stop mil from carrying bb!!

Joeychen85

Hi ,

Any mummy can suggest me a way tat can stop my mil from carrying my bb? Nw I under confinement , my mil has
Move in for 1 mth jus to handle my confinement food.. And will handle awhile my bb when I'm resting.. But due to she always carry my boy.. Nw my boy kip asking for carry.. Nxt time she move bk liao , den who will b carrying him whole day? I'm fraudtrated.. Kip telling her nt to carry so much.. But she nvr listen de leh.. Like shes battery operated, once detect bb cry or movement will auto cme n carry.. N always gek siao n make bb cry n say his askin for carry.. I'm getting more n more bek chek Liao..

Rukia

V hard to change old folks's habits. Even if u tell them, they will not listen, or will do behind ur back. I encountered before. Was v frustrated back then but as i was v tired, i just close one eye. My fren told me to close two eyes if there is really no choice..

Jenni

Yes, it very hard to tell them, it best ur hubby tell his mum himself, if u talk scare later she not happy abt it, maybe it her 1st grandson so she like to carry... son and mother talks better... Like tat u won't like offense her. If ur hubby don bother then u tell him if he don stop and after confinement baby keep asking to carry, let him do the job coz u don wan make urself tired... My 1st nanny also keep doing things I don like so wat I do is I carry baby to my room and close the door... Maybe hard to rest but at least I will not pek chek...

Maybe u try talk nicely again, baby cannot keep carrying, when they cry cannot go carry them rite away...

MrsWang

I think the best way is to bring the baby To the room and lock the door. Coz given ur hubby personality, I doubt he cares as well. Though it's tiring, but at least u won't so pek chek and can also 'tune' baby back..

engravedx

My maid also, loves carrying my baby. Thank goodness from the start when I bring her back from hospital, I immediately push the baby cot into my room. And they know I hate it when they enter my room to disturb me.

But if don't carry baby when she is crying, how to stop her from crying then? Or just let her cry?

miracle25

u can try the 'shhh' sound.. it works well for my 2 mths boy now.. & we will hold his hands by his side so tat he wont keep hitting his head or lick his hands.

mswong

My mil cannot leave bb cry. Once she hear my bb cry, she immediately stop all the works and carry my bb, even she is in the middle of preparing meal. Her carry style is swinging one. Luckily she wasn't there during my confinement else i will be crazy. We visited her while bb was around 40 days old. She kept carrying him and try to make him sleep. I couldn't stand it and I told her not to swing him but ok to carry him. I just asked her to put him down and I'll take care of him. I only visited her for 5 days so I just let her be. I was also worried that my bb will get used to it but luckily he didn't. It's hard to control old ppl la... But you can just tell them how you would like to take care the bb. It's your bb anyway. I think they should respect your choice.
If bb is crying or ask for hugging or carrying, I will just talk to him first unless he really feels more and more uncomfortable then only get him out of bed. Try to play with him while he is lying down.try to let him know he also can play while lying on bed.give him more comfort while he is lying down. =)

Last edited:

Tannie

My mum and sister also like to carry baby when she make noise in the cot... I start to worry how am I going to cope when I go back to my hubby place... Now we had argument abt sarong swing, my mum insist want to use it, my hubby n myself strongly against it... My hubby decide to put baby in infant care after I go back to work...

Talk to your husband about it !
My mil also always when baby cry she want to carry him. When actually my baby is like not crying that type just have to hoax him can le. But she kept on wanted to carry him. So I always tell my husband .
So when my husband not in I will just lock myself in the room when my mil end work came back .

Snowgal

wah.. i have the same headache too... my mil likes to swing my baby to sleep, i told her just let her lie down n let her slp on her own, she just carry the baby up and went outside to swing her to sleep, i m so damn pissed.

my baby cot is inside my room, and she keep coming into my room to check on baby, which i really dont like it, coz its invading my privacy. i really buay tahan. told my hb that next time he have to carry and swing the baby to slp, if she keeps on crying before sleep. but he heck care. now my baby will cry for us to carry her to sleep. really headache manz...

so what if they r old people or have eaten more salt, that's my baby and i want to teach my baby on my own, not for them to teach her. they should respect us as baby's parent, they are just only grandparents.

Ya lo. Always said they also don't understand then she still know how to said my fil when my fil swing ? Lol . I don't understand leh .
tough is us leh . When baby used to carry is we take care not they take care . They also never think for us .

babyjennifer

Hi, if can try to be moderate at our approach, at times we need to compromise a little here and there.
I do understand the frustration as I am living with my mil too.
But with them around, they helped look after certain house chores and remember one day we will become
someone's mother in law too.

Mreow Mreow

Momo darling
U r super cute.
This thread was last year's one and u replied.
Wonder how the babies are doing now. Haha..
Can glenn be fed to sleep?
cuz danika xan latch to slp.
At least got other way to mk her slp besides carrying. Haha

KiBin

During my confinement my mother in law also keep carrying him and swing him. Now he likes to be carried. Else cannot sleep. Was pissed too cos one day she say we spoilt him but I was thinking "aint u the one who spoilt him" . But now I don blame her anymore.. its over already.. btw they do that becausr they loce their grandson.. so canot blame them too. . Sometimes we ned their help too.. so I jus close all my eyes lol
maybe you can try sleep training?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=babycenter sleep training&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CC4QFjAA&url=http://www.babycenter.com/0_baby-sleep-training-the-basics_1505715.bc&ei=V3tGUYm0JoKmqQHdgYGQDw&usg=AFQjCNGNRd2H0zanmUkai2BIKldl9SJWng&bvm=bv.43828540,d.aWc

Hello, i also hv same prb. Living with my in laws too. Worse is when i was preg, they keep tellin me dun carry bb when he cry... but after i was discharged from the hosp... straight away she carry. Cry also they carry. Im still having a hard time nw after 2 mths plus.. just that i close one eye. Sigh.

KiBin

one way to stop MILs from doing is actually get your husbands to talk to their mothers... :p

but try to make it such a way that it's not you saying stories behind her back.. otherwise is HELL... :S

Alisa

the only to prevent them from always carrying the baby is, don stay with them. well, its is not possible for everybody la. i am still staying with my in-laws and my son is 17 mths le and still like to be carry cuz FIL always carry him when he is around, now MIL also complain our son always ask to carry, my husband say her back, they are the 1 that like to carry him till he is so used to, blaime who?

Starling

Whenever we go back to IL's place, My mil will keep carrying my ds. Not crying also carry.
imagine we r at her place for an hr, she will carry him for an hr.
there's once we went out for lunch together n I'm not eating, she still insist on carrying him. She even snatch him from my carrier n her food is turning cold.

How to stop her from carrying him? I alrd use a baby carrier to prevent her from carrying him but no use. How?

Qookie

My baby will cry whenever my MIL carries her! Haha. That's a good way for my MIL to NOT carry her! ;)

I guess she cries because my MIL doesn't see her often and she tries to grab her whenever we meet them. So naturally my baby doesn't like my MIL and will cry. Haha.