Thermal food jar

Gumi

No prob!

You can also try out ebay to look for Tiger Food Jars. I've seen people selling them there before. Or you can wait for Taka sales where the Jars go for way cheaper than what you can get now. Plus those they give you a free Tiger thermos flask for water. Or if you have Isetan card, you can wait for their private sales. The last private Isetan sale, the Tiger 0.7L food jar was only going for $39.90 and the usual price is $69.90!!
Hi diymummy
Can I ask you, does your food jar comes with any compartment coz im quite confused with those designs?
Actually I wanted something simple, i wanted something that can contain porridge or soups and can keep warm maybe for about 6 hours?
Thanks again for your kind advise.

diymummy

Hi diymummy
Can I ask you, does your food jar comes with any compartment coz im quite confused with those designs?
Actually I wanted something simple, i wanted something that can contain porridge or soups and can keep warm maybe for about 6 hours?
Thanks again for your kind advise.
Hi Gumi,

There're 2 types of Jars to store food by Tiger, Zojirushi and Thermos. Ones is lunch jar and one is food jar. The food jars only have one compartment. Lunch jars has a few lunch boxes. From what I have been hearing, food jars keep the food hot for longer compared to lunch jars. Though at a certain point, you need to "upgrade" to a lunch jar because your kid will be starting to eat more solid foods with dishes instead of just porridge.

Food jar pic:

MCW-P -Food Jar- | Lunch Boxes & Food Jars | TIGER CORPORATION

Lunch jar/box pic:

Lunch Boxes & Food Jars | TIGER CORPORATION

Gumi

Hi Gumi,

There're 2 types of Jars to store food by Tiger, Zojirushi and Thermos. Ones is lunch jar and one is food jar. The food jars only have one compartment. Lunch jars has a few lunch boxes. From what I have been hearing, food jars keep the food hot for longer compared to lunch jars. Though at a certain point, you need to "upgrade" to a lunch jar because your kid will be starting to eat more solid foods with dishes instead of just porridge.

Food jar pic:

MCW-P -Food Jar- | Lunch Boxes & Food Jars | TIGER CORPORATION

Lunch jar/box pic:

Lunch Boxes & Food Jars | TIGER CORPORATION
Got it diymummy...thanks for the advise :biggrin:

faith

Hi mummies,

Thks 4 all the advices & comments. Can someone advise whether the food can b fed directly fm thermo foogo food jar? Tt means dun hv 2 pour out before feeding..understand tt tiger food jar needs 2 pour out the food before feeding. And tiger food jar more bulky too. Is thermo food jar bulky?

apollo

Hi mummies,

Thks 4 all the advices & comments. Can someone advise whether the food can b fed directly fm thermo foogo food jar? that means dont have 2 pour out before feeding..understand that tiger food jar needs 2 pour out the food before feeding. And tiger food jar more bulky too. Is thermo food jar bulky?
usually i will scoop out, use a tablespn to scoop out 2 tablespoon each time. cos i'm afriad ds will reject the porridge and if feed directly the porridge inside the jag will contain saliva and most imptly, i'm afriad it will be too hot for hjim, so just scoop abit out at a time =)

annie

im using zojirushi bento set but it dosent do a gd job at keeping porridge warm.. even after 2-3hrs i open it, its not very warm already...not cold but i wont consider it warm...

i feed direct from the jar

Last edited:

Gumi

Hi mummies

Back to this topic again.

Ive just bought the lunch jar, but I wanted to ask, can we use those normal detergent to wash the stainless steel container that is used to contain the rice/porridge? TIA.

diymummy

Hi Gumi,

Yes.. I use the normal soap detergent. You want to play safe, you use the baby dishwashing detergent. Then air dry before closing back to keep

apollo

Hi mummies

Back to this topic again.

Ive just bought the lunch jar, but I wanted to ask, can we use those normal detergent to wash the stainless steel container that is used to contain the rice/porridge? TIA.
can, no pro at all. but try not to use the rough side of the sponge to 'scrub' the container, use the 'smooth' side in order not to 'spoil' it =)

shuna

Hello,

I have this zojirushi lunch jar, but only the main jar can keep food warm and the other 2 side containers cannot.

If I were to store rice in the main jar, my dishes store in the side containers will definitely turn cold.

Anyone has something similar and what food do you normally pack inside for your kids??

thanks!

annie

i have exactly what u have! lol. also in the same colour.. i dun really like it as even the thermal container dosent really keep the food warm imo.. does it work for u? it does keep my food from getting cold so soon but then even after 2-3hrs, i open the jar.. the food inside is already almost room temp...a bit dissappointed with it. i had sent it back for service and they sent me a new one but still the same problem..

for me, i cook her porridge with ingredients together so i just put all into the thermal container. i dun use the other 2 small tupperware at all. sometimes i just put her snacks (cookies etc) inside..if i cook rice then i will pre mix the ingredients into the rice n put inside.. i dun really use it nowadays as she is already taking outside food.. so when we are out, she will just eat what we eat there.

shuna

i have exactly what you have! lol. also in the same colour.. i dont really like it as even the thermal container dosent really keep the food warm imo.. does it work for you? it does keep my food from getting cold so soon but then even after 2-3hrs, i open the jar.. the food inside is already almost room temp...a bit dissappointed with it. i had sent it back for service and they sent me a new one but still the same problem..

for me, i cook her porridge with ingredients together so i just put all into the thermal container. i dont use the other 2 small tupperware at all. sometimes i just put her snacks (cookies etc) inside..if i cook rice then i will pre mix the ingredients into the rice n put inside.. i dont really use it nowadays as she is already taking outside food.. so when we are out, she will just eat what we eat there.
Ya.. when I store porridge and open it to feed my girl after 3+ hours, the porridge is just luke warm and not hot anymore.
I also seldom use the 2 small containers, same as you, sometimes I use it to store her snacks (cookies). Seems that this lunch jar is not very useful.

may i know how old is your girl? :)

annie

yeah.. i have frens using tiger and they say even after 5hrs or so, when they open, there is steam coming out! thus im a bit dissappointed when i got this... my girl is now 18.5mths (see my ticker below) hee:001_302:

camom

yeah.. i have friends using tiger and they say even after 5hrs or so, when they open, there is steam coming out! thus im a bit dissappointed when i got this... my girl is now 18.5mths (see my ticker below) hee:001_302:
Actually I find this one is not meant for keeping food warm. My ex boss who is a Jap brought something like this everyday for his lunch but it always looked like cold food.

There's another type that has its compartments contained within a thermal flask type. That one is better at keeping food warm, something like below. Mine is the Zojirushi

Attachments

Last edited:

shuna

ya i think the bento is for Japanese who likes to eat cold food (sushi, soba, etc). So the lunch jar is good for them.
But for us, as we prefer hot food, this is perhaps not very useful.
I bought it because it looks nice. :p

For the 3-tier, yes, they can keep the food hot inside as all containers are in the thermal jar. :)