Tingkat Lunch & dinner

JP12

Re: vege in tingkat + cafe in action

Found out abt Kim's Kitchen trial: 5 days 2pax - $40, 10 days - $96.30. 3 dishes and 1 soup. :D
Wonder if Kim's Kitchen or Neo Garden is better for their tingkat?

soapsoap

Re: vege in tingkat + cafe in action

I prefer Kim kitchen to neo garden cos neo portion is very small and not that nice. The only bad abt Kim is they don have rice

JP12

I feel Kim's kitchen portion a bit small. Maybe i'm a big eater..:001_302:food is quite gd. So far the soup ok only..don't really fancy those fishball, white cabbage soup - can taste msg. Lotus soup is ok.

jo_mum

Have tried Jessie catering and Kim's kitchen. Totally disappointed with Jessie's as the food doesn't taste good and looks like they used a lot of MSG. Kim's kitchen is better and portion is quite big too.

jenny2011

Hi all,

Any more recommendations for tingkat dinner srv?

I had tried ordering from Buffet Junction. Felt that the portion was horrible!! Very little for 2 person n my friend had tried ordering for just 1 pax ( 4 dishes). They could just give [you]one small pc of chicken meat [/you]as one dish, the soup replaced as a dish n the dish was just 2 miserable small fish balls! It is definitely not sufficient for even one pax n charges for 1 pax was exp. My friend cancelled the order before the 20 days period n got to pay admin charge of $5! So in the end the meal for one pax was $8 plus per day instead of $6.50 per day for one pax after the admin charge. But she felt its better than to suffer for 20 days! haha! From my experience, normally if we order for 1 or 2 person, the meat dish shdn't be just one pc of tiny meat thats all.. it was so unpresentable.. I rather pay more for a better catering. Really not worth ordering from them.

snoopy1107

I've tried Neogdn,Empire food and kim's kitchen.

Neo- Initially was good, but portion a bit small. As for the following month, they keep giving us tau geh every week!
As my hubby n i dun take tau geh,we called to ask for a change,maybe can change the tau geh to soup.. They said cannot, but curry,chilli and bittergourd can change why
Tau geh cannot change!!! Fed up!

Empire food- food portion is good, food taste ok, but dun like their fish dish.

Kim's kitchen- food portion ok,more than NeoG,food taste ok maybe more salt? Hee

Brylina

My mum had bad experience with Kelvin from Mom's Cooking. I read that he is the boss.
She ordered for Tingkat from this Kelvin, he said payment can be by Cheque or Internet Banking. Then my mum asked for the bank details, he MIA-ed. As it was close to the Tingkat start date already, my mum enquired what happen, is the order confirm or not and what is the bank account details, why is their service like that when she's ordering a Trial Promo. Below is his reply.

" Firstly, we are mom’s cooking pte ltd Not Mom’s Kitchen. Secondly I did not receive your email. Lastly, you are free to share whatever experience you had.

Thanks U

Kelvin"

Such company should be boycotted and close down, let the good and sincere ones survive!

Brylina

From Singaporemotherhood.

while buffetparadize food is better than others...i must say that i am amazed at the sheer rudeness of the boss kelvin. i had an issue with 1 of the delivery and gave a call to clarify & gave my feedback. The intent was not to seek refund but clarifications. He felt that not only was he not in the wrong, he also need not make any apologies about his attitude! i said that for the amount of price i'm paying, I should at least get better customer service..and guess what he said 'sorry, i'm not obliged to provide excellent customer service' my god, the sheer arrogance! my blood really boiled after tt conversation...after dropping off the line, i was cursing and swearing to my colleagues and blaming myself for being so stupid as to pay him in full upfront...in fact i cursed him that he will walk into a wall and break 1 of his toes...my colleagues actually said tt I'm too nice! I have used other delivery service before..and honestly they will realy bend over backwards to see what they can do for you...in fact, I have to recommend this Jeslyn from Neo Gdn...she was really wonderful! but the quality of food can really vary..some days can be good, but some days can be really strange and pathetic looking....i really wun recommend any1 to try out buffetparadize...not worth your time giving such pp biz...i rather go back to neo or try someone else

post by: "babsupplies"
.net/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=19699
(go to singapore google and search for buffet paradise and you will see posting at this website)

Author Topic
mummyeny

Singapore
49 Posts
Posted - 04/02/2008 : 16:09:41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear All

I was very angry the last few days.

I had been a customer with this company Buffet Paradise for Tingkat dinner for more than 1.5 yrs and hd recommended many friends to their service.

This company claimed to serve food LESS OIL, LESS SALT, NO MSG. Although their prices are amongst the most ex for tingkat dinner in Singapore, I hv chosen them cuz their food has no MSG as I'm a nursing mother and do not really hv time to cook dinner.

However, some months back, the taste of their food started to change and as I'm with them for quite some time, I tried not to be oversuspicious. However, recently, I get more and more thirsty after eating their food. Also my dd too. I started to feel unwell too.

I went to check their website. They hv secretly taken out the NO MSG clause in their site without informing their customers. I was very very upset cuz I'm currently pregnant with #2 and to imagine feeding both my babies with food full of MSG is devasting. I called up the company the next day and they confirmed my worst thought. They had been adding MSG since (god's knows when) claiming MSG helps to preserve food. I was furious, and I questioned why they didn't inform all the customers and they said the boss thought it's not important, anyway all TINGKAT dinner caterers add MSG. I was very very mad. I was so cheated and decepted being a longtime customer. one of the staff said she was instructed to tell customer only when they call to check about this MSG thing. And the staff said although they received some customers who had discovered about this quite some time back and some had felt sick after consuming their MSG food like diahhorea and vomiting because allergy to MSG, this Company continue to hide this fact. So I demanded to talk to the boss which called back and told me the exact same thing. He certainly didn't feel sorry about it. So I asked him so how do I trust his company who is also serving confinement food to mothers if they will add anything strange in the food, he said it's up to me.

To all friends whom I recommended their tingkat service, I'm sorry.
To all mothers who wants to use their confinement food or is using currently, PLS THINK TWICE as the company is obviously unethnical, dishonest and hungry for money.

================================================

these caterers share the same factory address but with different names. have you guys find out about this? the food may be prepared by same factory and sent out under different company names.

1) provide confinement food. also claimed that no MSG is used when it shared the same factory?
Natal Essentials - Traditional Confinement Meal Deliver to Your Door Step
Natal Essential
Blk 15, Woodlands Loop, #02-42 Woodlands East Industrial Estate, S738322. Tel: 6755 4747

2)provide home meal delivery
http://www.buffetparadize.com/
Buffet Paradize Pte Ltd
Add: Blk 15, Woodlands Loop, #02-42 Woodlands East Ind. Est, S738322. Tel: 6755 4466

3)claim that no MSG is used?? Is this really true after sharing the same address with the above??
Mom's Cooking
Mom’s Cooking Pte Ltd
Blk 15 Woodland Loop #02-42
Woodlands East Industrial Estate
Singapore 738322
Tel : 6755 4466
Fax: 6752 8667
Email : enquiry@momscooking.com.sg

yeoymp

I started 10days trial of dinner last monday on Empire. Very dissappointed with their service and food.

1st day did not see my food when i reach home at 6.20pm, called up and they say on the way reaching 10mins time. Then i put in order for request food serve in tingkat so that easier for me to heat up using gas stove but the food came in disposable container instead. So i called up next day morning to check, then the girl without asking me who am i just told me usually monday very busy so they will put in disposable container, i will definately receive food in tiffin that day. Who knows i still received the food in disposable container on tuesday evening so i called up again, then the girl told me the order they received in system was "disposable container". A bit pissed off, why the girl in the morning who pick up call can't just do a check for me ?
Afterthat, everything ok for wed and thurs.

Then on friday i reach home about 6.30pm, saw the empty tingkat still there. Called up and ask again, the girl without asking me detail address the min she heard is from Jurong straight away tell me van towards jurong broke down, today dinner will be delayed. Asked her how long must i wait, she said dun know......the driver went down and try to deliver now.......ok fine i just wait while giving some biskut to my daughter first.

By 7.15pm i still did not receive my food so i called up again. Then this time round they tell me ......food all delivered already, i checked and called back. After 5mins the girl called back and ask me did i check my door, i was very angry and told her i'm standing in front of my door and talking to her ...then she say maybe the driver send to wrong block coz today send by another driver due to the original vehicle broke down. And she just simply tell me they will replace 1 meal for me and did not even apologise......i was so mad and scolded her i waited so long and now they just told me delivered to wrong place and replace 1 meal and told her i want to stop the cheque payment and ask them to cancel order. Then the girl keep quiet after that pass to another person. So i complained again.........

Then yesterday.....again i received my food in disposable container and the way they packed all the gravy are leaked! Guess what they told me when i called, she told me they gave me disposable container coz they did not receive my tingkat on friday! I was so angry and told her off ....i didn't even got my dinner on friday in the first place. Then she got frightened and apology. I told her this is my first and last time for order their tingkat.

What a lousy service ...........and the food are not very nice, vegetabel and soup are bland, fish always like not fresh. And portion very small.

First time in my life order tingkat and called to complained almost everyday.

lydlydlyd

Oh dear! I have just placed my order (for 1 pax) for lunch tingkat with empire food for next week onwards as my confinement will end this week! Shall look into other companies for dinner option for myself and hub in this case. Any other recommendations?

soapsoap

Just finish 10 day with chu yi, food not bad and better than Neo garden and Chu Wei San tong, will continue another 20 day

niquolle

Prefer Kim's Kitchen to Neo Garden. For both, we ordered 4 dishes (no soup) for 3 pax. Personally I feel the portion is the same for both. Taste wise, we prefer Kim's. However, my husband likes the Wed special that Neo Garden offers, like chicken rice, fried noodles, dry mee siam etc