swollen feet during pregnancy

wanderful

Alpha Male
anyone can advise on this symptom

my wife is into the 3rd trimester...is this common.

should we consult our gyne ..thanks:err:

susern

Not to worry its quite common to have swollen feet during last trimester. Raise her feet up slightly with a pillow underneath when lying down. It will lessen any discomfort.

angelwendy

Yup is quite normal.... sometime is because of the water.... just sleep with a pillow on the feet.... put up the feet on the pillow to rest.... & also u try light massage for her will be the best.... if u r worried... just ask gynae on next visit...

ohstrawberry

Is very normal, for me my both legs were so swollen that i can't worn my shoes during pregnancy. But strangely right after i delivered, no more swollen already.

wanderful

Alpha Male
thank you sisters for the advice:001_302:

understand this is common for pregnant women...hope nothing serious

cheers

Ottermum

yup it's common don't worry...it happens to most preggy ladies...

do you know? once the feet swell n stop, swell n stop, swell the third time it means your baby's coming out!!

quite accurate...it happened to me last time :001_302:

Ivy Miao

yup it's common dont't worry...it happens to most preggy ladies...

do you know? once the feet swell n stop, swell n stop, swell the third time it means your baby's coming out!!

quite accurate...it happened to me last time :001_302:
Hahaha!! I agree!!

diymummy

anyone can advise on this symptom

my wife is into the 3rd trimester...is this common.

should we consult our gyne ..thanks:err:
Swollen feet are a sign of water retention.

How many weeks pregnancy is your wife in?

How often are you seeing your gynae? Did the gynae check your wife's blood pressure?

Water retention and high blood pressure as well as high protein content in urine are signs of pre-eclampsia which is dangerous for both mother and baby.

I had pre-eclampsia and it peaked at my 36th week of pregnancy and baby had to be delivered immediately via c-sect.

Try to ask your gynae abt your wife's blood pressure during the next visit.

Meanwhile, do as what the other mummies recommended by propping her legs up while sitting, drinking more water and reducing salt intake.