Telling Your Kid to Buy Things

tommyBoi

Alpha Male
I did once for my son recently.. he is 7 yrs old.

My wife gave him $5 and told him to go and buy a bread. I was hiding downstair without his knowing. This is the first time he went out alone to buy thing. On the way, I will follow behind him without his knowing. You will see how ur kids behave when he/she is alone.... haha.

He was very excited, along the way, he didnt go straight to the bread's shop. He will stop at the Games Shop, looking at the new games. After that he went to ntuc and look at the toys. In the end he will then go to the Bread Shop and bought a bread.

This is quite fun and cute when u c what ur kids will be doing when we r not around. But u must be really keep an eye on them, do not lost sight of him/her. :tlaugh:

Last edited:

Carol

I did once for my son recently.. he is 7 yrs old.

My wife give him $5 and told him to go and buy a bread. I was hiding downstair without his knowing. This is the first time he went out alone to buy thing. On the way, I will follow behind him without his knowing. You will see how ur kids behave when he/she is alone.... haha.

He was very excited, along the way, he didnt go straight to the bread's shop. He will stop at the Games Shop, looking at the new games. After that he went to ntuc and look at the toys. In the end he will then go to the Bread Shop and bought a bread.

This is quite fun and cute when u c what ur kids will be doing when we r not around. But u must be really keep an eye on them, do not lost sight of him/her. :tlaugh:

Lol. That's so cute. I remember when I was 5, my mum gave me $2 to get candy for myself. In the end I came home without change cos I dun know what's change then. Lol !

M

^Mami_Jazz^

My boi 4 yo i alr ask him go & buy bread himself :tlaugh:
There is a breadstall in Serangoon garden Food ctr, while i eat my food,
i'll ask him go & buy his bread .... i will monitor the way he approach fm far, he will walk pass many tables & see wat ppl are eating then play with the birds if there r birds ard & walk to the bread stall to buy his fav hotdog bread .... when he is Queing to the buy bread, ppl alway cut his Q or the seller d nt notice him so he will hv to Q there until no more Q then the seller notice tat the lil boi is there to buy bread. Now at 5, the seller alr know wat he wants :tlaugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
wow..

Maybe I shd do the same for my K2 dd...
give her money to go downstairs to buy bread or something and get daddy to tail her.
But there are roads to be crossed...how?

M

^Mami_Jazz^

wow..

give her money to go downstairs to buy bread or something and get daddy to tail her.
Bring her across first then say BYE to her :tlaugh:

tommyBoi

Alpha Male
wow..

hmm.. she know how to get the change rite? She know how to cross the road? if not, better dont try.. :001_302:

currently teaching her the concept of money.

as for crossing the road, if there is traffic light, i am sure she has no problem. we have trained her to cross only when it is a green man.
but those without, don't think she can.

Now, we usually go to the coffeshop together. Then dh send her off to the nearby bakery to get her bao. (nearby = next to coffeshop)

`julee

thats a good idea... i will try it wen she understands.
dh more "cruel" to her though. he will ask her to throw his rubbish into the bin which is located far away. and he will ask me to watch and not help. she tried to find which one is the bin but got confused wen my dh said "throw!" so she threw on the floor. dh took her hand, showed her the bin and asked her to throw.
after a few minutes, dh tested her again and this time she did it correctly.. :)

vion

I started training my dds by asking them to get things for me. For eg, when we go to fast food outlets, I'll ask them to get napkins, pastic bags or sauces for me. In coffeeshops, will ask them to get forks for themselves from one of the stalls.

After they r comfortable with the "ask for wat u wan" approach then i gv them $ to buy newspaper or bread or drinks on their own. So far did not try to let them go out alone cos need to cross the road de.