Taking baby passport pic

jasobias

Hi any mummies made baby passport when baby is less than 2 months old??
How did u guys take the pic?Must wait till baby is awake?If baby not cooperative then how ah?Will ICA reject the pic then?:err:
thanks!!

stonston

I took the photo at home :)

What I did was to put the white cloth diaper on the bed as background. Then I place my boy on top of the white background. Make him smile then take & take & take. Took around 20 pictures (all awake, but some not looking at cam, some blur, with flash, no flash etc etc). Then upload onto computer, choose the best one, crop according to ICA guidelines. I submitted online, so there was a part where they ask you to upload photo then adjust according to their template (where the top of the head must be, wear the shoulder must be, etc).

Quite easy to do :) If you take those instant type, sure waste alot of money if the photo is not approved cos it's hard to take photo for babies!

littlehelper

If possible to wait i guess it is better to wait till abit older if not have to take quite a number of times when her looks change :D.
When the immigration officer cannot recognise her then will tell you to change again.And since she is only 2 mths old i guess her face will change quite a bit as time passes.

jasobias

What I did was to put the white cloth diaper on the bed as background. Then I place my boy on top of the white background. Make him smile then take & take & take. Took around 20 pictures (all awake, but some not looking at cam, some blur, with flash, no flash etc etc). Then upload onto computer, choose the best one, crop according to ICA guidelines. I submitted online, so there was a part where they ask you to upload photo then adjust according to their template (where the top of the head must be, wear the shoulder must be, etc).

Quite easy to do :) If you take those instant type, sure waste alot of money if the photo is not approved cos it's hard to take photo for babies!
oooh will do tht instead..so leceh go shop take all!thanks!!

meiteoh

I took Eva's pic when she was just two weeks old. We took some shots at home as well as at the photo shop. The European standard is horrible - face forward, eyes open, mouth close and ears visible.

What was worse was then every time she gets into the car seat, she'll doze off by the time we reach the photo shop. We got lucky the second time but she fell asleep just as I stepped into the shop so I had to undress the poor gal and try to get her attention. We managed to get a pic but it wasn't exactly faltering at all.

All I can say is good luck to you! :)

yan2

We did the same method for our girl too.

Ginger

I took Eva's pic when she was just two weeks old. We took some shots at home as well as at the photo shop. The European standard is horrible - face forward, eyes open, mouth close and ears visible.

What was worse was then every time she gets into the car seat, she'll doze off by the time we reach the photo shop. We got lucky the second time but she fell asleep just as I stepped into the shop so I had to undress the poor gal and try to get her attention. We managed to get a pic but it wasn't exactly faltering at all.

All I can say is good luck to you! :)
hi, which shop did you go to and how much?

pop-kidz

my baby took the passport pic at abt 1.5 mth.

took it at ICA. the person there will noe how to take for the baby :)

missblue18

i also took it myself at home by laying her in the cot, make sure there is enough light and no shadows and with a white diaper cloth as background....very simple to apply online i just went collect on monday only waited for 3 days

lonerjas

So baby so young want to make passport?? For travel?? Cos i tot too young baby take flight is bad for their ear drums..

Anyway kids grow very fast and the look in the passport may change so unless i bring my kids overseas otherwise i will not make it. Now they only give 5yrs so little. I will only bring my kids to fly when they are 2yr above. So currently only my DS have passport, my gal haven yet. When they grow older wont they have prob with immigration cos the pic looks different?

meiteoh

Ginger, I took her pic in Switzerland. :p

Loner, babies can travel by plane from a week old. As for the eardrums, it's only during takeoff and landing so all you need to do is suckle them. The major concern with flying is not so much the air pressure and what-not but the exposure to so many people at such a young age.

For the French (coz Eva is holding a French passport), it's only valid for five years instead of the standard 10 years.

wawa

My boy had his passport done just after full month. I took his photo at ICA, the ladies know how to get their attention. It was within seconds and it was done. :001_302:

Mummy Geeh

my son's passport pic was taken when he was just 9 days old. Must be sure that the baby is awake (eyes wide open) bec if not it will not be accepted. We actually waited in the shop for about an hour bec baby was sleeping. He woke up on his feeding time and the pic was taken. I carried the baby up and put before the white/blue background. quite scary bec he was so fragile then. :)

I suggest to bring baby to photo shop just before the feeding time so they will surely wake up :) and dont feed unless pic was taken or else they will just go back to sleep.

JuzAngel

Juz grab ur D. camera & shoot away.. :Dancing_wub:
White background r required by ICA.
I sit my BB against a white wall & distract w/ e favoraite toy(s).
Snap, snap, snap.. then choose e best one to submit online to ICA :001_302:

Justina

Hi, i took both my kids passport photos when they were still a very young baby. Yes, you can wait until he/she is awake, well fed and in good mood. My hubby took the picture and i help to make them smile. After taking the picture, you may upload it and apply passport online. Enjoy!

hippopolai

For me very easy, I just bring my boy to ICA and take there....

I tried before I actually bring my boy to there, but all not nice, so I give up... Ha-ha...

MomoMummy

me did this too when she is 2 weeks old. cos full month need go malaysia for her full month. must look into camera. i use "Paint" to edit her pic. cut into their dimension.

ica not so strict for this since they know baby ma.. as long as the last part when upload thru their website the head mouth shoulders must like their sample n white background.. go collect also super fast. we bring her go ica less than 30 minute we collect already.

iBaby_Mum

My elder son had picture taken by professional photograher at the hospital. That was part of the hospital package. :err: he was only 1-2 days old.

Ginger

For me very easy, I just bring my boy to ICA and take there....

I tried before I actually bring my boy to there, but all not nice, so I give up... Ha-ha...
HELLO!

what's the best time and day to go to ICA to apply for passport for baby? Thanks!

jasobias

HELLO!

what's the best time and day to go to ICA to apply for passport for baby? Thanks!
I just went yesterday.Not very busy abt 12noon.I decided to take pic for baby there.They took it so fast n then i just submitted form there .Pick up is in 1 week .