Stretchmarks

pixie

Dear mummies,

I know stretchmarks are in the genes; if our mother or sisters have them, high chance we will get it.

My question is - do stretchmarks appear during pregnancy or after giving birth?

Thank you :)

banner82

Hi. Usually it is during pregnancy. Mine appeared at around week 32 when my tummy expanded at rapid rate.

Last edited:

pixie

banner82, thanks for replying :)
It's looks like I will not be spared since both my mum and sister have stretchmarks after giving birth.

I am in my 20 weeks, hence, I believe at some point later, those ugly marks will surface.....woes :(

audi

Hi..

Regard abt this..its not true. My mom and My sis both hv stretchmarks but i dun hv .."Heng" lo! I was like u when i was at my 2nd tri thinking that all those marks will appear soon at later stage. Now me at 39 weeks liao..going to due soon anytime..so far so gd dun have.

But i apply lots of cream and oil..i started at my 14 weeks till now..so not to worry abt it.

:)

banner82

Hi..

Regard about this..its not true. My mom and My sis both have stretchmarks but i dont have .."lucky" ! I was like you when i was at my 2nd tri thinking that all those marks will appear soon at later stage. Now me at 39 weeks ..going to due soon anytime..so far so good dont have.

But i apply lots of cream and oil..i started at my 14 weeks till now..so not to worry about it.

:)
Agree with her. I think it is the quality of your current skin condition. My mom dont have stretch marks but i have. Gynae told me to start applying stretchmark cream early and i applied at 8 weeks of pregnancy but still have marks appear at 3td trimester. I guess my skin is not as elastic as i think it is.

Yes, it's dependent on yr skin condition/quality/type..
Suggest to apply Shea butter right ff d beginning, to moisturize the skin
don't wait for stretch marks to appear.

so far i dun have "new" stretch marks cos by preg..

onli pass stretch marks when i slim down..

have been darn hardworking applying the cream morning and night..

hopefully dun have much >.<

Carisella

Wow, i thought every pregnant mommies will have stretchmarks. Now i know.. Unlucky me, i can't anyhow apply any cream, else I'll get a very bad reaction ~_~..
Stretchmarks shall be my companion for the next few months to come