Thomson hospital bill size?????

Jen Tan

hi Anyone can share what is the billing like when u give birth in Thomson Hospital?
thanks
:embarrassed:

cygo

i was in single room, stayed 4 days.
paid around 300+ cash when discharge, w/ companion staying over price.
forgot deposit to gynae is how much cos hubby is pay master :wong30:
think total bill is (incl medisave deduction) was 8k+ . :wong2:

Jen Tan

thanks for sharing

angelababi

thanks for sharing too :)

chapter1

8K is considered cheap...
Total bill it worked out to us was around 10K+ (5K+ balance, 5K+ Medisave)

We stayed in single bedded, upgraded to premium ward.
Extra night stay + companion stay / meals etc.
Package for gynae separately made before.

But yes, it's considered much cheaper when you compare to places like Gleneagles, Mount Alvernia, Mount E etc.
(and the thing that impresses is, facilities are new, things are new, many of the staff are well-trained, so the confidence level is there)

Dilys

Oh my... I can't believe how expensive it is to have a baby in Singapore! :err:
Hi ast0212,

It's not expensive if know how to work out the cost. For me .. I don't believe in paying so much for stay in hospital. U just need a place to delivered the baby that's all... a for 4 bedded stay should be enough ! It's expensive if u pay for those 2 days "luxury" Premium /One bedded stay in a hospital ... just because of the food slightly better & room abit bigger .. that's all. My friend delivered recently paid only $600+ in total (after deduction of medisave) even antenal visit are deducted from medisave. she stayed in a 4 bedded..

She was telling me how much she can save to give up "Luxury Hospital Stay" .. & enjoy herself in a Luxury of hotel stay after delivering. Never too expensive to have a baby in Singapore if u r a wise spender!

ast0212

Hi ast0212,

It's not expensive if know how to work out the cost. For me .. I don't believe in paying so much for stay in hospital. U just need a place to delivered the baby that's all... a for 4 bedded stay should be enough ! It's expensive if u pay for those 2 days "luxury" Premium /One bedded stay in a hospital ... just because of the food slightly better & room abit bigger .. that's all. My friend delivered recently paid only $600+ in total (after deduction of medisave) even antenal visit are deducted from medisave. she stayed in a 4 bedded..

She was telling me how much she can save to give up "Luxury Hospital Stay" .. & enjoy herself in a Luxury of hotel stay after delivering. Never too expensive to have a baby in Singapore if u r a wise spender!
Ah that makes a lot of sense!!! I was thinking, how is it possible?! But yes it is true what you said :)

Rukia

Can anyone advise what are the chargeable items in thomson?

I heard the maternity pads are charged per pcs? I am thinking of bringing those things which i already have to save on some unnecessary cost...

Dilys

Can anyone advise what are the chargeable items in thomson?

I heard the maternity pads are charged per pcs? I am thinking of bringing those things which i already have to save on some unnecessary cost...
Maternity pads are chargeable ?? Thomson become one of the commercial hospital nowadays !!