Therapy at Special Schools- Cost & Subsidies

xiaochuan

Hi mummies,

I juz called SPD and was told the once a week EIPIC cost $500++ a month and twice a week program is $900+++

The threshold for subsidy is $1.5k per capita.. which is very low .. how to survive with a special needs child if this is the case?

Can anyone share with me how this works? Did u all get subsidy?

The amount is exclusive of transport. My goodness!

Angelmum

Hi mummies,

I just called SPD and was told the once a week EIPIC cost $500++ a month and twice a week program is $900+++
SPD stands for? Govt sch?
I believe govt sch such as Rainbow Centre is around $120-300/mth WITHOUT weekly therapies.

xiaochuan

SPD= Society for Physically Disabled.
Called them becos they are nearest to my home, then realised they are not govt subsidised.

Inclusive of therapies, how much are the fees at Rainbow? It's very far from my home but can definitely use as a gauge.

chloe.lim

Alpha Male
Called them becos they are nearest to my home, then realised they are not govt subsidised.

Inclusive of therapies, how much are the fees at Rainbow? It's very far from my home but can definitely use as a gauge.
Hi Xiaochuan,
You should contact DIRC (or something like that) it's a disability referral centre under MCYS..what happen for us was our doctor at nuh referred us.
And a social worker contacted us and interviewed, asking for info like income etc..they will then enroll you in a govt funded school with eipic..we chose awwa as near our home.. chloe is going 3 times a week classes with weekly PT/OT sessions & multisensory class.. as for fees..they charge accordingly to income level..MEANS testing..we have classmates paying 30-100 a month etc..so it's a very fair system lor
Please check it out cos early intervention did wonders for my chloe..

MYCS website with press release of DIRC's role as follow:
http://app.mcys.gov.sg/web/corp_press_story.asp?szMod=corp&szSubMod=press&qid=836

You should ring MCYS up and enquire...
Good Luck!
:)

Last edited:

xiaochuan

Hi Xiaochuan,
You should contact DIRC (or something like that) it's a disability referral centre under MCYS..what happen for us was our doctor at nuh referred us.
And a social worker contacted us and interviewed, asking for info like income etc..they will then enroll you in a govt funded school with eipic..we chose awwa as near our home.. chloe is going 3 times a week classes with weekly PT/OT sessions & multisensory class.. as for fees..they charge accordingly to income level..MEANS testing..we have classmates paying 30-100 a month etc..so it's a very fair system
Please check it out cos early intervention did wonders for my chloe..

MYCS website with press release of DIRC's role as follow:
Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports

You should ring MCYS up and enquire...
Good Luck!
:)
thanks Chloe's dad.
I finally got the referral from KKH. The MSW is now processing the paper work to be submitted to CEL.
Next week, we are going to visit a neuro surgeon to get a second opinion on her condition and explore if stem cell transplant is potential option for her. fyi, my gal has yet to show any response ... not crying, not swallowing and in slumber each day.:shyxxx:

Angelmum

Therapies depends on how strongly u request. Some kids hv weekly, some alternate, some group... teachers/therapist recommendation is impt too. Fees inclusive of therapies. RC also charge using means testing.

chloe.lim

Alpha Male
thanks Chloe's dad.
I finally got the referral from Kandang Kerbau Hospital. The MSW is now processing the paper work to be submitted to CEL.
Next week, we are going to visit a neuro surgeon to get a second opinion on her condition and explore if stem cell transplant is potential option for her. fyi, my gal has yet to show any response ... not crying, not swallowing and in slumber each day.:shyxxx:
hi xiao chuan,
good to hear that your papers are in process, do let us know on your journey with stem cell treatment, we've actually toyed with that idea on overseas stem cell treatments..but they all seem too good to be true and based on a web site it's too scary..anyway stay strong cos our daughter was just as bad in her early days..her eyes kept slanting towards top left or top right..but now at 4 she can focus! :)

xiaochuan

sure thing, i will post after i visit the doc on Thursday. We didnt store her cord blood, so it will have to be adult stem cell treatment.
I read from webby about treatment in China as well... sounds very good rite.

hi xiao chuan,
good to hear that your papers are in process, do let us know on your journey with stem cell treatment, we've actually toyed with that idea on overseas stem cell treatments..but they all seem too good to be true and based on a web site it's too scary..anyway stay strong cos our daughter was just as bad in her early days..her eyes kept slanting towards top left or top right..but now at 4 she can focus! :)