Teething?

lyra

[h=6]My baby is 4 month old and these few days started becoming very cranky, drooling a lot and sometimes put four or more fingers into his mouth. When he was playing with my hands, I realized he's biting it, I can feel his gums, not only just sucking. Could he be teething? His screams are driving me nuts![/h]

marshmallows

It's possible though most babies start teething at around 7 months old. There are some really early teethers. My boy's first tooth cut through at 5.5 months but he was really getting very cranky and drooling alot like 3-4 months onwards. Drove me crazy too. Could be teething or just a phase they go through. Hang on there! :)

Lostkitty

Hi, my girl who is almost coming to 4 months have being putting her fingers into her mouth and drooling alot too. She don't appear cranky n so is my girl really teething?

How to know whether she is teething? by her behaviour?

marshmallows

Actually I noticed a trend in my boy when his tooth is about to cut through. Other than drooling alot, will refuse milk or drink much lesser than normal, and frequent wakings, fussing, crying in the night esp for bigger tooth like the molar. Can try teething gel, works for my boy sometimes. Some babies may get looser than usual stools too becos swallowed too much saliva, but I hardly notice this symptom for my boy.

lyra

I guess it's a phase bb goes through. Yup he will refuse to nurse at times. I gave him a teether but he frowned n spit it out, preferring to stuff 4 fingers into his mouth instead. I put him to bed for naps before he's cranky n that helps a bit. At least if he's not too tired, he won't scream a lot. My neighbour's must b wondering why this bb must scream n cry for 1 hr every night... Sounds like I'm torturing him.