Supplement for Baby of 10 mths old

What would you give to your baby who is 10 mths old. Is fish oil ok to give, the softgel type, where you poke and squeeze into their mouth.........

Pls share your tots..

apollo

i personally think that 10mths old is abit too early to start supplement. mayb u can check with ur pd?? =)

diymummy

The only supplement I know of that is suitable for infants is Appeton Infant Multi-Vit. You can get it from Guardian pharmacy. I am using this for my boy only because he falls sick frequently. I also cleared this with my pd before using it.

uddermummy

Maybe you can give them oily fish like mackerel and cod two to three times a week instead?

I think eating the fish itself is better than eating fish oils. :p

If you are fully bfing your boys, you may want to consider iron drops.

Maybe you can give them oily fish like mackerel and cod two to three times a week instead?

I think eating the fish itself is better than eating fish oils. :p

If you are fully bfing your boys, you may want to consider iron drops.
Hi Uddermummy

I do not bf..... :embarrassed:

Currently my boys taking threadfin and cod fish about 5-6 times a week (they take porridge 2 times a day). Their usual daily intake of food is :-

5-6 am - 170 ml of milk
8-9 am - Oatmeal cereal w about 100 ml of milk
11-12 - 170 ml of milk
12.30-1 pm - Porridge w fish or chicken or pork or beef w vegetables (one rice bowl)
3-4 pm - 170 ml of milk
6-630 pm - Porridge w fish or chicken or pork of beef w vegetables (one rice bowl)
8-9 pm - 170 ml of milk

In between meal they will get fruits occasionally like papaya, apple or banana or sometime my babysitter will substitute porridge w mashed sweet potatoes. Recently i intro yogurt as part of their snacks.

Hope they are having enough nutritients in their daily intake ....

I have been told by mother in law that my niece take fish oil since baby and now she is 8 or 9 yrs old, she seldom falls sick and even though she is not well she will recover very fast as compared my niece younger sister, she was not given fish oil since baby and she is now 3 yrs old always fall sick and the last time she is sick she is hospitalised for almost a week on suspected pnuenomia....:embarrassed::embarrassed:.... fever going up and down and refuse food and coughing badly, so now a bit bit concerned about my boys .... (yes i am a paranoid mama, confirmed by my hubby :) ).

So now just want to boost their immune system.... :tlaugh::tlaugh:

Hi Uddermummy

I do not bf..... :embarrassed:

Currently my boys taking threadfin and cod fish about 5-6 times a week (they take porridge 2 times a day). Their usual daily intake of food is :-

5-6 am - 170 ml of milk
8-9 am - Oatmeal cereal w about 100 ml of milk
11-12 - 170 ml of milk
12.30-1 pm - Porridge w fish or chicken or pork or beef w vegetables (one rice bowl)
3-4 pm - 170 ml of milk
6-630 pm - Porridge w fish or chicken or pork of beef w vegetables (one rice bowl)
8-9 pm - 170 ml of milk

In between meal they will get fruits occasionally like papaya, apple or banana or sometime my babysitter will substitute porridge w mashed sweet potatoes. Recently i intro yogurt as part of their snacks.

Hope they are having enough nutritients in their daily intake ....

I have been told by mother in law that my niece take fish oil since baby and now she is 8 or 9 yrs old, she seldom falls sick and even though she is not well she will recover very fast as compared my niece younger sister, she was not given fish oil since baby and she is now 3 yrs old always fall sick and the last time she is sick she is hospitalised for almost a week on suspected pnuenomia....:embarrassed::embarrassed:.... fever going up and down and refuse food and coughing badly, so now a bit bit concerned about my boys .... (yes i am a paranoid mama, confirmed by my hubby :) ).

So now just want to boost their immune system.... :tlaugh::tlaugh:
also forgot to mentioned my boys is 10 mths ++

That's a lot of food your little ones are taking. Hehehe. My boy doesn't take so much. So I think your boys are having enough nutrition ;)
Hi diymummy

But my boys dont seem to put on weight...at 10 mths++, my elder twin is 7.7 kg and the younger twin is 8.2 kg only. I see other babies here much younger than my twins at 6 month++ aledi 8kg or above...sigh

my hubby console me that as long as they are healthy it is ok ... "pat pat"

diymummy

Hi Cath,

My boy now 13.5 mths only 8 kg. LOL. At first I also feel why my boy so small. But I think now, as long as he is healthy, I am happy. And as long as he is hitting developmental milestones, I am happy. I've come to the realisation that since myself and my hubby are not very big in build, we can't expect our son to be big sized. :p Plus when we were kids, we were both on the skinny side.

But it's good that they can eat so much. :) My boy only wants to play, don't want to eat.

camom

Hi diymummy

But my boys dont seem to put on weight...at 10 mths++, my elder twin is 7.7 kg and the younger twin is 8.2 kg only. I see other babies here much younger than my twins at 6 month++ aledi 8kg or above...sigh

my hubby console me that as long as they are healthy it is ok ... "pat pat"
Don't worry too much.. My 17 mth old is not a heavyweight either. The weighing scale always hovers at around 10.5kg. His paed sees no cause for concern so I've learnt to chuck that out of my mind as well. What's more impt is that their diets are balanced and they are developing well, mentally and physically.

apollo

Hi Cath,

My boy now 13.5 mths only 8 kg. LOL. At first I also feel why my boy so small. But I think now, as long as he is healthy, I am happy. And as long as he is hitting developmental milestones, I am happy. I've come to the realisation that since myself and my hubby are not very big in build, we can't expect our son to be big sized. :p Plus when we were kids, we were both on the skinny side.

But it's good that they can eat so much. :) My boy only wants to play, dont't want to eat.
diymummy, ashton is a fat baby BUT he is not a healthy baby. immunity low, fall ill easily. if i can choose, i dont mind him to be normal size or even a petite baby but i want him to be healthy =)

diymummy

diymummy, ashton is a fat baby BUT he is not a healthy baby. immunity low, fall ill easily. if i can choose, i dont mind him to be normal size or even a petite baby but i want him to be healthy =)
I know what you mean apollo.

Don't worry. Ashton's immunity will build up. I find that after 1 yo, my boy falls ill less.

You might want to try Appeton multi-vit?

I'm feeding him Appeton on Mon, Wed, Fri and Sun. Then I also feed him water with some Delrosa (Vit C). I find that after I feed him these, he falls ill less. So far, he 3 weeks never see PD liaoo.. Which is like a miracle.

Hi diymummy & apollo

you may want to consider giving your baby fish oil, heard it is very good to build immune system... will start my twins when they turn 12 mths ... coz now, too young to start....

Mummy to Baby V