Things to bring for hospital stay & delivery - WHAT TO PACK LIST

lovepixie

Haha I only wear coloured lenses dailies dunno if doc or nurse allowed or not

kimitsusei

some nurses may or may not ask if you are wearing any contact lens.

i am short-sighted. but did not wear any spectacles or contact lens throughout childbirth, still could see the entire process. i kept my spectacles inside my hospital bag in the maternity ward. dislike the possibility of sweat slipping the spectacles off my nose, rather troublesome and uncomfortable, at same time need to focus on the contractions when pushing out the baby. my husband was at my side, so it was quite ok for me.

wearing contact lens is fine. however, the midwife will strongly advise you to rest in bed for at least 6 hours after delivery. because your body will be very weak, tired and dizzy. must remove contact lens, before you close your eyes to sleep, after being pushed back into maternity ward to recover. do not sleep wearing contact lens, since your eyes can become infected.

if you need to use toilet to rinse your lens or anything else, just press the nurse-call button at the side of your bed to have a nurse assist you to the toilet. usually, the nurses there will advise you on the necessary things, before they leave you alone.

Last edited:

lovepixie

Hmm thanks for the advise. I think I'll stick to dailies to save the hassle of washing them at hospital

Mreow Mreow

Lovepixie, think colored ones cannot!

If they needa check your pupil activity or pupil dialation in response to light,
Your coloured lenses will prevent that!!

U have normal ones? :)

lovepixie

Haha head over to nearest optical shop ask for trial pair. :p no normal ones. It's either coloured ones or I wear specs haha nowadays wear specs nia

kimitsusei

if wear specs, its easier to remove than contact lens.

unless your eyesight problem is not very bad, then maybe you can give birth without wearing specs.

Last edited:

momnbaby

We encourage regular pregnancy massages from your second trimester (13[SUP]th[/SUP] week) onward, it will be a wonderful complement to your pre-natal care. While pregnancy massage is highly recommended for a normal pregnancy, it may not be appropriate for some conditions, do give as much information as possible of your condition to your massage therapist, even if you are not sure they are important. Remember, any condition you affects two people, one of whom is very small.

Check out more Baby massage | Infant massage Singapore | Baby massage helps babies with sleep, wind, colic and relaxation. Connect and bond better through massaging babies. Call 6497 0615 to find out more.

roudx

Hi, I'm due on June 5th. Gynae says might be earlier though.. Wanna pack my hospital bag in advance..
Delivering in Thomson Medical... For BB's clothes, they give us clothes & Swaddle to bring home? Or I need to bring my own BB clothes n swaddle?
Do they give us slippers to wear or we need bring our own??

They provide baby's clothes and swaddle. Bring your own stuff to wear. Pjs and slippers. Bring your own breast pump or you will have to rent theirs. Pack nursing bras and extra maternity pads (everything's chargeable). My gynae makes me bring along special DVT socks that I have to wear.

roudx

Thanks mamapenguin !!
I think I would bring my own socks and slippers there... as for PJ, maybe I will use the nursing dress they provide.

The nursing gown is the green open back surgical gown. I guess you can wear that if only short stay from natural birth. C-section must stay for 3 days. Very uncomfortable.

roudx

Ya ... I'm opting for natural birth... I've seen the open back ones.. Should be ok... Since not a long stay :p

Unfortunately I have no option to opt :( Both my previous births were c-sects due to circumstances. 3rd time, my gynae say I have no choice. Ah well, c'est la vie.

Last edited:

roudx

Oh.. I have heard such cases.. I am hoping I can get natural birth too... I have friends who had to C-sect last minute even when Gynae can see BB's head already due to circumstances too.. It's so closeee...

lyn27

onesies are your to-go basics! pack at least 6 sets of it - mix of short and long sleeves onesies :)
good to protect babies skin using organic cotton clothing as they do not contain any toxic chemicals.. babies skin are very very sensitive and thin so they absorb everything. there's an online boutique focusing on providing such organic clothing for baby. you might want to check out Little Suite | 100% Organic Cotton Clothing for Children

royals celebrities' kids wear it too! :) all the best!