Things to bring for hospital stay & delivery - WHAT TO PACK LIST

PinkDiamonds

Re: So.. what to pack for Thomson Medical Hospital Bag?

I packed my bag around 35 weeks too. Which I thought was quite last minute as a lot of pregnancy books would recommend you to already have the bag prepared once you are in 3rd trimester.

My neighbour brought a luggage and I thought it was quite funny and "kiasu". Then I realized that would have been a much easier option for the both of us.

Although I brought 2 sets of clothes for my stay, I ended up using only one. First night I wore it, then changed to the hospital gown for delivery, and changed back to it after delivery.

I also went to the hospital in nursing clothes, so that I can also wear them back when I discharge instead of bringing a separate set of clothes.

See, all these things I did to reduce my load home, but still brought back so many "barang-barang"!!!

I brought magazines over and my ipod, but end up never really used as I slept most of the time.

v_ni

does anyone bring their breastfeeding pillow to the hospital? 1st time mummy here....but the pillow is so bulky!

PinkDiamonds

I used the hospital pillow to support my breastfeeding. just sit up with ur legs crossed n put the pillow on. in fact i dun even use a breastfeeding pillow :)

izanyzam

looks like you should start packing now ! hehehe

i'm 35wks plus and started packing slowly ....abit here abit there. last to pack are my 2 pillows! oh, remember to bring a nursing bra if BF-ing. And i'm definately packing my snacks and sweets, hehehe:tlaugh:
*runs around the room*....ALamakkkk...I havent packed a single thing..havent even taken out which bag i wanna pack my stuff in..!!! I still havent bought any nightgown or nursing bras as im still on my 1week bedrest MC...!!! :err: Does anybody know where to get plus sized nursing bras or nightgowns in the East..?? Im staying in Simei by the way..

Feliz

*runs around the room*....ALamakkkk...I havent packed a single thing..havent even taken out which bag i wanna pack my stuff in..!!! I still havent bought any nightgown or nursing bras as im still on my 1week bedrest MC...!!! :err: Does anybody know where to get plus sized nursing bras or nightgowns in the East..?? Im staying in Simei by the way..

Izanyzam, i think i not gonna buy nursing bra leh cos like not come in handy leh.. think go braless can or not uh?? more comfortable leh..:tlaugh:

izanyzam

Izanyzam, i think i not gonna buy nursing bra cos like not come in handy .. think go braless can or not uh?? more comfortable ..:tlaugh:
BRA-LESS...??? WOHHOOOOO...U go girl...!! If ure up for it,why not...But it would be embarassing if your visitors could see your n*pples sticking out under your robe...Heehehehe... :shyxxx:

Seriously...I havent bought anything yet for my hospital stay...Stuff like my gown...maternity pads...disposable panties...etc...!!!:eek::eek:

Feliz

BRA-LESS...??? WOHHOOOOO...you go girl...!! If ure up for it,why not...But it would be embarassing if your visitors could see your n*pples sticking out under your robe...Heehehehe... :shyxxx:

Seriously...I havent bought anything yet for my hospital stay...Stuff like my gown...maternity pads...disposable panties...etc...!!!:eek::eek:
LOL!! can use e nipple tape.. I don really like wearing bra, like so uncomfortable leh, mayb wil wear bikini top.. :001_302: i also haven complete my hosp things.. i tot of buying normal sanitary pads(those xtra long) instead of maternity pads cos heard frm afew mummies that sanitary pads wil be more comfortable.. n for disposable panties i bought at watson alr..

izanyzam

LOL!! can use e nipple tape.. I dont really like wearing bra, like so uncomfortable , mayb wil wear bikini top.. :001_302: i also have not complete my hospital things.. i thought of buying normal sanitary pads(those xtra long) instead of maternity pads cos heard frm afew mummies that sanitary pads wil be more comfortable.. n for disposable panties i bought at watson already..
Hi felzdown...As im of the bigger size...Wats the largest size Watsons have for their disposable panties?? And how much do they cost?

PinkDiamonds

Hi mummies, here is my advice:

1. You can just wear normal sanitary pads (buy those extra long, night-time ones) to use. Maternity pads are about the same, just thicker I think. I hate thick pads so maternity pads were definitely very uncomfortable for me. Once we were discharged, I went home and switched back to sanitary pads.

2. Please invest in nursing bras with good support. The reason being that BFing will cause your breasts to sag, so good support is very important to keep the breasts up. Nursing bras also make BFing convenient as you can just unclip with 1 hand and fold down the cup to feed.
Some mummies believe that wearing underwire bras will cause blocked ducts. This is your personal choice. However, I wear underwire bras in the daytime whenever I go out for support as I'm quite big, and at night I switch to those w/o wire. So far I have had NO problems with blocked ducts AT ALL.

3. Have you tried those neighbourhood shops that sell pajamas? If not, you can just wear a big t-shirt, and no choice have to pull it up when nursing. As for bras, I am wearing a D cup and I bought them from Moms in Mind. If you are bigger than that, might have to buy online from overseas website, or check out Marks & Spencer.

If you can't get your items yet, maybe can try to improvise and set them aside first? Then if you can find them whenever you go out you can replace them. What I did was write down a list of items I need to bring to the hospital, and gave it to my hubby. Just in case I didn't pack my bag on time.

Hope this helps everyone!

izanyzam

Hi mummies, here is my advice:

1. You can just wear normal sanitary pads (buy those extra long, night-time ones) to use. Maternity pads are about the same, just thicker I think. I hate thick pads so maternity pads were definitely very uncomfortable for me. Once we were discharged, I went home and switched back to sanitary pads.

2. Please invest in nursing bras with good support. The reason being that BFing will cause your breasts to sag, so good support is very important to keep the breasts up. Nursing bras also make BFing convenient as you can just unclip with 1 hand and fold down the cup to feed.
Some mummies believe that wearing underwire bras will cause blocked ducts. This is your personal choice. However, I wear underwire bras in the daytime whenever I go out for support as I'm quite big, and at night I switch to those w/o wire. So far I have had NO problems with blocked ducts AT ALL.

3. Have you tried those neighbourhood shops that sell pajamas? If not, you can just wear a big t-shirt, and no choice have to pull it up when nursing. As for bras, I am wearing a D cup and I bought them from Moms in Mind. If you are bigger than that, might have to buy online from overseas website, or check out Marks & Spencer.

If you can't get your items yet, maybe can try to improvise and set them aside first? Then if you can find them whenever you go out you can replace them. What I did was write down a list of items I need to bring to the hospital, and gave it to my hubby. Just in case I didn't pack my bag on time.

Hope this helps everyone!
Hi Pinkdiamonds...Thanks sooo much for shaing your thoughts....!!! Now i think im a bit more mentally prepared and know what to set aside to pack for my bag...!!! :001_302:

Feliz

Hi felzdown...As im of the bigger size...Wats the largest size Watsons have for their disposable panties?? And how much do they cost?

I bought it at $1.95 a pack of 7.. i think biggest XL or mayb even XXL.. :001_302:

JessYen

Hubby went shpg yesterday for me as I cant walk too much nw.... He bought 2 cheap nursing bra @ Tampines for me to bring to hospital.... $9.90 each those no wire support one... Maternity Pad fr JB & Open-Front Pyjamas fr previous preggie.... 6 yrs ago liao.... still in quite new conditions cos i seldom wear... :err:

hueychye79

Hi all

I just discharge from TMC at 23.10.09

Notice that bring too much thing, in the end no chance to use.

Just prepare the cloths when you discharge, baby cloths (hospital will provide when discharge), pad and disposable panty..

TMC provide the shampoo, bath soap, comb and a small tower.

Laptop..

I think that should be enough for 2 day stay...

izanyzam

Hubby went shpg yesterday for me as I cant walk too much now.... He bought 2 cheap nursing bra @ Tampines for me to bring to hospital.... $9.90 each those no wire support one... Maternity Pad fr JB & Open-Front Pyjamas fr previous preggie.... 6 yrs ago .... still in quite new conditions cos i seldom wear... :err:
Hi JessYen...the nursing bras sounds cheap...Where exactly in Tampines did your hubby bought them from??

izanyzam

Hi all

I just discharge from Thomson Medical Center at 23.10.09

Notice that bring too much thing, in the end no chance to use.

Just prepare the cloths when you discharge, baby cloths (hospital will provide when discharge), pad and disposable panty..

Thomson Medical Center provide the shampoo, bath soap, comb and a small tower.

Laptop..

I think that should be enough for 2 day stay...
Hi hueychye...Thanks for sharing the info...!!! I did my shopping at this neighbourhood shop at Bedok interchange...I bought 2 packs of the disposable panties ($4.50 for a pack of 7)...A nursing bra and a pair of 2-pc pyjamas and a pair of knee length button front pyjamas..Now all i need to buy are my maternity pads..!!! :001_302:

JessYen

Hi JessYen...the nursing bras sounds cheap...Where exactly in Tampines did your hubby bought them from??
Hubby says its the hdb shop opp tampines 1 blk 503 corner shop where there is a shop tat sells bra and panties... He just walk in and ask the shopkeeper....

izanyzam

Hubby says its the hdb shop opp tampines 1 blk 503 corner shop where there is a shop that sells bra and panties... He just walk in and ask the shopkeeper....
Hi JessYen...Thanks for sharing the info...Will go check it out one of these days..!! :001_302:

iwan2noe

hi hi dear all,

I will be delivery in Thomson next year and i saw from their hospital guide under "Pre-Admission" section the list of things to bring.

here's the list.

What to bring for your stay:
  1. Bedroom slipperys
  2. cardigan or dressing gowns
  3. Maternity brassieres (optional)
  4. Personal nightgowns (front-opne type for easier breastfeeding)
  5. polythene bags (for your soiled linen) - Basically just some plastic bags :)
  6. sanitary belt (optional) - What's that ar?? any idea, mummies?
  7. sanitary towels (optional)
What will be provided for your baby:
  1. a baby bag
  2. a pair of mittens
  3. baby vests
  4. disposal diapers
  5. toiltries
  6. wrapping blanket.
Do not bring clothing for ur baby when u check in for ur admission. It is a myth that if u bring it along with u when u go for delivery, ur bb will be admitted. Get ur hubby to bring the set of clothes when u and baby are discharging :)

Hope this list help. But i think u need other items. The list above are all those basic essentials. No need to bring basic toiletries thru'out your stay as they will be provided. You may like to bring along ur personal clothing, cosmestics and other toiletries for a more comfortable stay.

Note : u r advise against bringing large sums of cash or valuables..