

Hi all,

Just to share next Monday 10pm showing programme on Okto channel called "Autistic Me". Show how parents cope with teenage Autistic children i think.

btw, anyone caught last night programme called "A mom like Alex"?

This lady adopted 7 Down Syndrome babies plus 1 CP baby to give them a better future. It was so humbling to watch.
yeah... i saw the prog last nite. so amazing tis woman. but do you know in those countries, all the helpers she has are paid by the govt? so are the therapies. and did you notice there is a car to fetch each of the children to school? tats the comprehensive progs and support systems they have overseas. so envy. i am part of this org called "unique" and i receive their newsletters regularly. i'm so envious abt their progs and all the subsidies they get. they even get respite care, where ppl like alex offer to look aft special needs children and the parents can take a break. wat do we have? nothing.

Angelmum

do you know in those countries, all the helpers she has are paid by the govt? so are the therapies. and did you notice there is a car to fetch each of the children to school? tats the comprehensive progs and support systems they have overseas. so envy. i am part of this org called "unique" and i receive their newsletters regularly. i'm so envious about their progs and all the subsidies they get. they even get respite care, where ppl like alex offer to look after special needs children and the parents can take a break. what do we have? nothing.

That's y I always felt Sg govt not helpful. Everything we need, be it therapy or schooling, we had to pay n we had to pay many times more of a normal child!!! Envy US

That's why I always felt Sg govt not helpful. Everything we need, be it therapy or schooling, we had to pay n we had to pay many times more of a normal child!!! Envy US
oh yes, i had to pay $500 every month for my boy's school fees at pathlight, and on top of that another $200 for to and fro transportation...mainstream pri school costs only $10 for misc fees...why the govt never take care of our kids...because they are less able to contribute to society?

Angelmum

...mainstream pri school costs only $10 for misc fees...why the govt never take care of our kids...because they are less able to contribute to society?
believe that's the main reason, our children cant contribute to society (a country burden/hinder) so they rather channel their money n donate to other countries whenever there r natural disasters, at least govt n all those big organisations can leave a gd name to the whole world!!

xiaochuan

yeah... i saw the prog last nite. so amazing tis woman. but do you know in those countries, all the helpers she has are paid by the govt? so are the therapies. and did you notice there is a car to fetch each of the children to school? tats the comprehensive progs and support systems they have overseas. so envy. i am part of this org called "unique" and i receive their newsletters regularly. i'm so envious about their progs and all the subsidies they get. they even get respite care, where ppl like alex offer to look after special needs children and the parents can take a break. what do we have? nothing.
Indeed, in States, they get govt subsidies for all the therapies and helpers. Hence, there are lots of people who are keen to adopt special needs children. Also, disabled are better taken care of and equipped with programs to realise their potential... the society is more educated abt disable individuals compared to here.

chloe.lim

Alpha Male
Indeed, in States, they get govt subsidies for all the therapies and helpers. Hence, there are lots of people who are keen to adopt special needs children. Also, disabled are better taken care of and equipped with programs to realise their potential... the society is more educated about disable individuals compared to here.
Hihi..coming to this situations, i am aware of respite as well in other countries.. And boy we are so glad chloe is an australian citizen...

xiaochuan

Hihi..coming to this situations, i am aware of respite as well in other countries.. And boy we are so glad chloe is an australian citizen...
That's cool. At least she will be taken care of by govt when u can no longer provide for her. I reckon Aussie side got more facilities/ treatment avail?

chloe.lim

Alpha Male
That's cool. At least she will be taken care of by govt when you can no longer provide for her. I reckon Aussie side got more facilities/ treatment avail?
hi xiao chuan,
i would suppose so about the more facilities available part..but the most important thing is it's a society where most locals do not take things at face value..they treat everyone as an individual, wherelse here we stereotype first before anything..

cheers

xiaochuan

hi xiao chuan,
i would suppose so about the more facilities available part..but the most important thing is it's a society where most locals do not take things at face value..they treat everyone as an individual, wherelse here we stereotype first before anything..

cheers
yes, without these, we would have a slightly better life as parents to special needs children.

shiseru

yes, without these, we would have a slightly better life as parents to special needs children.
Xiaochuan, I received your message email. I am glad you have found friends and support here :)

Parents of children with special needs, I salute you mummies. You are remarkable parents who have done more than parenting!