swimming lesson

Friend

Hi,

I've been trying to see whether shld my kids go for swimming lesson for him to swim properly instead of playing with water in the pool, anybody has recommendation in woodlands area and is it too late for him to start now?

He is not afraid of water, but always run into cough and flu problem, we got only weekend to do this.

dek2k8

Alpha Male
Hi,

I've been trying to see whether shld my kids go for swimming lesson for him to swim properly instead of playing with water in the pool, anybody has recommendation in woodlands area and is it too late for him to start now?

He is not afraid of water, but always run into cough and flu problem, we got only weekend to do this.
Maybe ask for professional consultant first for your kid's case;
it is most safe.

as for me, swimming is not a good excercise for me as I will avoid most.:we2Randy-git::we2Randy-git:

my boy is afraid.... but i insist helearn....

he's P1 this year......

He afraid at first..... but under peer pressure he continued... and now he is much better... can swim a bit

kay22

Hi Hi,

How old are your kids? My daughter is 8 this year and has been learning swimming for past 1 year. I think it is a healthy form of exercise especially if we dont have a lot of time to bring them for exercise every week. At least with swimming lesson, we know that she has some form of exercise weekly. She used to cough easily too...and not sure if the swimming helps in "building" her body to be stronger.

WE also stay in Woodlands and we send her to lessons at SAFRA Yishun. They conduct lessons based on 10 lessons/per term (every term teaching various strokes but on the condition they must pass each term before proceeding to the next level). I heard Singapore Sport Schools also conduct swimming lessons, probably are private instructors...must find out more though...

mstan

My daughter @ 6 this year started swimming lessons. After 3 months, she is able to swim full lap & just last week, she had tried to put on pjamas & take it off from the water... have yet to try tie up the pjamas & others..

Recommend kids to learn swimming at young age so long as the instructor accept them.. can build up their body lor... won't cough easily....

akiva

Singapore Swimming Lessons Swimming Classes - Happy Fish Swim School
they conduct swimming lesson in most public pools ... my kids will be attending their intensive swimming for 18 lessons over Nov and Dec.

most of the primary school (in primary 3), they have complusory lesson for non-swimmer. do check with the school.

when my brother was in primary, he has sinus and my nephew had asthma but both overcome it after swimming.

talk to your doctor or the swimming coach regarding the cough and flu problem before starting the lesson.

Friend

Thanks for the various reply for all mummy.

I also heard abt compulsory swimming lesson for Pri 3..waiting for this...still trying to find out from the school.

I did not know that singapore sport school conduct swimming..i know it is only during school holiday. Will check it out.

Thanks.

mstan

Honestly speaking, is becos of the compulsory to attend swimming lesson in P3 drive me in wanting my elder daughter to learn how to swim 1st... My younger will start either next year or when she reaches k2..

seashell

It's dependent on individual school if they have swimming lessons . My girl is in P3 but her school doesn't conduct any lesson at all.

I feel it's important to let children learn some basic survival skills so it's best to start them for proper swimming lessons under a coach. I started both my kids at K2 and P2 and lately they have managed to pass the bronze test..:Dancing_tongue:

Suggest parents go to any of the swimming pools nearby on weekends morning and you should be able to find swimming groups. From there you might be able to find a suitable coach for your kid. It's never too late to start swimming .

Jasmine Wong

My daughter school have conducted swimming lesson, but the coach asked her to jump into the swimming pool, then she was so frightened, she quit after that.

Ailian

My kids aged 5 and 7 learn swimming for 3 months, and i was amazed that they can swim now for short distance in such a short period. The coach was recommended by Susan at 91142961 from www.swimlessons.com.sg. Well done.

Last edited: