Things to bring for hospital stay & delivery - WHAT TO PACK LIST

feathers

In case if baby doesn't latch properly or too sleepy, pumping helps the milk to come in faster so its good to bring. =)

Ekari

for my 1st childbirth... i just packed the barest minimum into my hospital bag... i literally brought exactly those things in my own list... already quite bulky... some more, my hubby also suggested bringing along chicken essence :eek:11::eek:15:

during hospital stay... i used every single one of them i packed... none was redundant... except for the diapers, baby vest, swaddling cloth and bath towel... :eek:16::p because i realized my hospital did provide those items for newborn, including baby wet wipes and bath towel

i chose private-class ward (due to need for privacy)... noticed they got give mini toiletries set of comb, face towel, shower cap and toothbrush kit in a pouch... but can bring home after use

different hospitals vary individually... so may provide different things for toiletries, if you opt for their private ward... i think single bed is the best
Thanks for the info, but does government hospital provide those as well or did you go for some private hospital?

Hi I am not sure if my maternity dress is suitable for breast feeding. When I bought it, the lady said the dress infront got 2 openings just nice for breast feeding. But that time I just bought it cos I think the dress is pretty so buy for maternity use. But now think of what that lady said I can use is as my breast feeding gown?

poohie

Can any mummies advised if breast pump is needed? Because i was advised by my friend to bring my breast pump in case i cant latch on, i still have breast pump to express

paul

I am also not sure if to bring my breast pumps .. as I have 3 bags .. 1 bag is for cordlife ... 17 more days to go ..... no mood work

kimitsusei

-

Hospital Bag Packing List

Documents To Bring:

Antenatal Checkup Card
ATM & Credit Cards
Bank Book of Husband/Wife ---------- for baby bonus cash gift application
Marriage Certificate ---------- for birth registration
NRIC of Husband & Wife
Outpatient Appointment Card
Spare Cash

Items For Mother:

Bath Towel ---------- Hospital May Provide
Disposable Cotton Panties
Elastic Hair Band & Hair Clip
Facial Tissues ---------- travel size jumbo soft pack
Face Towel
Going-home Maternity Dress
Hair Comb/Brush
Maternity Pads
Mobile Phone & Charger
Nursing Bra & Breast Pads
Spare Plastic Bags
Spectacles & Case
Toiletries ---------- eg. Facial Cleanser, Facial Sponge, Shampoo, Shower Gel, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, etc.

Items For Baby:

Newborn Vest ---------- Hospital May Provide
Newborn Diaper ---------- Hospital May Provide
Booties
Mittens
Newborn Cap
Swaddling Cloth ---------- Hospital May Provide

PLEASE NOTE:

If your husband is staying overnight with you at the hospital, do remember to pack a few of his essentials into your hospital bag as well.

Start preparing your hospital bag, during your 2nd trimester. I suggest not to wait till 3rd trimester, as there were some mummies who happened to give birth earlier than expected. Furthermore, you may still need extra time to complete your shopping for baby items, during 3rd trimester.

Just never wait till the very last minute. Begin planning and preparing from your 2nd trimester onwards. Especially when your pregnancy has more or less stabilized after the critical 1st trimester.

ALL THE BEST !!

Last edited:

NeSSa

Just wondering does KKH provide small tins/samples of milk powder when you discharge?
nope they dont provide..i just gave birth there 2 mths plus ago no free milk powder...but got goodie bag inside some reading material and some sponsor items from johnsons n johnson and i think got diaper also only a couple of pcs...

Mreow Mreow

Mummies, is it ok to wear contacts while giving birth naturally?

I cannot function w/o my contacts
And will be so uncomfy in my Specs during natural delivery if we aren't allowed to wear them!! :(

lovepixie

Haha I was thinking how can I see my baby if forgot bring specs and contacts. Darn. Should have LASIK when was not preggy so I can see my baby with 'natural' eyes

MamaDT

Good question Mreow Mreow! I hope to know too! :)

Mreow Mreow

Hehe.

Mummy Teriwinkle answered in aNother thread!!

She Juz gave birth and she wore contacts!!! :)

Yay!!!
Means can!! :D

Phewwww

MamaDT

Yeah thank God! Lol else I will feel so blind and even more blur like don't know what's going on man.... Lol