Teething biscuits ???

Hi mummies hve been giving my 10mths old bb gal Heinz teething bisuits. Initially shre doesnt seem to know how to eat it but nwades she is a pro can finish very fast but when its getting smaller i,l take it form her n throw away scare she stuff e whole thing in her mouth n choke. i hve been giving her heinz teething rusk. may i ask if theres other brand that i can try?????????i hve seen pigeon biscuits @ those baby section in departmental store but i,m not sure if its safe to give??????????? hve you tried b4 ???????? i mean @ lest teeting biscuits is very hard so u know she wont get choke stright away. i hve seen n was very keen to try those puffs.........i think its from Gerber........its says on the instrcution it will melt in your baby mouth n its those small size biscuits some what similiar to honey stars conflakes ......i interested to try that to let her take e small bits o bisuits to feed herself . but e thing is although it says that it melts in your bb mouth but i still eliminate e fact that she will stuff 1 too many n evetually choke even b4 e bisuite melt ????????? any experiences to share ?????? there is also those soft biscuits somethig like those "wan wan " kind that will just break when u bit too hard those kind o bb bisuits can give ?????

apollo

Hi mummies hve been giving my 10mths old baby gal Heinz teething bisuits. Initially shre doesnt seem to know how to eat it but nwades she is a pro can finish very fast but when its getting smaller i,l take it form her n throw away scare she stuff e whole thing in her mouth n choke. i hve been giving her heinz teething rusk. may i ask if theres other brand that i can try?????????i hve seen pigeon biscuits @ those baby section in departmental store but i,m not sure if its safe to give??????????? hve you tried before ???????? i mean @ lest teeting biscuits is very hard so you know she wont get choke stright away. i hve seen n was very keen to try those puffs.........i think its from Gerber........its says on the instrcution it will melt in your baby mouth n its those small size biscuits some what similiar to honey stars conflakes ......i interested to try that to let her take e small bits o bisuits to feed herself . but e thing is although it says that it melts in your baby mouth but i still eliminate e fact that she will stuff 1 too many n evetually choke even before e bisuite melt ????????? any experiences to share ?????? there is also those soft biscuits somethig like those "want want " kind that will just break when you bit too hard those kind o baby bisuits can give ?????
ur bb is alrdy 10mth old right? since she is alrdy 10mth old, i dun think u shd wry tt those biscuit will choke her. true, bb might get choked by biscuits. but u also have to let her have the chance to 'learn' how to eat those bb biscuits.

i can tell u, those bb biscuit and star puff wont melt immediately aft putting into their mouth, esp the baby bites biscuits. baby bites biscuit nd them to chew abit, which allows them to 'learn' chewing on such textures..

for ds, he like to stuff the remaining mall piece, and sometimes BIG piece of biscuit into his mouth. but whenever he is having his biscuits, i will be observing him. and when he stuff too big piece into his mouth i will tell him "NO!!".. soon they will understand.. sometimes he did get choked but aft tt he dun dare to stuff such big piece biscuit into his mouth anymore.

my point here is, adult(s) has to be ard when a bb is eating. no matter hw skillful he/she is.. u can take the time to guide her on eating biscuits. afterall biscuits and porridge/cereal has diffe texture. let her 'explore' and enjoy food from diffe textures =)

diymummy

Well, babies were always meant to be supervised when they learn how to pop things into their mouths to prevent choking so I don't think your child will choke if you're watching over her.

My son only learnt to chew at 13 mths. When he was 9 mths, we started introducing Gerber puffs, baby bites and teething rusks. My son never took on to teething rusks. He would gag on the puffs but after a while, he learnt that chewing it would help him swallow better.

Since she can already chew on teething rusks, I don't see why or how she would choke on Gerber puffs. By taking away the shortened teething rusks, you're not allowing her to learn to somehow feed herself.

I would avoid biscuits like wang wang at all costs. It's loaded with lots of sodium and MSG.

JazN

i think the wang wang biscuits pink kitty mentions is baby bites? I particularly don't like Heinz teething rusk cos when i bought a pack at the zoo other time I COULD NOT break it at all. Hubby took a hard bite & nearly choke on it. Thus I don't see why pink kitty should worry on trying other biscuits.

Yes, other mummies are right. All food given to your baby needs to be supervised while baby eats.

apollo

i think the wang wang biscuits pink kitty mentions is baby bites? I particularly dont't like Heinz teething rusk cos when i bought a pack at the zoo other time I COULD NOT break it at all. Hubby took a hard bite & nearly choke on it. Thus I dont't see why pink kitty should worry on trying other biscuits.

Yes, other mummies are right. All food given to your baby needs to be supervised while baby eats.
ehh actu teething rusk is suppose to be HARD. cos it is to let bb who is teething to 'chew' and bite on it to ease the teething pain. =)

hakisumi

abt 7 mths i give the gerber puffs..its v soft n melt in the mouth..
i give the baby bites but to ham now is no taste so he dun wan
the pigeon "wan-zai-xiao-man-tou" lookalike, also v soft
the heniz round rusk also v nice..
he like the heinz apple/ chocolate..now..

i think most of the biscuit touch saliva melts aldy...but if u beside n u know her pattern shldnt b a big prb

but those teething super duper hard rusk.. i bght ham dunn like..

felicity

My baby has been chewing on Heinz teething rusks and finished at least 4 boxes.. It is hard so it won't break easily and choke the baby and she's been biting on them from 7 months to 1 year old. She also had gerber puffs... Dun rem when started but she can grip with her fingers and self feed very well for past 2-3 months (she's just turned 12 mths now).. So for 10 mths old I dun think it's a problem. But yes, please supervise, don't expect to just leave tonnes of puff and let baby self entertain. If you want baby to self entertain, give baby something safe like a Sophie giraffe teether instead.

patsie

I actually gave my 7mth DD HappyBaby Organic Puffs

Thu its somewhat similar 2 wang wang but I find its not as sweet as wang....

N thu its small.... I notice dat she does kinda chew whenever I put in inside her mouth...