Switching Doctor - document transfer?

Berry007

I am trying to conceive and may switch doctor in the future. Is it possible in Singapore to obtain all test results and their records of treatment and pass them to the new doctor? In my home country, it is not easy that we would need to pay extra to get referral letter etc. I want to share past record to the new doctor so that future attempt is best for me.

Thank you for your advice!

advocate

You can use SingPass (assuming u are a Singapore PR) and log into your HealthHub account. Mobile app is available for download in Apple and Google stores.

Typically, only data from visits you did in public hospitals and polyclinics. Almost all private doctors are not supportive of it because of administrative burden and confidentiality issues.

If you already have blood test and/or ultrasound results from your previous doctor, you just bring it along to show to your new doc without the need for referral letter. An administrative fee of sorts is inevitable but it has to be reasonable. Your information is protected under the Privacy Act and you have the right to request for it without paying unreasonable fees...