Stitching after natural birth

chelle

I delivered at TMC naturally w/o epidural. They will give you a bottle of medicine to apply to the wound, need not buy yourself!
But the 1st time you pee n poo, the pain is real horrible! but of course nothing is compared to labour pain!
Make FULL use of the Laughing Gas if you are aiming to go w/o epidural! It will make you relax and dilate faster.
I almost gave in to epidural but did not coz gyne say BB coming out within 2 hours, so i took the jab in the tight area instead. The Jab & Laughing Gas combi make me relax n dilate very quickly and BB came in less than 2 hours!

iwan2noe

haha....cos the contraction will be very intense already so you dont even know the gynae cutting you......dont worrry...
I totally agree!! The contraction is so intense and strong u only want to 'push' ur bb out tt u can't even notice or feel the cut. my Hubby said the cut is scary as he can hear the snipping sound of the genital.

Wasant

I totally agree!! The contraction is so intense and strong you only want to 'push' your baby out that you can't even notice or feel the cut. my Hubby said the cut is scary as he can hear the snipping sound of the genital.
Haha....just let natural take its course....dun worry unnecessary.....my hubby just sit beside me....i think he dun even think of going near to take a closer look......congratz on your new baby....take care....

Melancholy

u can get it from Guardian.... is call PROCANOL... it got numb effect so that ur wound is not so pain... & it heal faster also... but not all guardian have it.. so u gotta find.. my aunt help me buy from united square....
Hello angelwendy, today i just went to the Guardian at United Square.. But i can't seem to find it..

angelwendy

Hello angelwendy, today i just went to the Guardian at United Square.. But i can't seem to find it..
Hmmm y ar??:err: my aunt go there buy for me... or u wanna google see the outlet then call up them see which one have?? if reali no time liao then u gotta use the normal dettol liao...

Melancholy

Hmmm y ar??:err: my aunt go there buy for me... or u wanna google see the outlet then call up them see which one have?? if reali no time liao then u gotta use the normal dettol liao...
I'm not sure too.. Hmm how does the bottle look like? Is it some kind of antiseptic liquid?

shiyi

I totally agree!! The contraction is so intense and strong you only want to 'push' your baby out that you can't even notice or feel the cut. my Hubby said the cut is scary as he can hear the snipping sound of the genital.
gratz on yr new born!! my precious girl was borned on 21st jan!

Ivy Miao

gratz on your new born!! my precious girl was borned on 21st jan!
Congratez!! My baby boy was borned on the 22nd Jan! lolx!! A day difference... :001_302: How are you dealing with your confinement?? I cant take it anymore.. staying at home makes me bored.. first day back home was really terrible.. baby keep crying.. And now I realise, confinement make me perspire MORE! But I shower with Qi Feng Cai everyday.

Shiyi mummy, I realise after labor, I missed my hub more than anytime. I just want him to be by me side every hour, every min. Do you have the same feeling/emotion as me? :embarrassed:

iwan2noe

you can get it from Guardian.... is call PROCANOL... it got numb effect so that your wound is not so pain... & it heal faster also... but not all guardian have it.. so you gotta find.. my aunt help me buy from united square....
Yes, it is a controlled item and u need to ask the pharmacist for it. I got mine from Lot1 guardian pharmacy :)
My hubby was unable to find it and i told him to ask the pharmacist for it and he finally found it. It cost ard $6+

However, if ur wound is healing almost 70%-80% and u run out of Procanol, u can wash ur wound with plain water. Not nec need Procanol... This is as advised by my gyane :)

Last edited:

angelwendy

Yes, it is a controlled item and you need to ask the pharmacist for it. I got mine from Lot1 guardian pharmacy :)
My hubby was unable to find it and i told him to ask the pharmacist for it and he finally found it. It cost around $6+

However, if your wound is healing almost 70%-80% and you run out of Procanol, you can wash your wound with plain water. Not nec need Procanol... This is as advised by my gyane :)
Hi may i know is 1 bottle enough???

iwan2noe

Hi may i know is 1 bottle enough???
I have 2 bottles in all. THe one given by hospital and 1 my hubby got for me.
I am still using the 2nd bottle and my wound is healing good..by right it shd have healed but still using it as I feel that it is not 100% healed...

where will u be delivering? KK, TMC, Mt A , etc ?
if it is not enuff, rinsing it with water is also good...this is as per advised by my gynae... =)

Wishing u a smooth pregnancy ahead! :)

iwan2noe

gratz on your new born!! my precious girl was borned on 21st jan!
Hi shiyi,

CONGRATS on the arrival of ur cute little bundle of joy! :)
be careful and take note of ur gal. check if she has jaundice bcoz like many bb, my gal developed jaundince 3 days after she discharged with me though she was given the all clear signal with a test on the v day she was discharged.
BUt i think ur gal shd be fine :)

Take care and welcome to motherhood! =)

Cheers!

iwan2noe

Congratez!! My baby boy was borned on the 22nd Jan! lolx!! A day difference... :001_302: How are you dealing with your confinement?? I cant take it anymore.. staying at home makes me bored.. first day back home was really terrible.. baby keep crying.. And now I realise, confinement make me perspire MORE! But I shower with Qi Feng Cai everyday.

Shiyi mummy, I realise after labor, I missed my hub more than anytime. I just want him to be by me side every hour, every min. Do you have the same feeling/emotion as me? :embarrassed:
Hi Ivy,

CONGRATS on the arrival of ur little bundle of joy! :)
Welcome to motherhood! =)

Heyhey, like u, i also feel lonely w/o my hubby...v scared when he is not at home. Ya lor, just wish he is with me every mins by my side... hehehe =P

So how's everythg now? More or less, i have settled down liao... ur side and Shiyi's side ok?

our gals are 18th ,21st and 22nd Jan bb! hehe
almost 1 after another immediately =P:Dancing_tongue:
Cheers!

U take care and rest well and more ok? =P

Verona's

Hi Ivy,

CONGRATS on the arrival of your little bundle of joy! :)

Heyhey, like you, i also feel lonely w/o my hubby...very scared when he is not at home. Ya , just wish he is with me every mins by my side... hehehe =P

So how's everythg now? More or less, i have settled down ... your side and Shiyi's side ok?

our gals are 18th ,21st and 22nd Jan baby! hehe
Cheers!

you take care and rest well and more ok? =P
Mine was 20th ! ;)

Ivy Miao

Hi Ivy,

CONGRATS on the arrival of your little bundle of joy! :)

Heyhey, like you, i also feel lonely w/o my hubby...very scared when he is not at home. Ya , just wish he is with me every mins by my side... hehehe =P

So how's everythg now? More or less, i have settled down ... your side and Shiyi's side ok?

our gals are 18th ,21st and 22nd Jan baby! hehe
Cheers!

you take care and rest well and more ok? =P
Wow!!! Our babies all so near. I delivered at TMC. How bout you mummies?? Maybe we can all meet up once little ones hit 1 month.

iwan2noe mummy, I'm handling quite well. But when night comes, I will hug onto hub and tear. So did your hub stay with you day and night? Taking leave to accompany you? Guess I will be crying like a baby on Monday when he travels. He's travelling for business next monday for a week. I dunno if I can handle without him. Mummies, do keep me company in this forum, yes??

angelwendy

I have 2 bottles in all. THe one given by hospital and 1 my hubby got for me.
I am still using the 2nd bottle and my wound is healing good..by right it should have healed but still using it as I feel that it is not 100% healed...

where will you be delivering? KK, Thomson Medical Center, Mt A , etc ?
if it is not enuff, rinsing it with water is also good...this is as per advised by my gynae... =)

Wishing you a smooth pregnancy ahead! :)
I will be at KKH....