throw tantrum when I give him Homework for P2

Friend

Hi,

My son will feel so bored when I give him worksheets to do. End up, he started throwing tantrum and he will start to behave negatively like daydreaming and etc.

Any mummies can share your successful story of managing this. Thanks.

:shyxxx:

EnFlor

perhaps, he is bored with the pen and paper worksheets. Afterall, he gets that from his school teachers.

Y don't u search some online educational lessons/games for him. There are plenty of those.

Or u check some printable online worksheets. Show it to him and let him choose from your selection which he prefers to do. That could get him excited coz he is part of the worksheet 'setter'.

Another method that most probably works, tell him that if he finishes his work, he will get his outdoor playtime session. Eg: Bring him to the playground, let him cycle outdoor, etc.

Time to study and to play...that can never go wrong.

jedamum

Hi,

My son will feel so bored when I give him worksheets to do. End up, he started throwing tantrum and he will start to behave negatively like daydreaming and etc.

Any mummies can share your successful story of managing this. Thanks.

erm...i assume he is in P2?
- how much did you give in one shot?
- which time of the day did you do it?
- is this the first time he is doing worksheets given by you?
- have you give him prior notification?
- did you tell him the rationale of doing such worksheets?

kopi_c

i agree with EnFlor, give him something more interesting to do, like those printable online worksheets. That's what i did with my son, and he's keen to do because they are different from school work.

P

pqrs971

President Vicente Fox declared a state of emergency today in Colima

President Vicente Foxdeclared a state of emergency today in Colima, a coastal state hit overnight by apowerful earthquake that rolled across central Mexico from the Pacific Ocean, killing at least 29 people and rattling millions of Mexico City residentsIt took only minutes on Saturday June 23rd for a powerful 8.1 earthquake to rip through southernPeruExperts with the China Earthquake Networks Center said strong aftershocks may still rock Wenchuan, though quakes exceeding 7.8 on the Richter scale are unlikelyWhen he was working on Monday afternoon, Tan said hesuddenlyfelt the ground was shaking.

Friend

erm...i assume he is in P2?
- how much did you give in one shot?
- which time of the day did you do it?
- is this the first time he is doing worksheets given by you?
- have you give him prior notification?

Sorry...so bz with his results and school holiday that I forgotten to reply this thread.

So fast. School holiday is going to be over.

Hi,

how much did you give in one shot? i usually spilt by half an hr slot to do homework (english or others), by snack, by play time, by homework(chinese), by TV/lunch, by homework (maths), by snack, by play time, by dinner and so forth.

- which time of the day did you do it? see above
- is this the first time he is doing worksheets given by you? no.
- have you give him prior notification? yes
yes...i guess he is just those types that cannot be sitting still and concentrate.

My son has myophia of 250 degree both sides...that is why I try not to let him spend too much time on the computer.