Steam Moist Chocolate Cake (Taste like Lana Chocolate Cake)

I have tried this recipe many years ago. It was originated from a forum by a lady's name Dralion.

For this recipe, don't use olive oil. It will alter the taste.

cecil

sounds great... i will go and get the cocoa powder and try to make it tomorrow !!! cheers.. thanks for sharing !!

Thanks this recipe sounds good! Will try it soon! i really love Lana cakes, awfully chocolate too... all my faves, hubby's too! Our little girl seems to have inherited this from both of us. Hard to stop her once she starts eating any of these choc cakes!!

Quick question, if u use butter instead of canola oil, do u use the same amount? i.e. 375g?

Thanks!!

i tried once but the inner part is still very watery while the outside is ok. Is this suppose to be this way? Also my sis said it tasted very flour-ly...
:Dancing_wub:

I finally had chance to try this recipe and it was good! I used butter instead of canola oil and it worked. Thanks for this fantastic recipe!!

akosiamidala

has somebody tried baking this recipe instead of steaming?

if yes, how high should the temperature be and how long in the oven?

was the result as nice as the steamed one?

How much you put for butter? Is it very watery inside? Btw, what kind of cocoa powder you use?

:tlaugh:
I used same amount as the recipe said for canola oil. It was fine for me, as I like my cakes buttery and quite rich. Not watery inside but v moist. Cocoa powder I used hershey.

Good luck with yours! Have fun :)

evelee86

Method for making cake:
Combine sugar, evaporated milk,vanilla extract and oil in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved,off fire and keep warm.
Add the beaten eggs into the slightly cold evaporated milk mixture and stir till well mix.
Sift the flour,cocoa powder,baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowl then pour the eggs mixture over the flour and stir till well mix (cake batter should be runny).
Heat up the steamer.
Lined and greased a 9 inch baking pan or 2 9′inch sandwich pan.
Pour the batter into prepared pan and place the pans into the steamer and cover the top of the pan losely with a piece of aluminuim foil.
Steam over medium heat for 1 1/2 hour (45 mins for 1/2 recipe/ingredients).
Cool the cake in pan before turning out for further decoration.

Method for chocolate coating:
Combine the sifted cocoa powder,condence milk and oil.
Stir over low heat till thicken (stirring all the time).
Add in salt and vanilla extract or essence.
Cold the chocolate topping a little before spreading on the cold cake.
Hi priscilla,

I am a fan of Lana Cake all this while~ The moment I saw in the forum that you have a recipe that taste like lana cake, my eyes just brighten up!!! Can I have the recipe from you.. >.< My email address will be evelee86@hotmail.sg. Will be very very grateful and thankful if you can help me out... ^^

Eve

Last edited:

simplycrafts

Hi,
I am new and was reading the post but could not find the recipe anywhere on the post except for those that people asked questions about butter and oil. I would appreciate it if you could email me this recipe cos I would love to try this cake. I simply love this type of cakes. Thanks!

evelee86

Hi Priscilla,

I had saw the method of how it is being done~ But can I have the recipe from you as I really really want to try it out... ^^ Hope you can help me out. ^^ My email is evelee86@hotmail.sg. Looking forward for your reply.

Warmest Regards
Eve

If you tried it and like it, credit goes to Dralion. The lady who shared this recipe and had received rave review ever since.

Revisiting this old recipe that was well loved by all who attempt it.

1 1/2 bar of butter (250 gm + 125 gm) OR Corn Oil **
2 cups of castor sugar
1 can of Evaporated Milk
4 Eggs,lightly beaten with a folk
2 cups of Plain flour ***
1 cup of Cocoa powder
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Vanilla Extract or 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence

*** this recipe can be halve easily

Combine castor sugar,Evaporated milk,vanilla extract or essence and butter in a saucepan.
Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted,off fire and
keep warm.
Add the beaten eggs into the slightly cold Evaporated milk mixture and stir till well mix.
Sift the flour,cocoa powder,baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowl then pour the eggs mixture over the flour and stir till well mix (cake batter should be runny).
Heat up the steamer.
Lined and greased a 9 inch baking pan or 2 9'inch sandwich pan.
Pour the batter into prepared pan and place the pans into the steamer and cover the top of the pan losely with a piece of aluminuim foil.
Cold the cake in pan before turning out for further decoration.

Chocolate topping

1 can of Condence milk
1 tsp of Vanilla extract or 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
1/2 cup Corn oil
1/3 cup Cocoa powder,sifted
1/8 tsp Salt

1. Combine the sifted cocoa powder,condence milk and oil.

2. Stir over low heat till thicken (stirring all the time).

3. Add in salt and vanilla extract or essence.

4. Cold the chocolate topping a little before spreading on the cold cake.

Last edited:

Yaroslav Fadeev

Method for making cake:
Combine sugar, evaporated milk,vanilla extract and oil in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved,off fire and keep warm.
Add the beaten eggs into the slightly cold evaporated milk mixture and stir till well mix.
Heat up the steamer.
Lined and greased a 9 inch baking pan or 2 9′inch sandwich pan.
Cool the cake in pan before turning out for further decoration.

Method for chocolate coating:
Combine the sifted cocoa powder,condence milk and oil.
Stir over low heat till thicken (stirring all the time).
Add in salt and vanilla extract or essence.
Cold the chocolate topping a little before spreading on the cold cake.
Thanks for the recipe. I definitely try it