Steralize bottle/food utensil

vonn81

Hi, do we still need to steralize bb's milk bottle or food utensil when bb is 7-8 mths already?? or can just use hot water to soak for awhile/ rinse with hot water will do?? Thanks.

elmo168

Heard from friends and books that you don't have to steralize the bottles after the baby is 6 mths old as it help them to build up their immune system.

I think 6 mths is still too early, I target to stop at 9mths but we are so used to it that we only manage to stop at 11mths. But I still descale the steralizer and steralize the bottle once a week. In between, my maid just rinse the bottle (clean one) with tap water and rinse again with hot water before she prepare the milk for my baby.

regards,
elmo

vonn81

huh 1 yr abit too long le bah...i heard if bb started semi-solid food liao not need to steralize bottles so often le leh...cos i hardly express now so if i do i will steralize the pump and bottles, but normal days i use bottle for water only so i just rinse/soak with boiling water. for food utensil its plastics material like combi/pigeon and i dunno whether can put into steralizer or not so i also just soak with boiling water only leh...

CanCanMum

tats what the babycenter said, and most pple practice coz when they are 1yo immune system is stronger to bacteria.....for me i only stopped when boy was 1.5yo....kiasee a bit....my mum lagi jialat! She only stopped when she heard the news about toxins in baby bottles.

daberdew

I am still sterilizing bb's bottles. Mine is 11 mths. Think 1 year is ideal ba after they complete their major injections...

wow i even more kiasu lor!

im stil doin it nw & my ds 3yrs liao....:001_302:

tink i shd stop liao...cuz dat day burnt 2 milk bottles in kitchen & nearly burnt my kitchen up! (wen i fall asleep wen boiling them! hehe)

vonn81

haha..ya very dangerous leh..thats why i very scared to use boiling method. i everytime 4get 1 cos i dun hav steralizer at my mum's pl so have to boil. at 1st 1 bring here n there ah until i sian liao..so when i boiling that time need to set timer..hahaha..i stop steralizing when she is 6mths..but on off still steralize when i need to steralise the pump. mayb try to steralise more times bah, but i guess too clean also not very gd...la sap jiak la sap tua bah :)

yalor i knw.... so nw iv stopped liao....

cuz dat time ds admitted kk mah...kana stomach flu...so i slept in ward wz him (insufficient slp)...dan 'stoned' lor...
dat day was aft discharged dan rch hm lor...(my dh said since so tired dun boil la! alamak!):embarrassed:

la sap jiak la sap tua hahaha

veron

Didn't know that we can stop sterilising bb's milk bottle after they turn 1 year old. Am still sterilising my DS's milk bottle and he is already 30 months old le. hehehe. I'm also very kiasu one cos i change his milk bottles every 2 to 3 months and his bottle teat every 2 to 3 weeks. hehehe..

vonn81

at 30 mths if he is already eating outside food then i think not neccessary le bah...i think too clean also not good lah...just my thoughts..no offends :)

CanCanMum

i stopped sterilizing my boys bottles at 18 months.....

at first he got some tummy upset problems....

but after a while he is ok liao...

think they need to be exposed to some bacteria to build up their immune system....and tat is when after 1 year old after they had all their vaccinations and am ready to fight with bacteria....