Thinking of placing daughter in childcare.

mommy.loves

Hi.
I am thinking of placing my daughter who is 1yrs and 10mths old in the childcare. Do you think that it is too young?

annie

many ppl puts kids in childcare around this age. i dun think its too young. but then i wonder whats the reason for it. is it really necessary? my fren say its for interaction with other kids n they do learn something there also.. i wonder if this cant be achieve by ourselves?

diymummy

Hehe... My baby is in infant care since 3.5mths old... :p My son loves it there. A lot of babies. But he picks up the good things as well as the bad. He learnt how to call mummy and daddy quite quickly but he also learnt how to scream for attention.

Ting

i place pin in at 18 mths.
wasnt really a choice i had, cos no one could tc of her.
well, no regrets. :)

redjn

Is good to place them as early as @ 18 mths where they can start to learn in the centre. MOst of the childcare centre accept child @ 18 mths onwards.

snowbear

It depends on your current arrangement with regard to taking care of your child. If your child is well taken care of at home then I dun really see a need to send your child to childcare. :)

Last edited:

Catty

I believe is good for our kids if we place them in infant/chidcare as they can interact with other kids, learn to be more independent and they won't feel scare of stranger just like my 2nd gal, she never went to any infant/childcare before and although she sometimes can be quite independent but she so scare of stranger and tell us that she dont't want to go school, just want to stay at home.. :embarrassed:

alcobros

Dear Parents,
We are delighted to invite you and your family to our year-end Learning Festival slated to be held on Saturday, 5 December 2015 @ 10 am - 3 pm.

During this year's Learning Festival, you would be able to learn about the unique curriculum of Picket Fence Education. We focus on individual child's educational, social and emotional development, and character building through our child-centric approach.
On the day, your children would also get to explore our centre through various fun group activities. One of the highlights is the opportunity for your children to participate in our enrichment workshops detailed below:
10.00 - 11.00: Music by Kindermusik International
11.00 - 13.00: Chinese Speech & Drama by Absolut Minds
11.30 - 12.00: Taekwondo by Taekwondo Singapore
13.00 - 14.00: Arts by Art Speaks Studio
13.30 - 14.30: English Speech & Drama by ACT 3 International
In celebration of the event, we would be rolling out special promotional package for 2016 intake, offered only for that day.
To inquire more about the event or make a reservation, please email us at yishun@pf-edu.com or call us at 8555 8523.
Shuttle bus transport is also available on the day from Yishun MRT and Fernvale LRT (Sengkang) stations.
Look forward to seeing you in our event!