Tennis or Akido?

edy

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone send their kids for Tennis or Akido lesson?

My son is 3 years old now and i am thinking to enroll for tennis or akido (maybe too young) ... he is super into fighting ... i am wondering why :tlaugh:

Please share your experience :)

stonston

So far for 3yo I've only found Tae Kwan Do & Silat classes in terms of 'fighting'. But my boy is not into fighting, he's more into ball games.

autumn82

Yeah, Akido is for those age 5 and above. I was looking for a class for Belle last year too.. :x

Don't ask me why I want a gal to learn that. :tlaugh:

stonston

Girls need to learn it for self-defence. If I have a girl, I sure send her to some form or martial arts class too.

CanCanMum

Baber sometimes like to use his school bag as a sand bag :p for fighting.....Grrrrr....

Coz his dad likes to watch those fighting movies sometimes he also watched and learn.....:p

But for self defence i would want to let him learn Tae Kwon Do next time......hehehee.....mebbe 5 years old and older.

Basically Baber is the kind who will stand stone when someone pinched or bully him, no fighting back.....but he will bully all of us at home, except his daddy laa.....timid kid :p

BTW wads Aikido???? Izzit He Qi Dao in chinese????

binguh

Alpha Male
Actually, in most self defence classes, the most important lesson is how to run away fast.
Young children and ladies should learn this very important skill!

PinkDiamonds

Most of the "fighting" classes I've seen like taekwando, akido, etc, min age is 5 yrs old. Can probably start with tennis if he has the gift for it.

venusstephen

Aikido is a non-aggressive martial art. The fundamental principles of Aikido does not encourage self-defense at any cost. Aikido does not encourage children to imitate the Power Rangers or hands and feet Ninja Turtles of his friends, brothers and sisters, dogs and cats. Aikido techniques when someone else starts to break the rules such attacks. Aikido teaches kids that fighting is a last resort to resolve conflicts.

weightp

Alpha Male
Aikido is a non-aggressive martial art. The fundamental principles of Aikido does not encourage self-defense at any cost. Aikido does not encourage children to imitate the Power Rangers or hands and feet Ninja Turtles of his friends, brothers and sisters, dogs and cats. Aikido techniques when someone else starts to break the rules such attacks. Aikido teaches kids that fighting is a last resort to resolve conflicts.
judo look fine too.. not much fighting alot gripping and turning someone over. good for close self defence.