Super hungry at night

summerp

My baby, 10mths old has been waking up 2 times in the middle of the night to drink milk. Almost like every 3hrs on the average. I thought at this age he should be able to sleep thoughout the night.

Anyone with the same situation?

apollo

b4 ds reach 1yo, he still wake up at night at times for milk. usually will last for 3-4 days den bk to normal. what i did was, 1st night he wakes up i gave 150ml.. next night i give 120ml.. slowly cut down den aft few days he dun wake up anymore. =)

AugBoyz

My baby, 10mths old has been waking up 2 times in the middle of the night to drink milk. Almost like every 3hrs on the average. I thought at this age he should be able to sleep thoughout the night.

Anyone with the same situation?
If you did not train ur boy how will he learn to STTN?

summerp

before dear son reach 1yo, he still wake up at night at times for milk. usually will last for 3-4 days then back to normal. what i did was, 1st night he wakes up i gave 150ml.. next night i give 120ml.. slowly cut down then after few days he dont wake up anymore. =)
He used to wake up only 1x for milk but recently he started to wake up more frequent..

summerp

could be be growth spurt that is causing this?

i use Tracy Hogg's - Baby Whisperer method to train my boy to STTN fm 4mths onwards.
Maybe.. i just saw that his upper tooth is coming out. Could be be that is causing?

Thanks, i will search for more info on the method. :)

potato

My daughter is already 19 months, and she still wakes up for night feeds. The most number of times she woke up? 7 times.. At what age can they sleep through the night? :)

AugBoyz

My daughter is already 19 months, and she still wakes up for night feeds. The most number of times she woke up? 7 times.. At what age can they sleep through the night? :)
if u dun train them then they will not learn. Waking up so many times at time disrupt their sleep n thus u will have a bad tempered or cranky child the next day.

What is the reason for her waking up so many times? For milk? to play? got awaken by some noise and couldn't fall back to sleep?

try apollo's method if its milk tt ur ger wants.

I remember there was a period my then 3yrs old monster sometimes wakes up at 3-4am and wanted milk, he will fall immediately back to sleep once he had his milk. Not sure the reason for this (actually lazy to analysis lah since he is already 3yrs old :tlaugh:) but it went away in a couple of weeks.

apollo

7 times per night???

i think is more lik a bad habit. she is used to waking up for milk, not she is really hungry. if u dun change her habit, even till 5yo, she still will wake up for milk. i believe at 19mths, she shd understand what u saying alrdy. just tell her to go bk to slp. or give lesser amount of milk or just give plain water. let her get the idea that 'midnight no milk'

apollo

my son is almost 2 mths old. Can i start training him to sttn?
for 2mth old, i dun think there is a nd.. cos he still nd time to adjust on his own. cos usually by 3-4 mths, their night feed time will stretch longer, like 5hrs or sth. and if ur bb is fully bf, most likely he will still wake up for night feed until older.

Ting

hmmmm pin auto slp thru the night close to 2mths old.
i think a good time to train is abt 3-4 mths old?
like apollo mention, just slowly reduce the feeds, u can also try dream feeding.