To do or not to do MCU

fioncess

Need some advise from the parents here.
Abt 2+mth ago my 11mth daughter got UTI and was admit to the hospital for 3day 2night.
During the stay we did ultrasound n blood test for her kidney.
ultrasound looks ok.
blood test was normal.
when we went back to the PD for post check up.

the PD ask us to do MCU for andrea.
thus her blood test is normal but doc say for the blood test to show adnormal 1.5 kidney have to be damage then this result will show. as our kidney are very strong. this test is to make sure her kidney are doing fine.
to do MCU we have to let andrea take anestic to let her slp....
this is my worry...
thu i ask the doc abt side effect the doc say dun have... but she so young i dun feel good abt letting her ZZzzzz.... cos use on adult also nt tt very gd wats more on a baby.

but the test is not die die must do but to do to be safe...

Shld i let my girl go thru this???
or shld i skip this test as the ultrasound n blood test show tt is normal..

fioncess

try seeking a second opinion with another pediatrician??
it might be quite diffcult maybe cos its the pd tt did the blood test n ultrasound n went thru her result.. so other pd may not be too sure??? cos they r not the one tt handle her UTI....

mandymtb

get all the reports and results from the doc??

i thought they will give the parents a copy of these for reference... no?

apollo

dearie, i agree with mandymtb. u can always get the record to another pd. actu she only got UTI once right? i mean, it is not coming bk freqeuntly, at least not during these 2mth+ right?

get all the reports and results from the doc??

i thought they will give the parents a copy of these for reference... no?
not all places give a copy readily, in other places im not too sure, but in ttsh, you would have to pay for it and wait for it to be sent to you

Domique

Normally after UTI it is advisable to do a MCU. My son went through it when he was about 7 months. I do not wish to worry thus doing it reassured that he is fine and there is no issue with the urinary tract.

fioncess

Normally after UTI it is advisable to do a MCU. My son went through it when he was about 7 months. I do not wish to worry thus doing it reassured that he is fine and there is no issue with the urinary tract.
how is ur son after he woke up from MCU??
did he cry or show signs of discomfort?

stonston

Your worry is GA? My friend's girl just had a minor day op & she also had GA. They went to private hospital and chose a senior PD anaesthetist. Very experienced and her girl woke up quickly after the op without much discomfort. No crying, no screaming.

We were also very worried about GA but the doctors (main surgeon & anaesthetist) assured us that they are very careful and we need not worry.

BTW, original plan was to have this op at KKH but due to some comments by the doctors, they decided to go private since can claim insurance.

fioncess

Your worry is GA? My friend's girl just had a minor day op & she also had GA. They went to private hospital and chose a senior pediatrician anaesthetist. Very experienced and her girl woke up quickly after the op without much discomfort. No crying, no screaming.

We were also very worried about GA but the doctors (main surgeon & anaesthetist) assured us that they are very careful and we need not worry.

BTW, original plan was to have this op at Kandang Kerbau Hospital but due to some comments by the doctors, they decided to go private since can claim insurance.
ya if i do also goin to mount A to do....claiming insurance also.... Worrried abt GA cos andrea still very young.

mandymtb

i wld think the anaesthetic wld know how much to give for a young baby like yours... afterall, they are the professional in this area... :)

jus to share, my niece went thru a surgery to stitch up her open palate when she was bout 8mths old last yr, was on full GA as well... and she is doing fine and well so far. :)

hope ur baby will be fine and recover soon! :)