Sticker to prevent pregnancy

JusMum

Anyone there using the sticker to prevent pregnancy , a sticker can be sticker around our hips , i wonder its better than taking pills , my doc tell me its safe , any mummy there using , any comment with this sticker ~

hui_ru_88

Anyone there using the sticker to prevent pregnancy , a sticker can be sticker around our hips , i wonder its better than taking pills , my doc tell me its safe , any mummy there using , any comment with this sticker ~
If I am not wrong, you are referring to Evra right?

I did tried it for a month. However, I got side effects to it. So, I switch to pills.

The advantage to it is you dont have to worry about forgetting to take the pills as it is stick on your hip everyday.

The disadvantage is during the usage, the area where you paste the Evra, you will find it itchy.

JusMum

before that i was taking mercillon pill , after give birth till now havent taking any pill yet ,, dunno to try the sticker or take pill ,, i was thinking sticker was good but is it really safe ,,

hui_ru_88

before that i was taking mercillon pill , after give birth till now havent taking any pill yet ,, dont know to try the sticker or take pill ,, i was thinking sticker was good but is it really safe ,,
I was the other way round. I tried Evra first. Followed by Gynera and then Mercilon.

CJmom

Just wondering... when you are on the pills / sticker, does your menses still come? Cos thought these contraceptives stop you from ovulating? Is it?? Not sure.

hui_ru_88

Just wondering... when you are on the pills / sticker, does your menses still come? Cos thought these contraceptives stop you from ovulating? Is it?? Not sure.
Menses will still come no matter which kind of contraceptive you are using.

Cos for pills and patches, it is only use for 21 days only. After the 21st day, few days after that, your menses will come. But no matter your menses finish already or not, you will start another cycle of the contracpetive pills/ patches after 7 days.

PS: There are rare cases that people do get pregnant even though they are taking contraceptive pills/ patches.

godloved

I used the patch b4 i wanted to conceive (cos still studying), for me, it was a breeze, no pill swallowing, no tines of pill taking to note, nothing. No allergic reactions, but for me maybe due to the hormones in the patch my bustline became shapier and a big bigger..

Just to add, however when I wanted to conceive, I stopped using them for about 3 months (used condoms instead) to let my body be clear of all the "hormones" b4 trying but I believe most ppl do that too, even on other contraceptives.