Talking

`julee

ok so now ur babies stop mumbling and u actuali understand wat they say...

does ur toddler speak ur mother tounge or english?

`julee

i tink i spoke to dd too much malay wen she was younger therefore she speaks more malay than english. though she understands english (more or less), she will tend to reply in malay...

mae

my dear alexx speaks trilingual...english, filipino, & my own dialect. She understands all.

my DD speaks mixture of english and malay but most of the time she'll speaks english...i speak english to her n the maid talk to her in malay...luckily my baby dont speak bahasa indonesia...

`julee

my DD speaks mixture of english and malay but most of the time she'll speaks english...i speak english to her n the maid talk to her in malay...luckily my baby dont speak bahasa indonesia...
lol! nuryna watch loads of indon show since baby, but lucky none of us speak indon much, so she din catch it...

pinkieroxy

I spoke 2 ma gal English when she was a bb n till nw she 's speaks English 2 everyone so I made ma PIL speak Malay 2 her luckly she's gt no problem bt like a bit funny lol when I heard she spoke Malay... :tlaugh:

pinkieroxy

I feel tat speaking English is important lol cause once they attend nursery they b able 2 communicate well wif teachers.

jedamum

ds1 is quite fluent in english. his mother tongue (mandarin) have some english slang. he thinks in english and converts it to mandarin before he speaks...hence sometimes, the statement is incorrect...eg I want to eat dinner at 7pm translate to mandarin should be I want to, 7pm, eat dinner (wo yao qi ding chi wan chan).
he is much better now.

deardar

my son still cant speak yet ...
ppl says that boys tends to speak late stage comapred than girls

so worried ...

`julee

I feel tat speaking English is important lol cause once they attend nursery they b able 2 communicate well wif teachers.
thats the thing! it will b harder to communicate wit the rest.. aiyoo..
hav to train her more english, hope not to late!

Ting

hmmm, hv been speaking to kaipin in eng all these while..even my family..hehe...intend to let her hv chinese as her mother tongue,hopefully dh n his side wun bother me abt it...

yen

Me & dh have been speaking english to dd ever since she's born till now... But luckily our parents speak to her in mandarin, so can speak n understand both languages... but veri funny she will speak to us in only english... den veri automatically she wil speak mandarin to her grandparents...:rolleyes:

huiling

i speak to my dd english from young so she will speak a bit english to me bt she can understand some chinese/dialect words tat i talk to her bt duno hw to speak it.

`julee

hmmm, hv been speaking to kaipin in eng all these while..even my family..hehe...intend to let her hv chinese as her mother tongue,hopefully dh n his side wun bother me abt it...
i rather my dd speak mandarin too...

tamarind

When my girl was a baby from newborn to about 18 months old, I speak to her entirely in Cantonese. That time I didn't want to confuse her with 2 languages. She was speaking Cantonese very fluently at 2 years old. I change to English after she was 18 months old, she also learn very fast, speaking in complete sentences by 3 years old. Now at 4 years old she speaks both Cantonese and English like an adult.

Happydays-shop

we have been speaking english to DD most of the time.
but sometimes will mix abit of malay and chinese.
she will reply in english most of the time.

liangmum

Hi
my boy nw 13mths still can't talk only noe hw to point and mumbling..:(

All Mummies,
At wat age does yur child strt to noe hw to speak?