Terrible supermarket behaviour

jal

Over the long weekend, I was at NTUC shopping for groceries. At the fruit section, I saw an auntie in her early 50s OPENING A BOX OF CHAMPAGNE GRAPES & PUTTING ONE INTO HER MOUTH TO TEST IT & THEN CLOSE THE BOX & WALK AWAY!!! Oh my gosh! Is testing allowed? If she had decided to buy the grapes & put that box into her basket, it would have been a different story! But to walk away like that??? In the first place, she should not have tried to test it. I gave her a dirty look & she looked at me with a "So what?" kind of expression!!! Hello auntie! You are sala already lor! Sooo... inconsiderate!!!

What other kinds of terrible supermarket behaviour have you encountered???

CanCanMum

1) squeeze the fishes to "test" if its fresh? ===> culprits are the aunties normally

2) take something and in the end changed their mind, and left it anywhere on anyplace, be it perishable goods or not, not their concern

3) squeeze the potato chips to crash them into bits lols~~~

anyway nowadays all got CCTV, hard to siamz :001_302:

fazlin7

Looking at some groceries and they park/place their trolley in the middle of the world. Nobody can pass through. As if only they are the only one shopping.......

jal

Looking at some groceries and they park/place their trolley in the middle of the world. Nobody can pass through. As if only they are the only one shopping.......
Yayaya! I have seen many of such inconsiderate people around! Not just aunties...

jal

1) squeeze the fishes to "test" if its fresh? ===> culprits are the aunties normally

2) take something and in the end changed their mind, and left it anywhere on anyplace, be it perishable goods or not, not their concern

3) squeeze the potato chips to crash them into bits lols~~~

anyway nowadays all got CCTV, hard to siamz :001_302:

I agree with no. 2. However, if the product is a perishable item like fresh fish or frozen food or chilled items, they should walk back to the shelf & put it back! And not pass to the cashier coz she is busy serving other people behind you. And who knows what time the perishable item will be placed back? By then, the quality may have deteriorated. If you are the one who happened to buy it later, how would you feel?

shermyn

add on one more.

standing in the middle of anywhere (be it corridor,entrance,pavement) talking to their dear auntie friends like nobody's business and cant "see" any incoming HUMANS !

blissfulen

there was once i was just going to a supermarket to get a chilled bottle of mineral water and realise the cap was not tight and it seems it has been drank a bit and put back

-jOanna

1) Saw 1 auntie opening many boxes of strawberries and choose all the good ones and put in 1 box then take the box of strawberries she chose..

2) Those aunties just pushing through everyone.. without saying excuse me.. that time pushed me also then i stare at her! she stare me back -.- she not pregnant before?

3) They take more than a FULL Basket of things and queue at the Express Queue >_< then I saw the NTUC girl face changed when saw her basket hahaha!

apollo

1) Saw 1 auntie opening many boxes of strawberries and choose all the good ones and put in 1 box then take the box of strawberries she chose..

2) Those aunties just pushing through everyone.. without saying excuse me.. that time pushed me also then i stare at her! she stare me back -.- she not pregnant before?

3) They take more than a FULL Basket of things and queue at the Express Queue >_< then I saw the NTUC girl face changed when saw her basket hahaha!
wow no.1 is damn terrible but no.2 is the worst!!! dont lik that maybe auntie really no preg before mah... haha!!!

i encounter aunties standing at the middle talking and comparing the prices, which brand better... i will just "EXCUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" haha!!!!!! if aft the LOUD excuse still didnt hear, i'll use the 'car' (trolley) bang them! HAHAHA!!!!!

apollo

add on one more.

standing in the middle of anywhere (be it corridor,entrance,pavement) talking to their dear auntie friends like nobody's business and cant "see" any incoming HUMANS !
me too always encounter this!!!

jal

WAH LAO EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is NOT PRC ok!!! Stupid auntie!

jal

Oh, forgot to add this. Some aunties simply LOVE to da pao a lot of clear plastic bags which are provided near the fruits & vegetables section so that they can take them home & use. There was 1 time a NTUC satff saw an auntie doing it & she said "Auntie, cannot do that!" That auntie kept quiet & CONTINUED TO FOLD ALL THE PLASTIC BAGS SHE HAD DA PAO...

jazz_sofia

this morning i just encountered this man buying fish at ntuc...he chose those big fish, then have it weigh, then when heard of price, he said: no, change to this..., then chose another big fish, had it weigh, then when heard of price, 'no, i change to this one'...then have another big fish again...this happend for like 5times....then said 'ok, never mind'...i thot he will not buy fish...then i gave my fish to have it weigh, and informed the ntuc guy that i want it cleaned...suddenly, this man beside me said: ok i chose this one...and had his fish weigh...then he told me:i go first ok, mine's a big one....whoah!.......the nerve!

-jOanna

this morning i just encountered this man buying fish at ntuc...he chose those big fish, then have it weigh, then when heard of price, he said: no, change to this..., then chose another big fish, had it weigh, then when heard of price, 'no, i change to this one'...then have another big fish again...this happend for like 5times....then said 'ok, never mind'...i thot he will not buy fish...then i gave my fish to have it weigh, and informed the ntuc guy that i want it cleaned...suddenly, this man beside me said: ok i chose this one...and had his fish weigh...then he told me:i go first ok, mine's a big one....whoah!.......the nerve!
Now singapore no more Gentlemen le hahaha!

~m3m~

What I cannot stand most are those who simply like to prick their nails into the fruits! Pls , if dont't know how to choose fruits dont't buy , poke and prick till the fruits full of 'scars' so 'mor beng' like that who still dare to buy! I always pity those fruits :eek:15:

Another thing. Many ppl said Singaporeans are very rude, do not give up seats to ppl who need it, no manners etc but I have seen many who are actually not locals although there do have a minority of them. :embarrassed:

jal

What I cannot stand most are those who simply like to prick their nails into the fruits! Pls , if dont't know how to choose fruits dont't buy , poke and prick till the fruits full of 'scars' so 'mor beng' like that who still dare to buy! I always pity those fruits :eek:15:

Another thing. Many ppl said Singaporeans are very rude, do not give up seats to ppl who need it, no manners etc but I have seen many who are actually not locals although there do have a minority of them. :embarrassed:
Ya I agree. That's why whenever I talk to my foreign friends living overseas, I dun go "You know Singaporeans are very xxx", instead I go "You know the people living here are xxx".

jal

There are some people who, after finishing their samples of food or drinks, will leave their cups & toothpicks on the shelves, instead of throwing them into the dustbin. Sure, there are hardly any dustbins at the aisles but surely they can throw their litter into the dustbin beside the promoter from whom they took the sample from???

CanCanMum

actually i find it fine coz normally those food samplers will ask for your cups/forks back and they will throw for u, unless u walk away and eat happily wif the free sample

last time i had a friend who is quite stingy, she said whenever she is hungry and wants to save $$$, she said she will walk into Taka during a saturday afternoon, walks round all those sampling corners and pick up wadever foods tat is offered to her, so once she walks one round, she is full oredi :001_302:

:p

-jOanna

actually i find it fine coz normally those food samplers will ask for your cups/forks back and they will throw for you, unless you walk away and eat happily with the free sample

last time i had a friend who is quite stingy, she said whenever she is hungry and wants to save $$$, she said she will walk into Taka during a saturday afternoon, walks round all those sampling corners and pick up wadever foods that is offered to her, so once she walks one round, she is full oredi :001_302:

:p
but she spent money travelling to taka :x