Things to bring for hospital stay & delivery - WHAT TO PACK LIST

Verona's

Re: What to bring to hospital ( Gleneagles ) ?

wowowow... all your babies so cute ! make me so yearn to see my own soon! :)
she will be cute too haha , for now i only hoped that my baby's head has turn ! I hoped your little one will want to come out , been a week already right ? Jiayou ! :)

camom

I know they will teach us or something , is that when we going to discharge ? :)
No, this one is additional. They just want to make sure you are comfortable to change bb, esp 1st time parents.

Did you go for antenatal classes? There are parentcraft classes conducted in GlenE for new parents, just a refresher of what you wld have been taught in antenatal classes. The class schedule wld have been posted in the wards, else you can check with the nurses.

All the best!

iwan2noe

re: Things to bring for hospital stay & delivery - WHAT TO PACK LIST

:red:
Add on to Cheng list:

- maternity/nursing bras- breast Pads
nipple creams in case will sore
- disposable panties or daily wear panties (of larger size or maternity one)
disaposable is better, change and throw,
- open button dressing gown (easier for breastfeeding)
encouraged, the open button best is full buttons or at least half the clothe is button, not those 2-4 buttons one. . .
- going home clothes
- sweater/long bottoms
- sock
- sanitary pads
- comfortable shoes
- comb,hairband
- nursing Pillow (if you have, otherwise use hospital pillows will do)
- towel (if you want to wipe your body)
- powder

Others:
- camera/video cam
- Charger for HP and camera
- documents to claim for Medisave
best is all receipts to be kept in a clear folder. Your dear husband can just pass the whole file to the officer who will do the necessary.
- cord blood kit (if you sign up for that)

Notes:
1) Remember to ask your mum/inlaw to prepare the red dates tea for you.
Cos once delivery, try not to drink too much plain water.
best is not to drink any plain water, ask for milo if no one boil red dates tea.

2) Some of the website will suggest toiletries- but no point for us cos we cannot bath mah.
bring toothbrush/toothpaste/face towel and facial foam

3) Some hospital will provide baby clothes and blanket, so do check with the nurse 1st.
1 set of clothes for baby to wear home, 1 pair of mittens and booties, 1 pc of swaddle (I brought that even thought Thomson Medical Center provided, but I wanted my son to wear home the first piece of clothe bot by his parents. ;)
Hi January84,

"encouraged, the open button best is full buttons or at least half the clothe is button, not those 2-4 buttons "

Thanks so much !

What is do u mean by "2-4 buttons one" ?one. . .

iwan2noe

One more thing to add. You and your hubby's ics and marriage cert for birth cert registration, and a photocopy of you or your hubby's bank book/statement for application of baby bonus
Hi dodotan,

do we need to bring the original marriage cert?
or juz a duplicate copy will do ?

diymummy

you mean they would take them off to check on baby ? or else why lost ar :err:Very afraid , only if baby will stay with me all the while hehe !
They'd have to take them off when the baby showers or do phototheraphy if have jaundice...

Verona's

They'd have to take them off when the baby showers or do phototheraphy if have jaundice...

Okay , thanks ! Anyway , do they give us the bath tub they used ? Heard from relatives as she just gave birth , she got back the tub but she gave birth in Mt.A , Does glenE give us ? :) haven got her the bath tub , & she asked us not to buy ..

diymummy

Ya... I also heard Mt A gives... But GlenE doesn't.... Nothing from GlenE... :(

I only got 2 packs sample diaper from Drypers, 1 oversized Similac bear bear T-shirt, 1 GlenE backpack and a lot of flyers.

Verona's

I only got 2 packs sample diaper from Drypers, 1 oversized Similac bear bear T-shirt, 1 GlenE backpack and a lot of flyers.
:( then i gonna get a tub for her already ..
hopefully their services are good can already hehe ! Thanks yeah ! :)

camom

U still have the tshirt, i didn't get :(

sharonk

One more thing to add. You and your hubby's ics and marriage cert for birth cert registration, and a photocopy of you or your hubby's bank book/statement for application of baby bonus
What it mean by bankbook statement? the latest statement that POSB that always sent to us monthly if we nvr update the bankbook?
Either one of us bankbook right?

ncool88

Hi, any special disaposable panty available in market for post-natal mummy?

Add on to Cheng list:

- maternity/nursing bras- breast Pads
nipple creams in case will sore
- disposable panties or daily wear panties (of larger size or maternity one)
disaposable is better, change and throw,
- open button dressing gown (easier for breastfeeding)
encouraged, the open button best is full buttons or at least half the clothe is button, not those 2-4 buttons one. . .
- going home clothes
- sweater/long bottoms
- sock
- sanitary pads
- comfortable shoes
- comb,hairband
- nursing Pillow (if you have, otherwise use hospital pillows will do)
- towel (if you want to wipe your body)
- powder

Others:
- camera/video cam
- Charger for HP and camera
- documents to claim for Medisave
best is all receipts to be kept in a clear folder. Your dear husband can just pass the whole file to the officer who will do the necessary.
- cord blood kit (if you sign up for that)

Notes:
1) Remember to ask your mum/inlaw to prepare the red dates tea for you.
Cos once delivery, try not to drink too much plain water.
best is not to drink any plain water, ask for milo if no one boil red dates tea.

2) Some of the website will suggest toiletries- but no point for us cos we cannot bath mah.
bring toothbrush/toothpaste/face towel and facial foam

3) Some hospital will provide baby clothes and blanket, so do check with the nurse 1st.
1 set of clothes for baby to wear home, 1 pair of mittens and booties, 1 pc of swaddle (I brought that even thought Thomson Medical Center provided, but I wanted my son to wear home the first piece of clothe bot by his parents. ;)

Piggy08

Hi ladies, where can I get the clothings with front openings? Btw, anyone gave birth at Raffles hospital? Do u knw what are the thgs they allow us to bring back?

LittleWorm

Hi hi I'm new to this thread and mom to be at 38 weeks. Just like to share on disposable panties, you can try the brand Impression or Sorella cotton disposable panties. Was told by the promoter that for post birth use, need not get the maternity type, just need to get "For Lady" type selling 5pcs for $4. Cotton type is more comfortable n lasting than the normal paper disposable panties.

Hope this helps.:tlaugh: