Stretch mark creams

verieying

Depending.. you can stRt first trimester if your tummy grows faster? But best to try if you like e smell? I bought palmers and wasted the whole tube as I cldnt stand the smell! Pregnant time I was sensitive to dift smells etc. Can't stand smells that I usually like!

Janellebb

I think the smell is alright bah.. I actually started to apply on first tri.. But not everyday.. Now also not everyday.. My tummy havent really pop out yet though... But i think its ok to apply right? 5th months this month..

cupcakemum

From what I've read, u can start applying it during end of 1st tri or start of 2nd tri. I'm at week 35 now and don't have any stretch marks on my tummy. I use Palmer's and Bio-oil.

If u use Bio-oil, I recommend using it at night as it is quite oily and might feel uncomfortable in the heat during the day.

lyra

Anyone wants to buy Mustela stretch mark cream from me? I'll sell it cheap to you as I have a new one and a used one. Now baby is 6 mth, dun need to use le. Pm me :)

Some of my friends applied the moment they knew they are pregnant. For myself, I bought elancyl stretchmark prevention when I knew am pregnant but only started to apply at the start of 2nd trimester. I don't like the plant extract smell, made me wanna puke.

ks76mummy

I am using the brand called Percutalfa. Saw it displayed on the counter at my gynae's so tout that it should be safe haha since she allowed it to be displayed. Started applying them after first trimester.
Odourless but I am not sure if it will be effective. Dunno how to see if I have stretch marks before delivery...Anyway, I always forget to use it haha

I have heard some good reviews about some Clarins' oil which is quite expensive. My close friend used it and told me no effect on her so I gave it a miss.

The clarins oil is effective, priced at $82/bottle. My friend used up 4 bottle for her whole pregnancy and no stretchmark so far. Gynaes usually said it's genetic. So, if your mum has it, high chance you will have it. Only can help to reduce the stretchmark.

My cousin told me she only see the stretchmark at her last month before delivery. She was like sian half way.

miracle25

From what I've read, u can start applying it during end of 1st tri or start of 2nd tri. I'm at week 35 now and don't have any stretch marks on my tummy. I use Palmer's and Bio-oil.

If u use Bio-oil, I recommend using it at night as it is quite oily and might feel uncomfortable in the heat during the day.
me too.. I applied soon after I knew I'm pregnant at around week 8-9.. bought a pump-size Elancyl, used once every day in the morning after shower.. now in my 36 weeks, so far no stretch mark.. but I think its not bcos of the cream cos I heard this is inherit from the parent, if your mum dont have in the past, you will not hav.. indeed my mum (now 61 yrs old) had 3 children (including me), her tummy is very clear with no lines..but I will still continue to apply cos my colleague said it also helps to moisturise the tummy and that our breast will still grow so better to apply..

nyati22

Hi All,
Just wanted to share.. I've been using Clarins Stretch Mark Control Cream in the day and Clarins Huile Tonic Oil at night since 1st trimester.. Was really very happy with it initially.. Nice tummy until end of 2nd trimester..
Then hubby notice dark reddish lines at the bottom part of my belly.. U tried switching to Elancyl.. But still no use.. Now very sianz!!!
I still to use it occasionally.. But I doubt it will be any diff.. Haiz..
Some of frens don't even use any creams and has no stretch marks at all!! It's all in the genes I guess.. My mom has very bad ones all over her tummy.. :(

Janellebb

I some days apply but some days never apply got use? I didnt know need to apply on breast.. But i can feel my breast growing also.....

zaclin29

it is better to apply day and night... esp when in yr 2nd and 3rd trimester when ur tummy is growing at a fast rate..
U need to apply on tummy, breasts, butts, thighs, arms as these are the areas that will/may have stretchmarks....

right now i use Olivella Mamma Anti Stretchmark cream (bought from John Little) during the day and Bio Oil at night..
Pray that I dont have any stretchmarks at full term! Some ppl only develops stretchmark at 8mth onwards.... :(

dolphyant

Hi Mummies,

Sorry to interrupt. I'm Sep 2011 mum and has a bottle of Earth Mama Angel baby stretch mark oil (120ml) to let go at $23. I applied this brand of stretchmark oil throughout my pregnancy and I'm glad to say i have no stretch marks at all. If you are interested, please email me at dolphy789@gmail.com

EMA-00008-3.jpg

pinkk11

i've been applying Clarin stretchmark control since the start of my 2nd tri.. and have been deligently doing so ever since. :)