The BEST sliced fish soup!!!

jal

This stall at block 216 Bedok North Street 1 sells the BEST sliced fish soup as far as I know. (Near POSB & is the 3rd stall)

Why?

Because at $3.20 per bowl, you get LOTS of FRESH & THICK sliced fish!!!No exaggeration!
I have tried so many other stalls here & there, but I cannot find one that comes close to matching it.
Not only that, the soup is chock-a-ful with vegetables too! FRESH vegetables at that! Not those 'ai see mai see' kind you usually get when you order from other stores. And after finishing the soup, you will NOT find yourself thirsty, which goes to show that the flavour is enhanced by the ingredients inside, and NOT by using MSG or salt. For those of you who like healthy eating, this is it.
One bowl of rice costs 40 cents, so the overall price is very reasonable.

One thing to note though: There is always a lot of people waiting to eat the sliced fish soup everyday!!! Average waiting time is 20 mins on weekdays. However, if you sway sway, on that weekday there happen to be a big group of people who ordered 10 over bowls just before you, be prepared to wait for 30 mins! Average waiting time on weekends is 30 mins. The stall owners do not hire any assistant to help them. I suppose this is to cut down on the cost. And they work very fast too! One look at their movement & you will know. They dont even have time to drink water or go to the toilet! I have been there many times & this is what I observed. They work so fast yet you still have to wait so long! This just goes to show how popular their sliced fish soup is!

Next time when you are there, you must go "Auntie! Gei wo yi wan yu pian ta~~~ng!" (Gimme 1 bowl of sliced fish soup)

Last edited:

jal

Wow, sounds good.
will try one day
how do we get there if it is from Bedok Interchange?

You can walk there. It is about 10 mins walk. The food centre is just in front of POSB. The food centre is also near Shop N Save. You can also try asking passers-by where is block 216.

I forgot to add the name of the stall - Hougang Lee Chen Cooked Food.

I am not sure if the stall owners live in Hougang or their stall was originally in Hougang.

sushigal

I ever tried one sliced fish soup at Raffles Place which is super nice. Previously I was working around there, and I can 1 whole month just eat that for lunch every weekday.

Their fish is very fresh and soup is sweet and tasty. They are located at the market street multi storey carpark, then it moved to china square nearby.

It's been ard 3 yrs since then after moving to a neighbourhood office, so not too sure the stall is still there ma. I rem there is always a queue to buy their fish soup~!!! =9

Phoebii Cheng

Actually ION Orchard also has a fish soup stall that is not bad.....but a bit pricey though at S$5 per bowl.....

I also know another fish soup stall at holland hawker food centre, I go there every morning for breakfast, their fish soup is prepared differently frm most fish soup...not much veges but lots of fish only S$3 per bowl......the soup is also tasty in a different way

wenz

I ever tried one sliced fish soup at Raffles Place which is super nice. Previously I was working around there, and I can 1 whole month just eat that for lunch every weekday.

Their fish is very fresh and soup is sweet and tasty. They are located at the market street multi storey carpark, then it moved to china square nearby.

It's been around 3 yrs since then after moving to a neighbourhood office, so not too sure the stall is still there . I rem there is always a queue to buy their fish soup~!!! =9
i know which stall u refering to... really very nice.. i used to work opp the multi-storey carpark and had been eating the fish soup almost everyday...

Ting

is it the one at golden shoe car park?
if so, yup, very nice~
very qing dan, can eat daily.. :)
but by 1 pm plus they r sold out alr.
another one i think is not bad is at lucky plaza, level 2 i think? next to the ocbc bank.

lawla12

i love the slice fish soup @ Amoy.....2nd level.....

they use "tang wo" as the veg...i dun like the smell of it though its exp veg....

but horr....the owner abit "yaya" laaaa cos business is really very very good...dun really like their attitude lohhhh.......

its $5 per bowl (they use a oval shape heavy bowl) ........