Things to bring for hospital stay & delivery - WHAT TO PACK LIST

arn0432

Alpha Male
Hi ladies.. I'm a new mummy to be, so i need advise on things to bring during my stay at the hospital. Not too sure wat tings to prepare for myself n for my baby also...:embarrassed:

Ah Cheng

re: Things to bring for hospital stay & delivery - WHAT TO PACK LIST

Personally, I feel that the following will be sufficient:

- maternity/nursing bras
- breast Pads
- disposable panties or daily wear panties (of larger size or maternity one)
- open button dressing gown (easier for breastfeeding)
- going home clothes
- sweater
- sock
- sanitary pads
- comfortable shoes
- comb,hairband
- nursing Pillow (if you have, otherwise use hospital pillows will do)
- towel (if you want to wipe your body)

Others:
- camera
- documents to claim for Medisave

Notes:
1) Remember to ask your mum/inlaw to prepare the red dates tea for you.
Cos once delivery, try not to drink too much plain water.

2) Some of the website will suggest toiletries- but no point for us cos we cannot bath mah.

3) Some hospital will provide baby clothes and blanket, so do check with the nurse 1st.

Hope the above can help you.

January84

Add on to Ah Cheng list:

- maternity/nursing bras- breast Pads
nipple creams in case will sore
- disposable panties or daily wear panties (of larger size or maternity one)
disaposable is better, change and throw,
- open button dressing gown (easier for breastfeeding)
encouraged, the open button best is full buttons or at least half the clothe is button, not those 2-4 buttons one. . .
- going home clothes
- sweater/long bottoms
- sock
- sanitary pads
- comfortable shoes
- comb,hairband
- nursing Pillow (if you have, otherwise use hospital pillows will do)
- towel (if you want to wipe your body)
- powder

Others:
- camera/video cam
- Charger for HP and camera
- documents to claim for Medisave
best is all receipts to be kept in a clear folder. Your DH can just pass the whole file to the officer who will do the necessary.
- cord blood kit (if you sign up for that)

Notes:
1) Remember to ask your mum/inlaw to prepare the red dates tea for you.
Cos once delivery, try not to drink too much plain water.
best is not to drink any plain water, ask for milo if no one boil red dates tea.

2) Some of the website will suggest toiletries- but no point for us cos we cannot bath mah.
bring toothbrush/toothpaste/face towel and facial foam

3) Some hospital will provide baby clothes and blanket, so do check with the nurse 1st.
1 set of clothes for baby to wear home, 1 pair of mittens and booties, 1 pc of swaddle (I brought that even thought TMC provided, but I wanted my son to wear home the first piece of clothe bot by his parents. ;)

Last edited:

babymoon

wah.. you all provide a great and long lists.. i still remember i bring lots of things, but end up didn't use much.. they provide all stuff for babies and some personal use for mummy like comb, toothpaste, toothbrush.. etc
i also no energy to change my cloth..
but do remember to bring the sock and jacket..

arn0432

Alpha Male

wow that is a lot of things to prepare man..thanks for the great advise Ah Cheng & Jan84..will take note of it..

CanCanMum

wah v comprehensive lists...

juz to add on abit...

its useful to prepack these items 2 to 3 weeks prior to EDD coz u neber noe when bb will come out earlier ....

for me the most useful and important thing tat i ever brought there was:

1) Socks - Coz its really really cold at night in the ward....feets get cold easily
2) Sweater and Slipper - Coz after stitches u cannot really move about in shoes....just drag drag along with those flip flops....sweater for wearing when discharged
3) Other than that most of the other items are provided by the hospital, even the pads tt i brought along din really use coz the ones hospital provided are softer and more comfy than my own
4) Any1 mentioned newborn clothes??? I din bring or actualli i din own any...coz we bou those for 2m/3m old ones and its just too big and loose!!! (heard from pple dun buy coz will outgrow easily)

DodoTan

One more thing to add. You and your hubby's ics and marriage cert for birth cert registration, and a photocopy of you or your hubby's bank book/statement for application of baby bonus

qristeele

DodoTan: That is what I wanna confirm... We can apply for the baby bonus at the hospital rightaway upon delivery?

DodoTan

DodoTan: That is what I wanna confirm... We can apply for the baby bonus at the hospital rightaway upon delivery?
Yup. After you register for birth, can apply. Which hospital are you going to deliver in? I delivered at KK. If you pre-book the delivery package, they will give you a whole load of forms to fill in to apply for the birth cert and baby bonus. So you just pass to your hubby and let him go apply after the baby is born. :)

Ah Cheng

You can register baby during discharge if you already have the baby names.

Can only submit for baby bonus once you have baby birth cert.

badtzzz

wah v comprehensive lists...

juz to add on abit...

its useful to prepack these items 2 to 3 weeks prior to EDD coz u neber noe when bb will come out earlier ....

for me the most useful and important thing tat i ever brought there was:

1) Socks - Coz its really really cold at night in the ward....feets get cold easily
2) Sweater and Slipper - Coz after stitches u cannot really move about in shoes....just drag drag along with those flip flops....sweater for wearing when discharged
3) Other than that most of the other items are provided by the hospital, even the pads tt i brought along din really use coz the ones hospital provided are softer and more comfy than my own
4) Any1 mentioned newborn clothes??? I din bring or actualli i din own any...coz we bou those for 2m/3m old ones and its just too big and loose!!! (heard from pple dun buy coz will outgrow easily)
i bring socks n sweater but nt in much use..was super hot in the ward in the night time..

ya...need to bring one set of baby clothes which mittens/booties, receiving blanket and diapers was provided...

badtzzz

You can register baby during discharge if you already have the baby names.

Can only submit for baby bonus once you have baby birth cert.
is better to do everything in the hospital though need to pay additional administrative fees...save the hassle of going down to ICA

CanCanMum

i bring socks n sweater but nt in much use..was super hot in the ward in the night time..

ya...need to bring one set of baby clothes which mittens/booties, receiving blanket and diapers was provided...
EH>? why hot leh? aircon spoilt?

January84

oh.... hahaha, im due on 13 jan, but i think i will be early la... hahaha...

CanCanMum

oh.... hahaha, im due on 13 jan, but i think i will be early la... hahaha...
eh? how many children do u hab? One new born is yr avatar pic, then a toddler, then tis coming one is the 3rd???

qristeele

Yup. After you register for birth, can apply. Which hospital are you going to deliver in? I delivered at KK. If you pre-book the delivery package, they will give you a whole load of forms to fill in to apply for the birth cert and baby bonus. So you just pass to your hubby and let him go apply after the baby is born. :)
Mine is TMC.. Ah.. ok, must remember to pack a pen in my hospital bag. Hehe..

babymoon

i'm due on 11 jan 09..me first time mum so nervous bout certains things..
try to relax lor.. the more nervous the more unexpected things happen.. choy choy.. wish you everything going smooth.. :tlaugh:

Went see doc on Fri. My edd Dec 7 but bb est to be 2.9kg now. If I carry full term she might be close to 3.9kg! However he say I might give birth 1-2 weeks earlier than edd. I've been so lazy to get started packing my bags. Qn. TMC doesn't provide pjs? How long is the stay, assuming I hv to go for c-section.