Starting work on Monday!! :(

sg81hani

4 mths have passed and the dreaded day when I have to be back at work is coming!!! Just thinking about it can tear me up!! Sigh, if only leave is longer, but inevitably the day will come eventually (just didn't expect it be sooo soooon!!! boo hoo!!! ) What if baby keeps crying for me?? what if she doesn't want to drink her ebm from bottle??? what if my mum gets too tired cos my baby girl is one active bubble??? Argh!! SO many worries mummies!!

PS: Just needed to express my feelings here mummies.. i'm sure many of you faced this difficult situation before. So any advice or tips to share to this emo mum here?? :embarrassed:

ALso , to all Muslim families (and others who are enjoying the long weekend) Selamat Hari Raya! Hope everyone spends great moments with their beloved families!

Phoebii Cheng

4 mths have passed and the dreaded day when I have to be back at work is coming!!! Just thinking about it can tear me up!! Sigh, if only leave is longer, but inevitably the day will come eventually (just didn't expect it be sooo soooon!!! boo hoo!!! ) What if baby keeps crying for me?? what if she doesn't want to drink her ebm from bottle??? what if my mum gets too tired cos my baby girl is one active bubble??? Argh!! SO many worries mummies!!

PS: Just needed to express my feelings here mummies.. i'm sure many of you faced this difficult situation before. So any advice or tips to share to this emo mum here?? :embarrassed:

ALso , to all Muslim families (and others who are enjoying the long weekend) Selamat Hari Raya! Hope everyone spends great moments with their beloved families!
Hi

Yup I guess we face the same situation as you, tht is I think seperation anxiety for mums? :tlaugh:

But don't worry just have to learn to let go.....at least u get to spend 4 mths with ur bb, tht time for me I only spent 1 mth with my son bf I got back to work........then clear the rest of the 2 mths slowly on diff months cos' my co is small no one else help me to cover my job

before u go back to work did u let other pple handle her beside urself? and if you are bf you got to slowly wean her to take the bottle if not she will cry nonstop without u around......pls make everything possible for ur caregiver to handle ur bb

*hugs*

sg81hani

my mum was away for 2 weeks and now shes's back. My girl was with me most of the time and has grown quite attached to me already. Hope she is smart enough to know that mummy's got to go back to work.

meiteoh

I know the feeling - I went back to work after nearly 9 mths of being a SAHM. The first week or two is tough but after a while, you'll adapt and adjust as you learn to let go of certain things. :)

Invest in a digital photo frame and upload plenty of pics of your little one onto a memory card (which you then plug into that frame). Also, pre-empt your mother by letting her know if you may call to ask how is your little bub but don't be a nutter and call every hour. Just start at once during lunch time and take it from there. I didn't call on my bbsitter to see how things were because I didn't want to bother her plus it was my way of helping me adjust. Coming home on time helps and doing little things that is just unique to your and your baby.

If you can, connect with other mummies at your office. You'd be surprised to note that a lot of them have been through what you're feeling now.

*hugs*

today is my 1st day back to work as well.. (after 2mths maternity leave, I'm SPR).. u better than me cox ur mum take care bb for u, not need tat worry.. Mine gal pass to nanny..

last week pass to her for 2 days for her to get used to nanny house.. so now not tat worry.. before that worry wat if she looking for mummy smell.. so pity to ask her to stay at nanny house without daddy n mummy beside her etc... but now feel better d...

one thing i worry is not enough EBM for her only... cox not really got much time to pump at office, n my supply not really lot oso.. somemore bb no poo for 4days d... sigh..

TANZHENZHI

It's the same to all working mums. I went back to work after 2.5months rest. At first really very hard to cope and can't stop worrying. I bring along some of my son's photo to work and can't concentrate with my work. After few days i learn to let go and I feel assured that my mother-in-law will take good care of him so i can fully concentrate with my work. Leaving office on the dot and rush home to spend quality time with him. That's life, we have to learn to let go one day when they grow up too. :) Jia you mummy.