Successful story for curing bronchitis/asthma completely

mosqeetoh

my son was 4-5 yrs old when he had bronchitis issues. i really cant recall how much of the tulsi leaves i bought but i think they sell like a small bunch so just keep in the fridge.

mosqeetoh

alternatively u can try looking for tulsi cough syrup in Mustafa. If ur not sure of the right amt of fresh juice to give to ur young child, i guess a pharmaceutically prepared mixture sounds safer.

Sharonlaychen

My 7mth son has been coughing on n off for entire 1 mth and has skip his mmr for 6mths.. After reading this forum,I went to visit Dr guo tcm. She is reali very good. Say everything in detail and she dun agree baby sleeping in air con. Ask us to stop and let him sleep on fan. After consuming her medicine. I nearly hear no phlgem in his airways. Before tt e phlgem sound was so loud. Omg.. is very miracle tcm.. I reali can't believe it!! I can say she is good and attentive and she give a lot of advise to first time mummy lid me. She ask me to beware of seafood lid fish. Ika bili will create more phlgem..

February

My girl has got persistent cough for a good 2 mths or so and had bronchitis recently. After seeing tis thread with so many positive remarks about Guo Yi Shi, I brought her there last week. Told Guo Yi Shi the whole history of the 2 mths' coughing episodes, and was prescibed a medication for my girl (we are 1st timers to traditional chinese medicine).

My purpose of going for traditional chinese medicine is to "Tiao" my girl's immune system as she has been taking all sorts of western medication for the past 2 mths, and also to totally cure her cough. After taking one dose of the prescription (from her initial one or two cough per nite), my girl's cough got worst (but according to Guo Yi Shi she shld get more coughs to expel out everything before getting better)! For the past 4 nites after the medication, she has been coughing constantly every 15 to 20 mins interval and did not have a peaceful sleep and only manage to sleep after 3 am, and has to wake up by 6.45 to go to childcare.

Guo Yi Shi seems nice and patient when we see her face to face during our 1st visit, and she says we can call her if we have doubts which I did. But she didnt sound so patient at all over the phone. Me as a 1st time parent, from hving one or two cough per nite to constant coughing after taking traditional chinese medicine prescription, of cos I am at a lost and want to consult someone rite? Am I too anxious or should I just wait and see?

Anyway after calling her, she said we should stop the medication for 2 days and observe and then give her again on the 3rd day and then go back to her for review and probably change another prescription.

Anyone in tis situation? Can pls advise or share? Thanx.

xfg

My girl has got persistent cough for a good 2 mths or so and had bronchitis recently. After seeing tis thread with so many positive remarks about Guo Yi Shi, I brought her there last week. Told Guo Yi Shi the whole history of the 2 mths' coughing episodes, and was prescibed a medication for my girl (we are 1st timers to traditional chinese medicine).

My purpose of going for traditional chinese medicine is to "Tiao" my girl's immune system as she has been taking all sorts of western medication for the past 2 mths, and also to totally cure her cough. After taking one dose of the prescription (from her initial one or two cough per nite), my girl's cough got worst (but according to Guo Yi Shi she shld get more coughs to expel out everything before getting better)! For the past 4 nites after the medication, she has been coughing constantly every 15 to 20 mins interval and did not have a peaceful sleep and only manage to sleep after 3 am, and has to wake up by 6.45 to go to childcare.

Guo Yi Shi seems nice and patient when we see her face to face during our 1st visit, and she says we can call her if we have doubts which I did. But she didnt sound so patient at all over the phone. Me as a 1st time parent, from hving one or two cough per nite to constant coughing after taking traditional chinese medicine prescription, of cos I am at a lost and want to consult someone rite? Am I too anxious or should I just wait and see?

Anyway after calling her, she said we should stop the medication for 2 days and observe and then give her again on the 3rd day and then go back to her for review and probably change another prescription.

Anyone in tis situation? Can pls advise or share? Thanx.
Hi February,
My kid is about 7 mth and had seen Sensei guo. AFter taking the medicine, the phlegm also seem to be be getting worse.
So how did it go for your child?

February

Hi February,
My kid is about 7 month and had seen Sensei guo. AFter taking the medicine, the phlegm also seem to be be getting worse.
So how did it go for your child?
i totally stopped the medicine, and brought her to eu yan sang. it costly i must say, but my ultimate purpose is to stop the recurrence.

JazN

Chinese medicine is a slow process thus I won't reco if junior is already coughing. coughing should not get worse. western med is more effective.

for my case I also brought to c eys but not improving after 3days so I brought to kkh a&e since cough has been close to a month n should have subside. kkh practice is to go xray for 3/4 weeks cough. found phlegm in ddi lungs n earlier prescription by gp the dosage is too low base on ddi's age & weight.

so my advice is don't wait already bring junior to kkh a&e since xray is already incl in the fee, & as u don wan to turn into something serious & peace of mind as well as junior getting better prescription. Chinese med only when junior better & we want to tiao their body.

note as children attend cc thus recurrence of flu, cough will happen. best boost their immunity after they r well.

hope i've helped in some ways :)

February

Chinese medicine is a slow process thus I won't reco if junior is already coughing. coughing should not get worse. western med is more effective.

for my case I also brought to c eys but not improving after 3days so I brought to Kandang Kerbau Hospital a&e since cough has been close to a month n should have subside. Kandang Kerbau Hospital practice is to go xray for 3/4 weeks cough. found phlegm in ddi lungs n earlier prescription by gp the dosage is too low base on ddi's age & weight.

so my advice is dont't wait already bring junior to Kandang Kerbau Hospital a&e since xray is already incl in the fee, & as you dont want to turn into something serious & peace of mind as well as junior getting better prescription. Chinese med only when junior better & we want to tiao their body.

note as children attend cc thus recurrence of flu, cough will happen. best boost their immunity after they r well.

hope i've helped in some ways :)

I went to KK a few times before, and dat is the reason why my dd ended up wif Bronchitis, cos everytime we went there, all the junior doctors at the A&E will just say its normal and very common in young children, and after X-ray and bloody test (when she has cough wif high fever), they will send us home.

Ended up she was diagnose wif Bronchitis (brought her to Thomson Paediatric Centre) after we could not take it anymore as she has been coughing very badly at night and kept crying and complain of tummy pain, and she was hospitalised for 3.5 days.

Conclusion, after she recovered from the episode, I brought her to TCM wanting to "tao" her. So if the cough is not too bad, I would recommend to go eu yan san, cos normally she will take about 4 days or so to see result if she takes medicine frm eu yan san.

It is up to individual, if u dun think western medication works anymore then go for Chinese medication. I can say I think western medication doesnt work on her, as the docs will give different medications each time (like trial and error), and everytime, after taking western medication, she will end up looking so pale and lost weight. TCM will not hv such effect.

So decide for yourself what is best for your child.

Last edited:

xfg

I went to KK a few times before, and dat is the reason why my dd ended up wif Bronchitis, cos everytime we went there, all the junior doctors at the A&E will just say its normal and very common in young children, and after X-ray and bloody test (when she has cough wif high fever), they will send us home.

Ended up she was diagnose wif Bronchitis (brought her to Thomson Paediatric Centre) after we could not take it anymore as she has been coughing very badly at night and kept crying and complain of tummy pain, and she was hospitalised for 3.5 days.

Conclusion, after she recovered from the episode, I brought her to TCM wanting to "tao" her. So if the cough is not too bad, I would recommend to go eu yan san, cos normally she will take about 4 days or so to see result if she takes medicine frm eu yan san.

It is up to individual, if u dun think western medication works anymore then go for Chinese medication. I can say I think western medication doesnt work on her, as the docs will give different medications each time (like trial and error), and everytime, after taking western medication, she will end up looking so pale and lost weight. TCM will not hv such effect.

So decide for yourself what is best for your child.
Thanks to both for your advices.
@February, so for your child's case, EYS better than Guo Mei Ling sensei's medicine?

February

Thanks to both for your advices.
@February, so for your child's case, EYS better than Guo Mei Ling sensei's medicine?
EYS is definitely better. I went to Guo Mei Ling once, and after dat one time, dats it. See my earlier post.

JazN

EYS tiong bahru the senior doc doesn't speak much/ offer advice, need to ask. my 1st time to the child-friendly eys, thus not very good impression.
there are mummies who've been to other branches w better reviews

February

EYS tiong bahru the senior doc doesn't speak much/ offer advice, need to ask. my 1st time to the child-friendly eys, thus not very good impression.
there are mummies who've been to other branches w better reviews
I normally bring my DD to the one at Rivervale Mall (Seng Kang). But I realised most of these physicians dun talk much, so do it the other way round ask them questions.